college softball world series...

here are the 2 game i was following most closely today... watching
both at the same time on a split screen.... both my favorite teams
won - :) ..florida state and clemson....

here is highlights of clemson vrs auburn....

florida state seminoles vrs ucf knights... fans waited in line from 8 am
to purchase tickets for this game. the game started at 1 pm florida time
..and ended about an hour ago

right now we are watching the texas longhorns play the texas a&m aggies
..but not on a split screen... ..my personal texan who is watching it with
me, finds the split screen 2 games at once experience difficult to handle..
* edit.... longhorns won..... so now we are back to split screens with
washington vrs mcneese on one... and harvard vrs notre dame on the
other.... softball overload all day long... . but we love it... :D

Last edited:
just in case anyone is curious.... liberty flames playing ucla bruins - live on espn-2 at this moment
... that game just started a few minutes ago....

isn;t liberty the falwell college?..... their softball team has done really well this year.... they beat

clemson earlier this season to help earn their way into these final matches.....

Last edited:
isn;t liberty the falwell college?..... their softball team has done really well this year.... they beat
clemson earlier this season to help earn their way into these final matches.
Liberty is excelling at a lot of sports nowadays. They’ve had one of the top ranked football and basketball teams as well. I guess it’s probably the only thing Falwell Jr. did productively in his time at LU.

here are the 2 game i was following most closely today... watching
both at the same time on a split screen.... both my favorite teams
won - :) ..florida state and clemson....

here is highlights of clemson vrs auburn....

florida state seminoles vrs ucf knights... fans waited in line from 8 am
to purchase tickets for this game. the game started at 1 pm florida time
..and ended about an hour ago

right now we are watching the texas longhorns play the texas a&m aggies
..but not on a split screen... ..my personal texan who is watching it with
me, finds the split screen 2 games at once experience difficult to handle..
* edit.... longhorns won..... so now we are back to split screens with
washington vrs mcneese on one... and harvard vrs notre dame on the

other.... softball overload all day long... . but we love it... :D
I watched the Clemson/Auburn contest earlier, at least until it got out of hand later in the game.

Liberty is excelling at a lot of sports nowadays. They’ve had one of the top ranked football and basketball teams as well. I guess it’s probably the only thing Falwell Jr. did productively in his time at LU.
I watched the Clemson/Auburn contest earlier, at least until it got out of hand later in the game.
liberty defeated ucla... 😲.. ....and a lot of people in southern california are in a
state of shock.... including my room mate here in hawaii... who had ucla picked

to beat oklahoma this year......

right now liberty leads grand canyon 3 to 0 in the second double elimination game..
..it;s live now on espn-u... if they win this one they play san diego state tomorrow... .
but if they lose they are done for the season... and then even if they win tomorrow

they will have to beat san diego twice to move on - since they already lost to san
diego once... but nobody is making any predictions now on any of this now.... 🙃

Last edited:
first game of the super regionals live now on ESPN2... 🥎..... florida state seminoles vrs the georgia bull dogs... ..it will be game after game from here through sunday.... 🤪..... but all the snacks are ready so we are good to go....😎

NAIA World Series kicks off tomorrow morning in Lewiston ID. One of my morning pick-ups is a couple blocks from Harris Field where the games are to be played. I usually drive right past Harris Field to the pick-up. Starting tomorrow, I'll want to take a different route into the neighborhood since the kid's pick-up time is 10 minutes before the first game.

NAIA World Series kicks off tomorrow morning in Lewiston ID. One of my morning pick-ups is a couple blocks from Harris Field where the games are to be played. I usually drive right past Harris Field to the pick-up. Starting tomorrow, I'll want to take a different route into the neighborhood since the kid's pick-up time is 10 minutes before the first game.
on most parts of this islands there is only one main road and out.... and no way to get around it..... so it;s a traffic nightmare any time a school has a sports event... . especially when it;s the university of hawaii.... ....

on most parts of this islands there is only one main road and out.... and no way to get around it..... so it;s a traffic nightmare any time a school has a sports event... . especially when it;s the university of hawaii.... ....
Y'all have my sympathy.

starts in about 30 minutes.. ..8 am our time..... . we will all be glued to the tv pulling for clemson.. .... and then later this afternoon for the second florida state - georgia game... ..i heard them say that one was starting at 8 too and it had me worried they were going to play both games at the same time.... but then i realized they meant 8 pm east coast time for the florida state game.. which is 2 in the afternoon our time.... perfect...:cool:

Last edited:
I’ll actually be in Clemson about a week from now!
hopefully they will still be in the finals.... but by then the contests will all be in oklahoma city for the college softball world series... . the ultimate softball final... if they win today and tomorrow they will have a very good chance of making it... .

We're watching. Boss gave me the afternoon off.
awesome..... my brother in law ..(who i nicknamed sub-boy years ago)... was not so fortunate.... he;s a big clemson fan - but this morning at 5 am he got on his motorcycle and headed for pearl harbor... .....i almost felt sorry for him...:confused:.. .. almost... ;)

Y'all have my sympathy.
that;s not even the worse thing.... being isolated in the middle of the pacific means there is no power grid connecting us to other cities power generators.... i didn;t understand the significance of that or even know what it meant until we had an earthquake a few years ago that knocked down just enough generators to cause an island wide power outage..... the power was down for about 18 hours while they got them fixed with parts flown in from the mainland on emergency flights.... ...

i had never seen the city or the island so dark.... ..car headlights on the roads was the only lights there were..... even most of the buildings like ours that have emergency generators, went dark a few hours into it as their generators ran out of fuel..... ....once i got home that day i stayed home.... no matter what your plans might have been - climbing 39 flights of stairs in the dark with a flashlight, to get to your apartment tends to make you cancel plans and be a homebody for the duration.... ... but i think all the plans like i had got cancelled that day anyway.... on the bright side we rediscovered the radio... and thankfully had enough batteries for it....

Middle of the Pacific and no light. I hope the sky was clear. That night sky must have be BEAUTIFUL!
there were clouds over the mountains.. (as usual). .. but the open part of the sky was beautiful.... that was another bright side of the total power outage..... but still not as nice as what i remember from being out at sea at night when the sky was clear..... i guess the light polution from just the car headlights alone..which then reflect off the streets and buildings... affected it some.....

.....i have only limited memories of being at my navajo grandmothers house in arizona... but one of those memories is how the sky looked at night and that was by far the most awesome night sky i ever saw even to today.... there was nothing else around her house for miles and no lights anywhere except right there at the house....

but this reminds me of something else about that night that was a little unsettling.... . with all the airconditioners and electric machinery shut down in the city....it was unusually quiet..... and with everybodys windows open - we could hear people taking in other buildings that we don;t otherwise hear....:oops: ..we got kinda quiet ourselves after hearing that... ..it was weird....🤐

clemson had a moment when things looked good... they loaded the bases after 3 oklahoma bobbles.. ..but then couldn;t score..... oklahama came back in the 5th - loaded the bases themselves... and got a grand slam off valerie cagle... . the coach replaced her with millie thompson who just now gave up a homerun on the first pitch.... :confused: .... okla is one run away from a run rule victory.....

there are a handful of softball teams i am a fan of.... i always like to see them win.... but when it comes to oklahoma sooners i;m an anti-fan... i enjoy seeing them lose....... is that evil of me?...it is a sin?.... ... i don;t know.... but i get the feeling if i was a catholic i would need to mention it in confession..... oh well...... there is stil hope okla will lose tomorrow.... :sneaky:

Last edited: