Capitol Connection in Washington DC........Fundies are foaming all over......

Frag,
You have a position that you cannot claim is Scriptural.

Pastor appears once in the NT, is in the plural, is part of a subset of gifts to the church, equal with "teachers", and is way down the list.

Yet you have invented a whole lifestyle over this word, ignoring the clear instructions to the church.

Your brand is under attack, so you retaliate with vitriol and venom, not realizing that God is not with you in your claims.

Why don't you get your NT out, and read it through, and tell me where the churches were instructed to appoint 1 "undershepherd" over each flock.
Or where Timothy was called "the pastor" @ a church where Paul clearly told  "the elders" , in Acts 20 that the Holy Ghost had made them (pl) overseers of the flock at Ephesus.
You have the beam in your eye on this one Sir, and are part of the major malfunction of modern Baptists.
Right on Salvation, but still wrong on church polity.

Frag said:
Bruh said:
I'm sure they all had a nice vacation.

Get on a plane next year, and actually GO to it, then tell me how much free time you had to vacation. 

Doesn't your butt ever get sore from squirming around in the seat of the scornful?

I will not be able to go but thanks for the invite. 

If I were to go 100% of the monies would come directly out of my one income home.  I do not have multiple families paying me a salary and taking from a general fund to pay for 100% of the expenses, separate from the salary they would be paying me. 

Sorry!

Frag said:
Bruh said:

Get on a plane next year, and actually GO to it, then tell me how much free time you had to vacation. 

Doesn't your butt ever get sore from squirming around in the seat of the scornful?

Here you go again, Frag.  Straight to the crass.  For someone who once challenged me through sermon to be more hospitable, your online life is in direct opposition to your position in real life.  Once more, this begs the question - what are you, really?

I know.  We jab each other on the forum and we have fun doing it.  RAIDER and I have gone rounds recently, letting each other have it.  However, neither of us just simply threw out some crass name-calling and called it done (Although, I did call him a HACker, but, then again, I'm just a HB punk).  We both presented our view and even attacked the other's positions.  You just don't seem to have the ability to defend a position with any more skill than PeeWee Herman.

In this forum, most of the posters think a pastor should care for his people and not be floating around America with known liars, engaged in publicity stunts.  The fact remains, you could meet that same individual in your local district and do the same thing without the expense and back-patting.

What's the big freaking deal? I can think of a lot worse things a pastor could be doing then praying for the nation. To suggest he is neglecting the flock because he was gone for three days isn't only a stretch... It's ridiculous. This post is stupid.

Patebald said:
What's the big freaking deal? I can think of a lot worse things a pastor could be doing then praying for the nation. To suggest he is neglecting the flock because he was gone for three days isn't only a stretch... It's ridiculous. This post is stupid.

Welcome back!  Where ya' been?

I don't have a problem with praying for the nation.  Many folks here have a problem with the lying louse that runs the thing.  He travels the country proclaiming himself to have held a position in government that he never held in order to sway people into supporting him.  I also have a problem with the attitude of several of the pastors I know who have attended.  They vaunt up the significance of this meeting to be something much greater than it actually is.  The pride issue is the problem I have.  I also find it interesting that some of the attendees have time and money for things like this, but don't have time or money for the people in their church.  I am not claiming this is true of every attendee, but it sure is of some.

Binaca Chugger said:
Frag said:
Bruh said:

Here you go again, Frag.  Straight to the crass.  For someone who once challenged me through sermon to be more hospitable, your online life is in direct opposition to your position in real life.  Once more, this begs the question - what are you, really?

I know.  We jab each other on the forum and we have fun doing it.  RAIDER and I have gone rounds recently, letting each other have it.  However, neither of us just simply threw out some crass name-calling and called it done (Although, I did call him a HACker, but, then again, I'm just a HB punk).  We both presented our view and even attacked the other's positions.  You just don't seem to have the ability to defend a position with any more skill than PeeWee Herman.

