college softball world series...

aleshanee

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
it;s all happening right now.... ..in fact .. for the past several weeks so many regional games have been on at the same time
we have had a hard time keeping up with them all.... . we have been watching them on multiple tvs and split screens.......
but at least now all the games are being played one at a time.. but they are being played continuously one after the other....

so....... not much else going on for me..... ..have had no time for internet surfing or any other kind of surfing ..... no time for
cooking either.... .. we have been ordering food out... or sending out for it.... eating a lot of pizza..... ..so while the softball
players were no doubt eating healthy and hitting the gym to get ready for these match ups... .. we will have to start eating
right again and hitting the gym to recover from watching them........ ....

is anybody else a college softball fan?.....

is anybody else a college softball fan?.....
I love baseball, but limit my viewing habits to professional baseball primarily, bit admit that I really enjoy watching highlights of the women's college softball games. The field dimensions make the "bang-bang" plays, like double plays, especially those made from outfielders doubling up runners who get caught off base(s).

Um, yes, my daughter played on a Division III team that had won a national championship a few years before her time. I spent 4 years watching games all spring.

one of my room mates played division 1.... she plans her vacations around the tournaments and championships just so she can watch them.. ... and she is also why we have multiple tv channels for college sports conferences.... i go with her to a few of the university of hawaii games each year..... she got me hooked on watching softball and also international rugby.... both mens and womens divisions and both 15s and 7s games..... we have all the channels required to keep up with that too... ....

I love baseball, but limit my viewing habits to professional baseball primarily, bit admit that I really enjoy watching highlights of the women's college softball games. The field dimensions make the "bang-bang" plays, like double plays, especially those made from outfielders doubling up runners who get caught off base(s).

i have never really been a baseball fan..... but i was a huge oakland raider football fan since childhood... ...but then lost interest in all pro sports when woke politics crept into it.... ..i even wrote a satire post last year calling for defunding and abolishing the NFL.... ..... i;m not sure how it is with other college sports but college softball is more popular right now than it has ever been.... games are selling out and more games are being televised.... ....i think it;s largely because people have become fed up with the attitudes of the spoiled and overpaid pro athletes.... . and just want to see athletes compete in something for the love of the game again..... ..

one of my room mates played division 1.... she plans her vacations around the tournaments and championships just so she can watch them.. ... and she is also why we have multiple tv channels for college sports conferences.... i go with her to a few of the university of hawaii games each year..... she got me hooked on watching softball and also international rugby.... both mens and womens divisions and both 15s and 7s games..... we have all the channels required to keep up with that too... ....

i have never really been a baseball fan..... but i was a huge oakland raider football fan since childhood... ...but then lost interest in all pro sports when woke politics crept into it.... ..i even wrote a satire post last year calling for defunding and abolishing the NFL.... ..... i;m not sure how it is with other college sports but college softball is more popular right now than it has ever been.... games are selling out and more games are being televised.... ....i think it;s largely because people have become fed up with the attitudes of the spoiled and overpaid pro athletes.... . and just want to see athletes compete in something for the love of the game again..... ..
I also quit watching all sports when teams and players started to become social justice warriors.

last night the texas longhorns defeated oklahoma state in 2 games played to back..
..and had to come back from a 5 to zero defecit in the second game... ... now texas
will face the oklahoma university sooners tomorrow in the first game of the womens
college world series championship...... .. .it will be like the classic red river rivalry
games between OU and Texas football only this time it;s womens softball....

Last edited:
so... last night... the university of texas longhorns got completely humiliated by
oklahoma university sooners in game 1 of the womens college world series..... .
...the game played out like a practice session for oklahoma where a few willing
volunteers dressed in stripes, tossed some balls up for oklahoma batters to hit out
of the park..... (seriously.. it was that bad)... ....there were some intersting
moments though... . very intersting for oklahoma fans.... and if you missed it
- i posted a highlight video down below.....

tonight is game 2 and the last chance for texas.... ...if they don;t pull off a win
tonight there will be no game 3.. the oklahoma sooners will be crowned the world
champions of ncaa softball...... the game starts in about an hour on espn2.. ..
. 01:30 pm hawaii time..... .

well.... as everyone other than texas fans (or even us dedicated oklahoma anti-fans)....
expected or even wanted.... texas lost to oklahoma by a score that did not reflect how
close the game actually was... it was hard to tell at one point.. at least for me... who
was trying to score the final winning points for oklahoma .... the sooner softball players
or their umpires.... i followed other teams a lot more closely this year than i did texas..
in truth i just wanted someone to be able to be able to beat the much ballyhood.... over-
glamourized... and extremely arrogant "boomer sooners".... and i still believe thay if other
college teams coaches were given the money and resources to trot around the country like
the oklahoma coach does, recruiting and luring the best players from all the other teams in
college to come play for them instead... then another teams would beat them... and would
beat them soundly.... but after seeing the true class and sportsmanship displayed by texas
and their coach... and especially considering the lack of any sportsmanship or class shown
by oklahoma...
i think i just became a texas longhorn fan... and will be watching them next
year as well the other teams i already keep up with....

In case you missed the video. The Oklahoma softball team celebrated their 2022 National Championship win singing “Nobody but Jesus” by Casting Crowns on the field after the game.

In case you missed the video. The Oklahoma softball team celebrated their 2022 National Championship win singing “Nobody but Jesus” by Casting Crowns on the field after the game.

no.... i didn;t see that.... and i;m not really a casting crowns fan... but after witnessing oklahomas displays of poor sportsmanship both durring and immediately after the game, i would not have not have been impressed with them if they stood together and sang the old rugged cross, or turn your eyes upon Jesus.... ...i would have simply viewed it as an attempt on their part to sing Jesus in as an accomplice to their bad attitudes and abusive behavior....

