Cinci Reds pitcher given over to Hip Hop culture...tatts for Jesus.

Short hair and neck ties, when the gospel just isn't strong enough on its' own.

Tit meet Tat!  ;D

"Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the Lord."

Opps! Sorry. My bad. That's O.T. Scripture.

Bob H said:
"Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the Lord."

How many of your disobedient children did you have to stone  Bobby?

FWIW I am no fan of tattoos. Regardless of the question of scriptural prohibition (real or imagined) I find it troublesome that people treat the human body, that God made to His design and for His good pleasure, as a canvas for graphitti.

For the brethren here who have them, I am just sharing the thoughts that drive my ideas on the subject.

I shall now recheck the condition of my asbestos suit!  :)

subllibrm said:
FWIW I am no fan of tattoos. Regardless of the question of scriptural prohibition (real or imagined) I find it troublesome that people treat the human body, that God made to His design and for His good pleasure, as a canvas for graphitti.

For the brethren here who have them, I am just sharing the thoughts that drive my ideas on the subject.

Meh. It's no different than the daily ritual by many women of applying paint to the face to enhance or change their God-given features -- Hanging ornaments of gold or silver from their ears -- etc., etc. Tattoos aren't even permanent anymore. It's much ado about nothing.

Personally, I have the MASH philosophy when it comes to tattoos ..."why would you put a picture permanently on your body that you would never dare put on your wall?"

T-Bone said:
Personally, I have the MASH philosophy when it comes to tattoos ..."why would you put a picture permanently on your body that you would never dare put on your wall?"

Because sometimes they are personal and are used as reminders. Granted, there are thousands of unwanted tats as a result of getting drunk but many are specific which have personal meaning.

Semicolon tattoos raise awareness about mental illness

Bob H said:

Bad translation.

Think of the ink horn of Ezekial. That's s about asclose to comparison to a modern tatoo you get. It's interesting that such a mark came from God to His servants.

Bob H said:

Except for that verse about buying beer....

praise_yeshua said:
Bob H said:

Bad translation.

Think of the ink horn of Ezekial. That's s about asclose to comparison to a modern tatoo you get. It's interesting that such a mark came from God to His servants.

...as did the piercing of the ear to show he would forever be another's servant.

I don't have a tattoo on my body. But.....

I have known people that lost a child that had tatoos of them placed somewhere. I can't say a thing against it. Can't see where one dare condemn someone over such a choice.

Smellin Coffee said:
praise_yeshua said:
Bob H said:

Bad translation.

...as did the piercing of the ear to show he would forever be another's servant.

EXACTLY. I love that verse. That'll preach right there.

The pierced servant!!!!

Smellin Coffee said:
T-Bone said:

Because sometimes they are personal and are used as reminders. Granted, there are thousands of unwanted tats as a result of getting drunk but many are specific which have personal meaning.

Semicolon tattoos raise awareness about mental illness

I have no problem with those who choose to...that's just my philosophy

tumblr_nstrbfMLWa1s59098o1_540.png

"Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name." Rev. 3:12

I'll wait for this one.

freelance_christian said:
subllibrm said:

Meh. It's no different than the daily ritual by many women of applying paint to the face to enhance or change their God-given features -- Hanging ornaments of gold or silver from their ears -- etc., etc. Tattoos aren't even permanent anymore. It's much ado about nothing.

Actually it is different. Tint on your skin versus ink in your skin.

That said not a fan of "painted ladies" either. Or boob jobs. Or collagen shots. Or hair dye. Or ....

The promotion of inking seems to go hand in hand with the selfie generation's obsession with all things narcissistic.  Not a very good mind-set for Christians if ya ask me.  I thought the freebird mantra regarding adorning ourselves was that our "modesty" demands that it ought to be with good works, and not the outward fashioning of stuff on our bodies.

Narcissism isn't something new to the selfie generation, whatever that is.