In this forum, most of the posters think a pastor should care for his people and not be floating around America with known liars, engaged in publicity stunts.  The fact remains, you could meet that same individual in your local district and do the same thing without the expense and back-patting.

This is the fighting fund forum.  There are some threads that stink like a cow pie.  This is one.  When I point it out, then I am not a good pastor.  Convenient. 

I called you out on this tread (and others) because the op was malicious, unfair, and totally uncalled for.  I have had as much fun on this forum as anyone when it comes to give and take.  But the one thing I have consistently denounced is armchair scorners who rise up in judgement upon good men who are sincerely trying to do something positive for God. 

As I said, the op and the op's amen corner exposed nothing but the bias and bitterness you hold towards IFB men.  Your "ministry" is restricted to attacking and scorning good men who are actually making an impact for Christ.  Your were wrong.  Instead of manning up and admitting it, you want to defend yourself.  Again, you were wrong.  Apologize and move on.  Or don't. 

Not interested in participating in your third grade attempt at debate....

Patebald said:

My sentiment exactly!
I just realized that, on this issue, Pate, Frag and I agree...that's a broaaaaaad philosophical spectrum!

Tarheel Baptist said:
Patebald said:

My sentiment exactly!
I just realized that, on this issue, Pate, Frag and I agree...that's a broaaaaaad philosophical spectrum!

Worlds collide, cats and dogs mate! Oh the humanity!  :D

Frag said:
This is the fighting fund forum.  There are some threads that stink like a cow pie.  This is one.  When I point it out, then I am not a good pastor.  Convenient. 

I called you out on this tread (and others) because the op was malicious, unfair, and totally uncalled for.  I have had as much fun on this forum as anyone when it comes to give and take.  But the one thing I have consistently denounced is armchair scorners who rise up in judgement upon good men who are sincerely trying to do something positive for God. 

As I said, the op and the op's amen corner exposed nothing but the bias and bitterness you hold towards IFB men.  Your "ministry" is restricted to attacking and scorning good men who are actually making an impact for Christ.  Your were wrong.  Instead of manning up and admitting it, you want to defend yourself.  Again, you were wrong.  Apologize and move on.  Or don't. 

Go back and read the OP. 
1.  Boasting themselves for saving America.  This is pride.  This is self-promotion and self-grandeurization.
2.  Praying with leader.  Fine.  No problem.
3.  Seems like a photo-op.  I agree.  They could do the same thing in their home district without the cameras and the laud.  Even if the pastors think it is not, consider it from the politician's side.  Quite likely, a politicking move - but maybe not.
4.  Hypocrisy.  Yep.  Those IFB pastors won't hold a prayer meeting or evangelistic campaign with another IFB pastor who uses the KJV for a different reason than he does, let alone hold a campaign with a SBC church.  Yet, they will hold a prayer meeting with politicians who aren't even Baptist.  Sure have experienced this one.  Conferences attacking other IFB pastors for some quibbling little difference, but allowing a politician or other influence to speak to the church who isn't even Christian.
5.  Go home bragging to their church.  Many of them did.

The OP was about the hypocrisy of these IFB to say a prayer of wisdom and continuation for the politician who can't get along with the church down the street.  Apparently, it describes you too! 

I responded that the church would be better served to spend the money on hurting families in the church, the time on counseling the people of the church while visiting the politician when they are in your local area.

You attacked because you got your feelings hurt.  Rather than defending your position by telling people what actually happened and correcting the misconceptions, you spewed forth crass insults with your apparent affection for feces.  I have been surprised by  the opposition your online life displays in comparison to the persona you project at churches.  If the guise of anonymity reveals what we really are, you are a crass, angry man, who, rather than being able to give an answer to any mans that asketh, proclaims cursings upon people (remember wiping the dust off your feet of us, only to return later?).

I actually claimed that I respected your work.  I pray for the church plants that have started out of your church.  You have lied again.  Bearing false witness is a sin.

