Could Jack Schaap ever be "used" again..if so, at what capacity?

Castor Muscular said:
Doorstop?

LOL!

A layman. Schaap should be a layman, with no visible leadership position at all.

Why do so many IFBxers think being "just a layman" means not being used of God?

Something behind the scenes, such as helping set up for the church dinner, raking leaves or mowing the church yard works of compassion.  Perhaps,in time, if he has learned humility God might use him in a different direcction - or maybe not.  He needs to learn to be a "servant" of the Lord to start with.

Of course he can be used again. If he is still breathing God can use him. But he shouldn't ever be allowed anywhere near a pulpit again. Period. God uses lots of people in many wonderful ways who don't preach. He needs to join those ranks.

I question the use of 'again' in the OP.
It makes a questionable assumption....

Tom Brennan said:
Of course he can be used again. If he is still breathing God can use him. But he shouldn't ever be allowed anywhere near a pulpit again. Period. God uses lots of people in many wonderful ways who don't preach. He needs to join those ranks.

Kinda like your friend, pastor marty, wouldn't you agree?

If/when dr. Saaaaap gets out of prison, I don't believe he will be interested in getting back into the "ministry".  Didn't work out too well for him the first time. :)

My car could stand a good cleaning

Holy Mole said:
Your thoughts....

The question king of assumes God was using him the first time, doesn't it?  Considering how far astray he was leading the sheep with his kinky theology, I find that assumption highly dubious.

I personally would not want to see Schaap without two hundred yards of any position in the church which required a modicum of trust or proximity to minors.  He has squandered those opportunities. So if by "used" you mean "serve in some capacity within the church," there probably isn't much of a place for him anymore.  That's his own doing.

Frankly, some people just need to be sat down at the back of the church, and told to listen and learn, until they show the fruits of repentance.

Ransom said:
Holy Mole said:
Your thoughts....

Frankly, some people just need to be sat down at the back of the church, and told to listen and learn, until they show the fruits of repentance.

Either that or they could move several states away (say like from New York to Florida) and take a position in a church led by a pastor who clearly doesn't care about repentance and be put incharge of a youth ministry or something, then he could start a radio program and spout all sorts of hypocrisy about other faithful pastors and stick his nose into the business of his former church...no wait, that is to far fetched to ever really happen....nevermind! :eek:

T-Bone said:
Either that or they could move several states away (say like from New York to Florida) and take a position in a church led by a pastor who clearly doesn't care about repentance and be put incharge of a youth ministry or something, then he could start a radio program and spout all sorts of hypocrisy about other faithful pastors and stick his nose into the business of his former church...no wait, that is to far fetched to ever really happen....nevermind! :eek:

If someone ever did do something like that, the IRS would certainly be snooping into their "ministry".  ;D

subllibrm said:
T-Bone said:

If someone ever did do something like that, the IRS would certainly be snooping into their "ministry".  ;D

ROFL---that and into his vast national radio program...I am betting this kind of person has Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity shaking in their boots!

bruinboy said:

No. I wouldn't agree. What those two did is leagues apart. I don't think Marty should pastor again, and I think he got back into the ministry too soon, but I have no problem with a man who commits adultery at some point beginning to preach again, all other things being equal. JS, OTOH, took full advantage of an impressionable teenager, and then wrote her letters telling her she was doing God's will. JS also had a history of grooming potential victims, and an increasingly weird sexualized theology.

Nope. Not even a close comparison...

Maybe he could be a missionary......

1.  He would make an excellent target!

2.  Seriously?

3.  It would be good if he got saved first...that would help!

4.  Monsters don't have much use to God, in fact, historically speaking, he usually sends someone with a sling and a stone to take care of a monster!

5.  Would you buy a used car from this guy (no one from FBCH is qualified to answer this question intelligently)?

Tom Brennan said:
bruinboy said:

No. I wouldn't agree. What those two did is leagues apart. I don't think Marty should pastor again, and I think he got back into the ministry too soon, but I have no problem with a man who commits adultery at some point beginning to preach again, all other things being equal. JS, OTOH, took full advantage of an impressionable teenager, and then wrote her letters telling her she was doing God's will. JS also had a history of grooming potential victims, and an increasingly weird sexualized theology.

Nope. Not even a close comparison...

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. Both men committed adultry, both men groomed their victims and promised them things they could not deliver. It appears that dr. saaaap appears to be somewhat sorry for what he did or at least for being caught. pastor marty on the other hand shows no outward signs of repentance, lies about the situation continuously and blames others for his mistakes. 
Regardless, neither one of them should ever be in the ministry again or preaching to anyone.  I am amazed this moron in Florida gives marty a platform to spew his garbage.  Maybe he has pictures on someone. No other explanation. 

Ransom said:
Holy Mole said:
Your thoughts....

The question king of assumes God was using him the first time, doesn't it?  Considering how far astray he was leading the sheep with his kinky theology, I find that assumption highly dubious.

I personally would not want to see Schaap without two hundred yards of any position in the church which required a modicum of trust or proximity to minors.  He has squandered those opportunities. So if by "used" you mean "serve in some capacity within the church," there probably isn't much of a place for him anymore.  That's his own doing.

The term "used" was in quotes as some would call it that though I could not think of a better way to ask the question. Literally, everyone is "used" at one capacity or another but by different forces. I do agree with most posts here and also believe the greatest violation wasn't a mere act of perverse pleasure but rather the violation of sacred trust using the Pastor's "office" for the exact opposite purpose for which it was intended. From what I gather this same fungal shoe fits over the fallen arches of Mr Braemer as well.