Bud Calvert's Son

I tried to "listen" but had to read it instead.

An incredible article. Unsigned.

How is anyone to know who wrote it?
If you had listened to it, you would know that it was by Becky herself. She told her story in the podcast.

I listened to podcast and read the article by Becky. I have met Becky. I have read many speculations about her marriage to Troy. Most accusing Becky of wrong doing. Charges should be brought against the Calvart’s. Bud Calvart should never had been qualified as a Pastor because if his wife has been divorced and they did hide it from the religious community it would make him ineligible. The only thing that I need to clarify is you can’t condemn all Independent Baptist Churches by the actions of some. Not all Independent Baptist Churches are Biblical Churches.
Men and Woman need to read and study their KJV Bibles. Compare what the Pastor preaches, know the church doctrine, does the church do local out reach, do they support missions compare all of this to what does the Bible say. If a Pastor or church doesn’t line up with the KJV Bible find another church. I am Blessed to be in an Independent Baptist Church that has a Pastor that gives God the glory and sound in doctrine.

I listened to podcast and read the article by Becky. I have met Becky. I have read many speculations about her marriage to Troy. Most accusing Becky of wrong doing. Charges should be brought against the Calvart’s. Bud Calvart should never had been qualified as a Pastor because if his wife has been divorced and they did hide it from the religious community it would make him ineligible. The only thing that I need to clarify is you can’t condemn all Independent Baptist Churches by the actions of some. Not all Independent Baptist Churches are Biblical Churches.
Men and Woman need to read and study their KJV Bibles. Compare what the Pastor preaches, know the church doctrine, does the church do local out reach, do they support missions compare all of this to what does the Bible say. If a Pastor or church doesn’t line up with the KJV Bible find another church. I am Blessed to be in an Independent Baptist Church that has a Pastor that gives God the glory and sound in doctrine.
If the senior Calvert was in fact married to a divorced lady then that makes me understand why out of the blue he, in a pastors Q & A session years ago, made the statement, "I just want to remind you all that God got divorced."

If the senior Calvert was in fact married to a divorced lady then that makes me understand why out of the blue he, in a pastors Q & A session years ago, made the statement, "I just want to remind you all that God got divorced."
What did Bud Calvert mean by that statement? Did he explain himself?Who did God divorce?

Where is this article you guys are talking about? As for the podcast, I'm glad that she was able to bring her side of the situation as I've heard only the other side which accused of her of having an affair - which may still very be true but now that she has come forward should be questioned especially if what she said about Troy Calvert is all true.

Where is this article you guys are talking about? As for the podcast, I'm glad that she was able to bring her side of the situation as I've heard only the other side which accused of her of having an affair - which may still very be true but now that she has come forward should be questioned especially if what she said about Troy Calvert is all true.
Preacher Boys Podcast
Father-in-law/Pastor/Rapist
It is not just Troy Calvert but his father Bud Calvert. I am so sorry she endured this horrible abuse. The sad fact is that what the Calvert’s did hurt the name of Jesus and cast a shadow on Independent Baptist Churches.

Preacher Boys Podcast
Father-in-law/Pastor/Rapist
It is not just Troy Calvert but his father Bud Calvert. I am so sorry she endured this horrible abuse. The sad fact is that what the Calvert’s did hurt the name of Jesus and cast a shadow on Independent Baptist Churches.
Becky is speaking on the Podcast. Her complete statement is longer on a written document.

I have known Becky for over 40 years, and I know she never cheated on Troy. She has recently been brave enough to tell her story. If you are interested in knowing the TRUTH, listen to this podcast: Father-in-Law/Pastor/Rapist.
I listened to the entire interview. All I can say is, HEARTBREAKING for her and the way she was treated by the Calverts makes me MAD. That girl's ex & his old man should thank the Lord everyday that she didn't have a dad like me.

I had not heard the Bud story.

Last edited:
I have known Becky and her family since she was a teen. She did not cheat. She has endured YEARS of abuse at the hands of the Calverts. Listen to her podcast. Bud Calvert RAPED her.

I have known Becky and her family since she was a teen. She did not cheat. She has endured YEARS of abuse at the hands of the Calverts. Listen to her podcast. Bud Calvert RAPED her.
I have only met Becky. I believe every word she said was true. The Calvart’s need punished for the abuse. Family and Children services need to be checking on any children in the Calvart’s Home or they have had contact with.

I have only met Becky. I believe every word she said was true. The Calvart’s need punished for the abuse. Family and Children services need to be checking on any children in the Calvart’s Home or they have had contact with.
Um. Let's calm down now.

I finally read the complete article, and it was pretty awful. Assuming it's true, she endured a lot. There are hints of bitterness in it.