I stand in opposition to the performance based Christianity, manipulation, pride, financial misconduct and sexual misconduct that is associated with so much of the IFB.  My ministry is to worship my God.  Along the way, I get to be a husband and father.  Anything else I do in life is just fulfillment of God's sovereign plan for my life.  Any other view is a perversion of our purpose on earth.  Here I stand, I cannot do otherwise.

IMO, the OP was what I would call on the old fff a 'Freebird Op'.
The title and content are interchangeable, but the point and purpose is simply to 'bash the fundies'.

Binaca Chugger said:
Frag said:

Go back and read the OP. 
1.  Boasting themselves for saving America.  This is pride.  This is self-promotion and self-grandeurization.
2.  Praying with leader.  Fine.  No problem.
3.  Seems like a photo-op.  I agree.  They could do the same thing in their home district without the cameras and the laud.  Even if the pastors think it is not, consider it from the politician's side.  Quite likely, a politicking move - but maybe not.
4.  Hypocrisy.  Yep.  Those IFB pastors won't hold a prayer meeting or evangelistic campaign with another IFB pastor who uses the KJV for a different reason than he does, let alone hold a campaign with a SBC church.  Yet, they will hold a prayer meeting with politicians who aren't even Baptist.  Sure have experienced this one.  Conferences attacking other IFB pastors for some quibbling little difference, but allowing a politician or other influence to speak to the church who isn't even Christian.
5.  Go home bragging to their church.  Many of them did.

The OP was about the hypocrisy of these IFB to say a prayer of wisdom and continuation for the politician who can't get along with the church down the street.  Apparently, it describes you too! 

I responded that the church would be better served to spend the money on hurting families in the church, the time on counseling the people of the church while visiting the politician when they are in your local area.

You attacked because you got your feelings hurt.  Rather than defending your position by telling people what actually happened and correcting the misconceptions, you spewed forth crass insults with your apparent affection for feces.  I have been surprised by  the opposition your online life displays in comparison to the persona you project at churches.  If the guise of anonymity reveals what we really are, you are a crass, angry man, who, rather than being able to give an answer to any mans that asketh, proclaims cursings upon people (remember wiping the dust off your feet of us, only to return later?).

I actually claimed that I respected your work.  I pray for the church plants that have started out of your church.  You have lied again.  Bearing false witness is a sin.

I stand in opposition to the performance based Christianity, manipulation, pride, financial misconduct and sexual misconduct that is associated with so much of the IFB.  My ministry is to worship my God.  Along the way, I get to be a husband and father.  Anything else I do in life is just fulfillment of God's sovereign plan for my life.  Any other view is a perversion of our purpose on earth.  Here I stand, I cannot do otherwise.

I may as well get this over with:

DOEG!!!

Ha beat you to it Frag! Neener, neener, neener. Nana booboo.

:D

I love this place!

Tarheel Baptist said:
The title and content are interchangeable, but the point and purpose is simply to 'bash the fundies'.

Yeah, so?

;)

subllibrm said:
Binaca Chugger said:

DOEG!!!

I love this place!

[headshake]

subllibrm said:

DOEG!!!

I love this place!

Refer to post #17.

Beat ya!!!!

Tarheel Baptist said:

Exquisite insight.

I shall do my best to refrain from any attempt in the future to respond to such.  Instead, I will just post a warning....

FREEBIRD OP DROPPINGS!!!

That should save everyone involved some valuable time. 

Well I see we have some Bill Grady followers in this thread. I just about fell out of my chair laughing when I saw Doeg!

Frag said:
subllibrm said:

DOEG!!!

I love this place!

Refer to post #17.

Beat ya!!!!

Nope. Chugger was definitely in need of a fresh DOEG.

;)

BamaFan said:
Well I see we have some Bill Grady followers in this thread. I just about fell out of my chair laughing when I saw Doeg!

I suffered through one torturous class of his....

...only thing I remember! 

Just John said:
So who was the guy that headed this up?

Fellow from your neck of the woods - Chuck Harding.  Care to fill these folks in?