Bob Ross is Out

Okay, it's been six months, and no one can find anything on Bob Ross's trial. There is a tendency of internet media to post about an arrest but not about charges being dropped.

I might regret making this guess, but I think that the charges against Bob Ross have been dropped.

Vince Massi said:
Okay, it's been six months, and no one can find anything on Bob Ross's trial. There is a tendency of internet media to post about an arrest but not about charges being dropped.

I might regret making this guess, but I think that the charges against Bob Ross have been dropped.

I don?t think so, Dallas County has 1-2 year back log.  Things move slow here. 

If they had the case they thought they had they usually try people by now......especially when they are IFB.

Im guessing they have enough to charge but "hear say " is not going to be considered evidence. (ex Kavanaugh hearings ) 

Saved by Grace said:
If they had the case they thought they had they usually try people by now......especially when they are IFB.

Im guessing they have enough to charge but "hear say " is not going to be considered evidence. (ex Kavanaugh hearings )

Tanner makes a valid point--this is not a high-priority case.

In addition, there is a problem about Bob KNOWINGLY failing to report the abuse. It is easy to prove that for decades, Bob Ross preached, taught, practiced,  and believed that man-made rules are both the cause and result of Godliness. His claim that he did not know that the reports were true (in the face of very strong evidence that they were) is backed up by what he actually believed and practiced.

The prosecution must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he believed the reports, and that might be impossible.

Vince Massi said:
Saved by Grace said:

In addition, there is a problem about Bob KNOWINGLY failing to report the abuse. It is easy to prove that for decades, Bob Ross preached, taught, practiced,  and believed that man-made rules are both the cause and result of Godliness. His claim that he did not know that the reports were true (in the face of very strong evidence that they were) is backed up by what he actually believed and practiced.

The prosecution must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he believed the reports, and that might be impossible.
He believed it enough to kick the girl out of school.  This won?t be a big trial.  I see them offering a plea deal for a slap on the wrist. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tanner said:
Vince Massi said:
Saved by Grace said:

He believed it enough to kick the girl out of school.  This won?t be a big trial.  I see them offering a plea deal for a slap on the wrist. 

I agree with you; I expect to have a quiet plea-bargain struck.

Once again the case has been delayed/postponed until 1 Nov.  Keeps getting delayed a month at a time.

Just me said:
Once again the case has been delayed/postponed until 1 Nov.  Keeps getting delayed a month at a time.

Do you know why? Is the prosecutor seeking the delay, or is it the defense?

Walt said:
Just me said:

Do you know why? Is the prosecutor seeking the delay, or is it the defense?

Do not know.  Just keep reading an update that says it is being delayed one month at a time every month. :(

In Texas it?s a class B Misdemeanor up to 6 months in jail and $1000 fine. 

I found a confused website that states that Bob Ross is now directing  Bob Ross Ministries, which is a missions organization. The site states that Bob was executive vice-president of Windsor Hills Baptist Church and that he had formerly pastored a Mormon church (He did not).

https://www.zoominfo.com/c/bob-c-ross-ministries-inc/442401771

https://www.zoominfo.com/p/Bob-Ross/5327612

Vince Massi said:
I found a confused website that states that Bob Ross is now directing  Bob Ross Ministries, which is a missions organization. The site states that Bob was executive vice-president of Windsor Hills Baptist Church and that he had formerly pastored a Mormon church (He did not).

https://www.zoominfo.com/c/bob-c-ross-ministries-inc/442401771

https://www.zoominfo.com/p/Bob-Ross/5327612

I don't believe this is the same "Bob Ross".

https://www.alignable.com/plano-tx/bob-c-ross-ministries

As I said, it was a confused website.

Twisted is correct; that is a different Bob Ross.

Vince Massi said:
Saved by Grace said:

He kept detailed notes about when the relationship accusation was brought to his attention. To the meetings he had with those involved in which they denied a relationship existed.  He was so proud of the detailed notes he kept of everything he had learned that he gave it to the police as evidence. He just knew that since the parties involved had denied any type of relationship that he could not be arrested (announced during a church members only meeting). Thing is that it was not his place to counsel and find out it was his job to report that an adult had an alleged  ongoing sexual relationship with a minor(willingly or not).  If he is still not humbled I think he will get a week in jail and a couple years of probation. I think that is why the delays because he to this day thinks he did nothing wrong.

O.C

if what you say is true ( big if ) what he thinks doesnt matter.

If they had proof and evidence he would have prob been tried on local tv because this world loves pointing our faults in Christians.

The fact that there has been so many delays leaves only to speculation which cant be corroborated.
If they could prove like you say they can then this would have been over with along time ago.

just my thoughts

"Vineyard?s son Tom took his place as head of the church. Ross, the pastor from Mesquite who was arrested in April, had worked for Jim Vineyard in Oklahoma before coming to Texas, and has found refuge back in Vineyard?s church as he awaits trial.
Tom Vineyard and Ross did not respond to requests for comment.
Ex-members of Windsor Hills say they?ve been contacted by Mesquite officers as part of the investigation into Ross. They said police also asked them about allegations that Ross had failed to report abuse when he worked at Windsor Hills."

Excerpt  from the Star-Telegram, December 9, 2018

Open Door Baptist in Mesquite is still open and even holding special events. I contacted a person whose name was listed to ask about Bob Ross's trial, but he didn't answer.

On March 24, 2019, Bob Ross was a guest speaker at a church, but I can't find out the name of the church.

April 3, 2019, will mark the one-year anniversary of his arrest.

Open Door Baptist Church of Mesquite, Texas, got a new pastor, but has not posted anything since January.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that charges were dropped.

Is WHBC and OBC completely closed? I heard they had sold the church property and moved.