Congratulations

Just me, I'm not finished.  ;) Did colonel Kelly really think everyone who left OBC would be a washout?
  let me a tell you a true story. There was a kid that grew up having a long heritage of Windsor hills and the OBC way. This kid was saved at the age of seven. (Praise The Lord) Knew God was calling him to preach at the age of eleven. He was filling the pulpit for a small church at the age of sixteen.
    While on a family vacation this young man and his family visited an independent Baptist church.(This church also had a Bible college) This young man was amazed at the spirit of the service. He would later talk to his parents about attending this college. He was torn because his parents wanted him to attend OBC, probably because his parents were there from the beginning. looking back this eighteen year old was confused about honoring his parents and following Christ. He chose OBC.
    This young preacher boy tried his best to follow the rules and was never called into anyone's office for anything. Though he did earn a few demerits. For example Leaving socks under bed will earn you three demerits from bro Fisk. Lol. So i am not trying to turn this kid into the apostle Paul. We all have our faults.
      It was quite obvious there was a culture of humiliation and abrasiveness(this is being merciful) among many of the staff.
                          Example 1 Scott Crabtree: told him to come before the class and lie on the floor. He proceeded to take his shoes off. After telling him to place his face on the floor Crabtree put his foot on his head, putting some weight on him. The reason? Illustrating an event in history.
                          Example 2 guy Kelly :Humiliated him for not continuing while being physically injured.( can't go into details for privacy reasons.)
                          Example 3 bob Ross: during a chapel service he called out the name of a college student and told him to stand. He asked him,"are you going to leave"? Making him promise in front of everyone that he was not leaving.
      He left, transferring his credits to the college Previously visited while on family vacation. This was a great move,  they could study the Word of God without the constant barrage of personal attacks. After graduating this preacher was ordained into the ministry.
      He would become a missionary and on deputation travel america meeting many wonderful Pastors and their churches. He has traveled extensively through Arkansas. Many, Many churches taking him on for support. He even visited Heritage.( very large auditorium) He has a God blessed family(undeserving) and is currently blessed to be able to pastor some very sweet people.  This is exfundys life's story.
      To summarize my recent post and this one. I have not kept up with the day to day events of Windsor hills until recently. An acquaintance of mine (while at college)became a staff member at whbc. Tom vineyard asked their opinion of guy Kelley and Scott. ( could have been others). I've already posted the story. I know nothing bad personally about other staff. I'm not the only one who attended there, many have probably experienced worse treatment from james vineyard on down. I just don't see how staff can hurt so many people and one day be qualified to pastor churches, Namely Ross and guy. I would recommend first apologizing publicly to all those they hurt. . I simply don't wish to see unaware Christians be hurt as we'll.Now I'm finished.

Face it ExFundy, you were not the first with a testimony like that about WHBC/OBC nor the last.  It was common place.  That is just one of the many reasons the place needs to close down and be gone forever.

Congratulations on going forward and not letting the time there ruin you or your faith.

ExFundy said:
How many messages did guy Kelly preach against quitters in homiletics? He required all of us to preach a message entitled something along the lines of "why I won't quit OBC"? After we preached our sermons he collected them. Semesters later after I transferred colleges,captain Kelly mailed my sermon to my parents residence. I wonder if I should send my sermon to his father in law, who recently joined heritage.
The best he can say now is,"I quit". Sure beats being fired. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

By the way ExFundy it was not just Kelly who had the preacher boys do the "Why I won't quit" message.  It has been part of Homiletics for a long time.

AND the teacher of the class told every preacher boy there that if they quit they would send a copy of their message to whomever they deeemed appropriate.  So Bro Kelly was just keeping his word to ya

There are plenty of former WHBS/OBC staff who not only did Jimmy and Tommy's bidding and hurt God's people,  but also there own bidding and hurt God's people.  The same ones who are now bashing Vineyards need to get on their knees before God and man, and repent of hurtful,  ungodly behaviors while in positions of trusted authority.  Hypocrites.  And I'd bet some of them are here on this forum!

Multiple choice
Which sermon did guy Kelly preach first at heritage.

1. If you quit, your going to Hell
2  If you don't get saved it I will send you there
3. If you disagree with me, I will have my bodyguards Caleb and don throw you out

ExFundy said:
Multiple choice
Which sermon did guy Kelly preach first at heritage.

1. If you quit, your going to Hell
2  If you don't get saved it I will send you there
3. If you disagree with me, I will have my bodyguards Caleb and don throw you out

Do not know what he preached first but there is this on the churches web page from when he first arrived.

https://heritagebaptistlittlerock.wordpress.com/2015/01/03/if-you-were-allowed-to-write-a-letter-to-those-hurting-what-would-you-write/

Might give an idea into his heart

The bible places a lot of church responsibility on the pastor. Church members follow the example of the pastor. It is possible that guy Kelly found a wise pastor to learn from after whbc. If he has changed I would recommend to walk humbly as pastor at heritage. There may be others that are less merciful towards guy. The way we react to personal attacks will show our heart. If we are living pleasing to Lord we should not have to waste a lot of time destroying the character of those people who have been truly hurt by guy. ( I am telling the truth about guy being fired) He can overcome this by his example at heritage.
  I wish him well and hope for success at heritage.

ExFundy said:
The bible places a lot of church responsibility on the pastor. Church members follow the example of the pastor. It is possible that guy Kelly found a wise pastor to learn from after whbc. If he has changed I would recommend to walk humbly as pastor at heritage. There may be others that are less merciful towards guy. The way we react to personal attacks will show our heart. If we are living pleasing to Lord we should not have to waste a lot of time destroying the character of those people who have been truly hurt by guy. ( I am telling the truth about guy being fired) He can overcome this by his example at heritage.
  I wish him well and hope for success at heritage.

You are telling only what you have heard second hand.  He was not fired but it really does not matter.  We will see how he goes forward from here now won't we

ExFundy said:
"The bible places a lot of church responsibility on the pastor. Church members follow the example of the pastor."

Lol@ this non-biblical pair of statements.

I do agree with your understanding of Fundy vs. Baptist, and I concur, adding that the Fundy movement was Protestant in origin, hence dripping with the stench of Rome.

God has revealed this to you, so I trust that He will also reveal the truth about church leadership in due time.

To all the IB out there, I say let's help get the F out of IFB.