Bob Ross is Out

Vince Massi

Registered
Reaction score
Brethren, it might be time to cut this thread. There is still nothing, anywhere, about Bob Ross's trial, and I feel safe in saying that the charges were dropped. Tom Vineyard is keeping his father's faithful staff on the payroll, but Bob Ross is not one of them (Remember that he had left a few years before things fell apart for him in Texas). Bob is on the advisory board of the college, but I cannot find out how many students they have. I have twice contacted the Mesquite Police Department to ask about Bob's case and they have not answered me.

The church appears to be doing well, and they currently report over 90 students in their school. They appear to have "written-off" Bob. If I ever find anything new, I'll post it here and I hope others will do the same, but I don't expect much.

Two doctrinal points:

1) The doctrine that man-made rules are both the cause and result of holiness was shot to pieces long ago. Both the adult and the teen-age girl were following man-made standards and yet they were guilty.

2) I don't now where Bob got the doctrine that a church has the means of solving every problem within itself,  but he didn't get it from Scripture. More than one disgraced church has learned that they are not capable of conducting a police investigation. Bob really believed both doctrines, and both doctrines failed miserably.

Bob Ross was Godly when I knew him at HAC, and he was Godly when I knew him at OBC. I can't get hold of Bob, but wherever he is, I hope that he is doing well.

Walt

Doctor
Registered
Reaction score
Vince Massi said:
Bob Ross was Godly when I knew him at HAC, and he was Godly when I knew him at OBC. I can't get hold of Bob, but wherever he is, I hope that he is doing well.
I hope  that he is glorifying God in whatever he's doing; however, I don't think that I would care to attend any church he pastors.

Vince Massi

Registered
Reaction score
I just did an internet search and can find nothing new on Bob Ross. It also appears that the college only has two administrators and is not posting its numbers.

Brethren, something came up on another site that suggest a THEORY, which might not be true. And it might be true in some areas but not in others.

To begin:

Many Christians on this forum and others insist that they would have objected if they had seen evidence of immorality among the leadership.

Decades ago, we had a guy who kept taking pretty high school girls out of church services to flirt with them in the lobby He was elected to the school board and showed up at my class, telling me that as a school board member he was taking some of the girls (all of them pretty) into the hallway during my class. It ended with a shouting match, in which I told him that I would not leave him alone with these girls. They had a meeting, I was ordered never to disuss it, and I never saw him again. His actions, however, were known to various church members. Two years later (and this is important) a Godly deacon insisted that he knew nothing about it. And the day after it happened, I found that the other teachers, all of whom were Godly, were united that I had done the wrong thing.

Vince Massi

Registered
Reaction score
Around twenty years ago, "Pretty Boy," one of Vineyard's Gangsters, posted his story on the FF. Bragging about his violent crime, he mourned the penalty that he had received...and sympathy posts poured in.

No repentance, no admission of wrong-doing, and he even bragged about his wrongs. And not one person wrote in to object to his sins.

Vince Massi

Registered
Reaction score
600 views for these two posts? And now I've rejected the theory that started them and don't want to discuss it.

Anyway, the moral of the story is that most Christians will not report abuse, and therefore have no business criticizing others for not reporting it. A surprising exception--Bob Ross's church, where some people did report the abuse.

Walt

Doctor
Registered
Reaction score
I just did an internet search and can find nothing new on Bob Ross. It also appears that the college only has two administrators and is not posting its numbers.

Brethren, something came up on another site that suggest a THEORY, which might not be true. And it might be true in some areas but not in others.

To begin:

Many Christians on this forum and others insist that they would have objected if they had seen evidence of immorality among the leadership.

Decades ago, we had a guy who kept taking pretty high school girls out of church services to flirt with them in the lobby He was elected to the school board and showed up at my class, telling me that as a school board member he was taking some of the girls (all of them pretty) into the hallway during my class. It ended with a shouting match, in which I told him that I would not leave him alone with these girls. They had a meeting, I was ordered never to disuss it, and I never saw him again. His actions, however, were known to various church members. Two years later (and this is important) a Godly deacon insisted that he knew nothing about it. And the day after it happened, I found that the other teachers, all of whom were Godly, were united that I had done the wrong thing.
It is shameful that truth is subordinated to "not harming the ministry" -- if these things are going on in "the ministry", IT NEEDS TO BE HARMED! Sometimes, things are covered up to protect our heroes... if we worship men more than we respect God, heaven help us to repent.

Walt

Doctor
Registered
Reaction score
600 views for these two posts? And now I've rejected the theory that started them and don't want to discuss it.

Anyway, the moral of the story is that most Christians will not report abuse, and therefore have no business criticizing others for not reporting it. A surprising exception--Bob Ross's church, where some people did report the abuse.
I'm glad they did... they may have learned a lesson from the previous pastor, who had people covering for him.