Congratulations

Oh wow so a family can leave whbc and still serve God unlike that narrative many times lobbied against those that leave.

JustABigKid said:
Oh wow so a family can leave whbc and still serve God unlike that narrative many times lobbied against those that leave.

Especially what is lobbied against them who dare approach the king himself as Bill did.

Although I could name many staff who have left the compound, only to be crucified as backslidden heretics by the leadrership there, who have gone on to serve the King of Kings and never missed a beat.

Also many members who have left and also were ripped a new one from Vineyard and the gang only to move on and serve our Lord faithfully in other churches.  Fact is their kids have turned out 10,000 times better than the Vineyard boys have!!!

Fantastic!  Good for the Legeres!

A reputable source told me that Guy Kelley was fired from OBC years ago. Can anyone verify? I learned some things from him...but mostly things that I do not wish to follow. I am in the ministry today, even though this man shook my faith when I was a young Christian. Heritage is in for a big surprise. No one called me for a reference!

ExFundy said:
A reputable source told me that Guy Kelley was fired from OBC years ago. Can anyone verify? I learned some things from him...but mostly things that I do not wish to follow. I am in the ministry today, even though this man shook my faith when I was a young Christian. Heritage is in for a big surprise. No one called me for a reference!

How long ago is "years ago"?  Obviously from what you said above you were not there to know.

What Guy was "years ago" is most likely not what he is today.

I hope he has grown in the Word. I Thessalonians 2:7                                    This information came from former staff, who left on good terms.                                                        Don't wish to hurt his reputation if he has truly changed. I acknowledge that I  haven't seen his behavior in a while. Maybe you could give me proof that he has changed. 

ExFundy said:
I hope he has grown in the Word. I Thessalonians 2:7                                    This information came from former staff, who left on good terms.                                                        Don't wish to hurt his reputation if he has truly changed. I acknowledge that I  haven't seen his behavior in a while. Maybe you could give me proof that he has changed.

Well he left about 8 years ago on his own accord.  He was not fired.  He left around the same time that several staff men and their families also left.  Unfortunately only one of those men were spoken well of by Vineyard and the others were all crucified in typical Vineyard fashion. None of them were fired. All left on their own accord as they saw the corruption of the Vineyard machine and got out.

Now Kelly was at WHBC in the mid 80's also as a student at OBC and Vineyard brought him back as a staffer in the mid 90's with Bro Elliott also.  So the question is which time frame are you referring to for him guiding you poorly and shaking your faith?

And is that also why you are an ExFundy?

My personal testimony was used for evidence in the firing of several staff members, including guy Kelley. By the way I'm an independent baptist pastor just not a fundamentalist. Please study the history of the fundamentalist movement. What gives Christians the right to say some doctrines are more important than others?

2014-03-babyconfess-5.png

ExFundy said:
My personal testimony was used for evidence in the firing of several staff members, including guy Kelley. By the way I'm an independent baptist pastor just not a fundamentalist. Please study the history of the fundamentalist movement. What gives Christians the right to say some doctrines are more important than others?

Huh????  You said a former staffer told you Bro Kelly was fired and now it was your pesonal testimony that was used as evidence?  hmmmmmmm

And you ask, "What gives Christians the right to say some doctrines are more important than others?"  and you claim to be an Independent Baptist pastor.  Claiming that you are a Baptist identifies you with the Baptist Disticntives and the Fundamentals of the faith.  What gives Baptist the right to call them Baptist Disctinctives as if only Baptist believe them?  Are not Baptist then implying that they (Baptist Distinctives) are more important then others?

But all that aside, welcome to the FFF.  Glad to have another point of view.

The former staff used my testimony when Tom vineyard asked about certain staff. He was probably already looking for a reason to fire them but my testimony was certainly used. Baptist had distinctives long before the fundamentalist movement started. Not an opinion, it's called church history.

ExFundy said:
The former staff used my testimony when Tom vineyard asked about certain staff. He was probably already looking for a reason to fire them but my testimony was certainly used. Baptist had distinctives long before the fundamentalist movement started. Not an opinion, it's called church history.

I agree with Citadel of Truth

2014-03-babyconfess-5.png

Jesus never wore a tie
Had a beard
Taught twelve
Didn't run a bus route

I wonder how many fundamentalist would let Jesus preach in their pulpit?

ExFundy said:

Welcome, and you are correct the Baptist Distinctives were used by Baptists long before the Fundamentalist Movement began in the early 1900s.

ExFundy said:
Jesus never wore a tie
Had a beard
Taught twelve
Didn't run a bus route

Don't be so sure about that no bus rout thingy as the KJV says the disciples had a Honda in Acts 2:1  ;)  ;)

It's kind of hard to confirm or deny your claim since no information has been given about the circumstances of the firing by you and since this is an anonymous forum we don't know who you are.

I can say from my personal experience Bro. Kelly left on his own terms. He was given a lot of grief for it as do most people that leave there without permission from a "vineyard."

That is my opinion for what it is worth.

ExFundy said:
Jesus...Taught twelve
"On the same day Jesus went out of the house and sat by the sea. And great multitudes were gathered together to Him, so that He got into a boat and sat; and the whole multitude stood on the shore. Then He spoke many things to them in parables..." (Matthew 13:1-3)

Didn't run a bus route
"Then the master said to the servant, 'Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled." (Luke 14:23)

Not many, I'm afraid.