It was a good series. Now on to the College Baseball World Series in Omaha!

i;ll probably watch some of it.... we get the baseball games from the same college networks that bring us the softball games..... pac-10... pac-12... acc and sec..... but i won;t get into watching them the same way i stayed glued to the tv during the softball regionals and final series.... ...... i have to get back to doing all the things i abandoned over the past several weeks.... ..we ordered so much pizza and other take outs my family and the rest of the household is sick of it.. .. they are ready for me to start planning and cooking the meals again.... among all the other things i do around here.... :cool: .... it might just be my vanity or imagination but i think i detected an increase in appreciation for me on their part after going the past few weeks eating junk food... ;)....

at this very moment 2 of my favorite softball teams are playing each other..🥎..... florida state and clemson..... and playing in the rain.... live on ESPN2 ..... ...... .awesome!.... ...both teams are considered contenders for the college softball world series this year ... ...i am kinda leaning towards wanting the florida states seminoles to win... but i won;t be totally dosappointed either if clemson wins....... can;t really lose on this one.....:cool:

College softball is very fun to watch. I am always amazed at the underhand fast pitch. The slow wind-up then all of a sudden an explosive delivery. The Crack of the bat hitting the ball is particularly satisfying too.

College softball is very fun to watch. I am always amazed at the underhand fast pitch. The slow wind-up then all of a sudden an explosive delivery. The Crack of the bat hitting the ball is particularly satisfying too.
:cool: this was an awesome game... .. very close score.. and it could have gone either way right up to the last moment.... ...florida state ended up winning and swept the series of 3 games.... .. ..and i did feel a little bad for clemson at the end... .they put up a very hard fight.... ..but the game went almost an hour over it;s alloted time so dinner was a little bit late tonight... ...there is a tv screen in the kitchen but i kept stopping just to watch coz i didn;t want to miss anything.... :)... ..also didn;t want to accidently chop off a finger cutting up vegetables with my eyes on the tv instead of the cutting board.... 😮

Last edited:
Clemson’s coach also got booted out…that probably didn’t help matters, but congrats to FSU.

Clemson’s coach also got booted out…that probably didn’t help matters, but congrats to FSU.
yep... it was the pitching coach..... right behind the home plate a group of fans
were loudly criticizing and heckling every call the umpire made... so the umpire
was probably already irritated.... but when the pitching coach came storming
out of the dugout that was all it took.... ..there was a lot of noise coming from
the clemson dugout both before and after that... valerie cagle who is normally
an ace pitcher was having an abnormally bad day... and in the plays after that
incident you can see the clemson catcher trying to wave another one of the
coaches back as he was about to go towards the umpire too..... ....

florida made a lot of errors in the first part of the game... they seemed frozen
with the rain... floridas devin flaherty even dislocated her shoulder sliding head
first back into 2nd base - which took a key player out of the game..... but it
was a critical mistake by clemson batter mackenzie clark that sealed clemsons
loss.. she attempted to take second base on a bobble by the florida state fielder
and was thrown out for the 3rd out in the 7th.... there is a good chance that had
she stayed at first cagle would have been able to bat her in and at least tie the
game..... .. but that was it..... great game to watch... but obviously a hard
one on the players from both sides.....

Last edited:
OU sooners and LSU tigers playing live right now on ESPN2....🥎. ...everybody else is working today.... so it;s just me and my dad watching with a ton of snacks and beverages all around us.... :)... (well.... i also have my laptop which i;m posting on and which he wants me to put away....) ..... but could this be a preview of the 2023 college softball world series?.... only time will tell...:cool:

Last edited:
my favorite team to make it to the college softball world series this year......
..the florida state seminoles.... .

this was a really good game played a few days ago... but was it only coincidence
that that the duke blue devils and the umpires were wearing the same colors?...
i have my doubts... some really strange things happened in this game regarding
umpire calls.. and it became obvious the umpires were favoring duke... but florida
state won anyway in the last inning.... :cool:

I looked at the video this morning. Very impressive defense on both sides.

This evening, we've pulled the camper to Troy, ID (where Mrs. abcaines and I graduated from high school in 1982) and are staying at the RV park in town. As we were settling into camp, a huge commotion came down the hill into town: ambulances, police, fire trucks, all sirens wailing. In the middle of the commotion was a district school bus, its crossing lights flashing. I figured it was some tournament championship... a bit later, a couple ladies walking the trail by the park told me it was the softball team. After watching your video this morning, I thought it was a neat way to start the weekend.

I looked at the video this morning. Very impressive defense on both sides.

This evening, we've pulled the camper to Troy, ID (where Mrs. abcaines and I graduated from high school in 1982) and are staying at the RV park in town. As we were settling into camp, a huge commotion came down the hill into town: ambulances, police, fire trucks, all sirens wailing. In the middle of the commotion was a district school bus, its crossing lights flashing. I figured it was some tournament championship... a bit later, a couple ladies walking the trail by the park told me it was the softball team. After watching your video this morning, I thought it was a neat way to start the weekend.
that;s pretty awesome... i have never seen anything like that done for a sports team before.... ....there have been some really good games this year.. and more people are taking an interest in it - more games are starting to sell out..... our university of hawaii softball games have always had a big following, but not the kind of interest or attention like what you saw..... .. the college football team and even the volleyball teams draw much bigger crowds and get most of the news coverage too... ... hopefully that will change.. :cool:

Last edited: