Christmas Gift from our Pastors

BALAAM said:
I just thought, If that is what a mog is we could do with far less of them!

moog_zpspszymgoa.jpg

Tarheel Baptist said:
Tim said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Tim said:
Walt said:
Tim said:
After a 2 hour meeting I have learned basically that he is ready to move from the country church setting into a more populated area where he can perform God's "calling" in a better way. The current Church is no longer the setting appropriate to perform that calling. And that calling is basically to assist better a hurting community that needs not only the gospel, but help for poor and homeless.

I keep hearing that statement and thinking $$$.

Less populated areas need the gospel as well.

He did send me a linked in invitation already ... no mention of our current Church, just that he is building a new Church. I didn't accept.

With my pastor it is more about being a help to poor, down and out, and needy and less about preaching and teaching doctrine or theology weekly. He mentioned in the city you can open your church on cold nights to help homeless, or hand out breakfast to kids going to school ... all things you can't do easy in the country, or with our current body of believers since they are not accustom to such ministries from within the Church. He would have a fight for sure and as he said to me ... his own Church would give him freedom.

Oh well. No need to hash it out again. LOL This subject can really get we going (just ask my wife). LOL

Perhaps he should go into social work.

I believe he is convinced the Churches job is social work to share the gospel and Christ. A tun of our messages this year were on helping the poor ... some really sharp criticism of those who don't help. He has often said that if we feed people, love on people, and get them comfortable with us they will respond to the Gospel better. Thing is - the Church body has resisted this since it isn't traditional Church. And well - that only proved to him that they are stubborn and he is right. It has been a huge struggle for our Church and has created "sides" for sure.

While I might disagree with his conclusions and the motivation, maybe he is sincerely trying to follow his conscience and convictions by leaving and starting a church based on his convictions. Starting a new church in a town 20-25 miles away isn't automatically a split make. If he proceeds with integrity, perhaps both churches can prosper.

Yep. I don't fault him for following his convictions. That is why my basic statement to him, and to myself is Acts 5:39.