Coming out as an Agnostic

Route_70 said:
You are confused.  In the worldview of the God of the Bible, the murder of babies is okay.  That would be YOUR worldview; not mine.
Yes,  and I can justify that, it's called "justice". God judges sinners. and if you don't remember, there is something called "total depravity". man is doomed from birth from the sin of Adam. every breath that a person breathes is a gift from God and that he deserves death and hell for his rebellion agaonst Him.

Route_70 said:
Obviously, I do not share the worldview of the God of the Bible.  Your logic is confused and absurd.
You have rejected God?  then you reject morals and ethics, hence you have no idea what good and evil are with out God. and you have no reason to complain about anything
You reject God? you have given up logic and reason and have no justification to claim what is absurd or confusing. those things dont exist outside of God. you are looking for an 'ought' from things that just "are"

Recovering IFB said:
man is doomed from birth from the sin of Adam ... he deserves death and hell for his rebellion agaonst Him.

6a00e5503379c68834014e86451eb7970d-pi

Route_70 said:
Recovering IFB said:
man is doomed from birth from the sin of Adam ... he deserves death and hell for his rebellion agaonst Him.

6a00e5503379c68834014e86451eb7970d-pi

I think you?re overreacting to his misspelling of against.

Route_70 said:
Your belief in God is subjective.  You have no objective basis for believing on God.  If your belief in God is based solely on the Bible, and if you believe in and worship and base your morality on the God of the Bible, then you believe it is okay to murder babies.

I know you are but what am I?

Pee-wee Hermaneutics aside, you apparently miss the point.  Whatever subjectivity I personally hold on whatever ideology I espouse is immaterial to the irrefutable point that if morals and ethics are a construct of the human mind then they are arbitrary and whimsical.  And at the root of that reality is that your pronunciation of what is right and/or wrong is merely an expressed preference of your own making.  On the other hand, if God is real then it gives a basis of morality grounded in His being, and transcends any humanly contrived opinion, including your opinion of His commands to eliminate whole people groups who relentlessly attacked and murdered His chosen people.

ALAYMAN said:
if God is real then it gives a basis of morality grounded in His being, and transcends any humanly contrived opinion, including your opinion of His commands to eliminate whole people groups who relentlessly attacked and murdered His chosen people.

The citizens of Jericho and Ai, just to start, were attacked and sacked by the Children of Israel for just being in the way.  Nevertheless, you can never justify the murder of babies.

Your assertion that "if God is real then it gives a basis of morality" is a subjective statement.  Who is to say that God is not inherently evil?  It should be obvious from just a cursory reading of the scriptures, that God is anything but "Love."

Why is killing babies wrong in your worldview?
Where do you get a concept of good and evil outside of God? If you claim there is no God, then things are just are them, so why are you complaining?

Recovering IFB said:
Why is killing babies wrong in your worldview?

Why is killing babies right in God's worldview?

Recovering IFB said:
Where do you get a concept of good and evil outside of God?

I et my concept of good and evil from God.

If God says do it, it is evil.

Route_70 said:
If God says do it, it is evil.

There is a limit. Your answer is smarmy, without honesty and downright blasphemous.

You are going to take a one month break.

It is truly apparent he is at war with his Creator. The sad part is he does know the truth and he knows he is wrong, yet will not repent. It is really sad.

Judgment is greater for those who knew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jo said:
I have met many people who's lives were changed when they received salvation, but I've never met an atheist whose life was changed for the better because of his belief. The fact that man searches and longs to be loved and share love shows me that we have souls. At the present moment, I'm overhearing 2 young men at a restaurant discussing their souls. They are discussing how to become better husbands and fathers. Wonder where that desire comes from.

A very good point. I wonder if one prefers atheism as a clock for certain sins.

Atheism is the perfect cloak for all sins because it doesn't matter what your own conscience condemns you of ......

there is no one to answer to for it if you do sin :)

So to quote HRC . " what difference does it make "