Dave Hyles (again)

sword said:
BALAAM said:
Twisted said:
[size=10pt]So I mentioned in another thread that DH had attended the national Sword conference.

One of my Facebook friends had posted a photo of the two of them together and he said the following:

"While on a trip in North Carolina with one of our church men, we attended three evening services of the annual National Sword of the Lord Conference on Revival and Soul-Winning. One of the pleasures for me at the conference was to get to see Brother David Hyles, who has been a good friend and encouragement on Facebook. His dad, Jack Hyles, was my favorite preacher. Brother David's wife, Brenda, took this photo. I thought she did a great job considering the subject matter. smile emoticon:)

After a period of waywardness, Brother Hyles (David) appears to have been on the right track again for some years now, and he has been trying to use his own restoration to encourage others who need the same. I count him as a friend! For any of you who might have a problem with that, I want to remind you that he is no longer out in a far country nor in the field feeding swine, but he is back at the Father's house. Stay outside and pout if you want to, or you can come in and enjoy the Father's celebration of restored fellowship!"

I posted something like this:  "Are the women/families he harmed "restored"?  Can they come to the Sword conference and get their photo taken?  David Hyles did not sin by himself."
The post was taken down within the hour.
Whether Dave Hyles is "restored" or not is not the point.  The point is that this man is glorified, while I'm sure his victims carry the shame and disgrace to this day.

I may be wrong, but I've not heard or read any of his victims saying that Dave Hyles has approached them to make things right.  Isn't it odd that this pastor compared him to the prodigal son?  I've never read that the prodigal son was an adulterer.

Another question I've had is what age was he and his female victims when he was at FBCH?  Is there a possibility he should have gone to prison? 
Well, we'll never know since daddy covered it up.  Daddy was great at covering up the sexual sins of his staff.

It makes me want to puke to see good men fall all over themselves to be associated with this man and call it all good.  His victims have no such luxury.
[/size]

I agree with you here twist. At least this pastor O'Niel admitted that there may have been some wrongdoing on Dave's part. That is far more than I have ever heard from any fbc staff members about the situation. Or from Bob Gray or Dave Baker. To paraphrase Huckleberry Finn; In order to get the attention of most christians you have to be a real rapscallion cause it seems those are the ones they like the best.
Staff members from FBC of Hammond have spoken out many times about the "moral failure" of Dave Hyles and the fact he was forced to resign his position. Eddie Lapina, the Moffitt's and others have openly admitted the harm Dave Hyles did and the fact that it was handled poorly at the time. Eddie was a teen at the time and he has discussed publicly, the hurt Dave caused and the lasting damage that was done to many of his fellow teens. He has also spoke out, for many years now, of the lasting damage these events had on the ministries of FBC of Hammond and its members. Many point to this one event as the beginning of FBCH's troubles and its decline. 

Where and when? It may be true but I have absolutely never heard anyone mention this.

Up until 4 years ago, I was a fbch member and went to nearly every service and I have never heard anyone mention anything negative about DH. That doesn't mean they didn't, it is just that I was NEVER aware of any of this.

Twisted said:
fishinnut said:
TheRealJonStewart said:
WESLEY said:
Walt said:
I'm kind of torn about this - on one hand, I'd like to see him truly get right with God and honor and glorify the King of Kings.

And yet; it seems that all he has done is hide for a few decades before trying to get back in people's good graces.

He should have friends who can help him stay true to God.

"Hide for a few decades..."

NOT!

1980 -  He was "called" out of Hammond
1984  -  He was kicked out of Miller Road
1990 - 1991 - He was caught in a car in Schererville with an "inner circle" (we don't have those anymore... at least in the last 4.5 years)  Anyway, the woman involved was working at HBJH.... They were common singers @ FBCH... Her son looks remarkably like DH
1991 -  He was featured in Swingers Magazine in Chicago
2003 -  Kicked out of  Pinellas Park Baptist Church (since changed their name) in Florida  (his secretary became a prostitute... was arrested with "Dave's Girl" tattoed on her body...)
20--  - Kicked out of Berean Baptist Church of Orange Park, FL for adultery
20--  - Kicked out of First Baptist Church of Jacksonville, FL

I wish he would lay low for a couple of decades....

Interesting note:

FBCH lost 1,000 members largely because because of Dave Hyles....
Miller Road Baptist Church no longer exists...
Pinellas Park Baptist Church is no longer Baptist... is now Crosspointe Church
Berean Baptist Church has had their buildings repoed.... they are now Immanuel Baptist Church  (they merged with another church, I believe)

Guess what I'm saying is I wish he'd lay low for the next few decades!

Not a fan of DH but I need some sources on these accounts or it is automatic #fakenews
OK.............let me guess. You're 13.........or you just found the internet...............or unless you see it you don't believe it.

Now, now....a reasonable request.

I too had not heard of any of the 2000+ year events.  Any backup to these claims?

And I was there in 1981 and DH was still there and I'm pretty sure his Swinger issue was before 1991 (but I'm checking a source for that).

Just got confirmation that the swinger issue came out in 1990. 

Gotta have the facts right.

fishinnut said:
TheRealJonStewart said:
WESLEY said:
Walt said:
I'm kind of torn about this - on one hand, I'd like to see him truly get right with God and honor and glorify the King of Kings.

And yet; it seems that all he has done is hide for a few decades before trying to get back in people's good graces.

NOT!

1990 - 1991 - He was caught in a car in Schererville with an "inner circle" (we don't have those anymore... at least in the last 4.5 years)  Anyway, the woman involved was working at HBJH.... They were common singers @ FBCH... Her son looks remarkably like DH
2003 -  Kicked out of  Pinellas Park Baptist Church (since changed their name) in Florida  (his secretary became a prostitute... was arrested with "Dave's Girl" tattoed on her body...)

Interesting note:

Berean Baptist Church has had their buildings repoed.... they are now Immanuel Baptist Church  (they merged with another church, I believe)

Not a fan of DH but I need some sources on these accounts or it is automatic #fakenews
OK.............let me guess. You're 13.........or you just found the internet...............or unless you see it you don't believe it.

Actually I'm in the mid-30s. If I was 13, I don't think I would adapt the username "TheRealJonStewart". I'm serious in my request as to where you are getting your information from? I'd like to see some cites to news articles, journalist investigations, etc.

You can't tell me to believe something I have not seen any evidence for.

TheRealJonStewart said:
Actually I'm in the mid-30s. If I was 13, I don't think I would adapt the username "TheRealJonStewart". I'm serious in my request as to where you are getting your information from? I'd like to see some cites to news articles, journalist investigations, etc.

You make a great point but do you really expect to find this info in the news?  A web search will reveal posts and blogs about a lot of this, but then again, it's really just hearsay without evidence.

Oh, do you not believe that Jesus rose from the dead?  There's no evidence except some guys who blogged about it 2000 years ago.

sword said:
Staff members from FBC of Hammond have spoken out many times about the "moral failure" of Dave Hyles and the fact he was forced to resign his position. Eddie Lapina, the Moffitt's and others have openly admitted the harm Dave Hyles did and the fact that it was handled poorly at the time. Eddie was a teen at the time and he has discussed publicly, the hurt Dave caused and the lasting damage that was done to many of his fellow teens. He has also spoke out, for many years now, of the lasting damage these events had on the ministries of FBC of Hammond and its members. Many point to this one event as the beginning of FBCH's troubles and its decline. 

I have never heard this...

Teri in NC said:
sword said:
Staff members from FBC of Hammond have spoken out many times about the "moral failure" of Dave Hyles and the fact he was forced to resign his position. Eddie Lapina, the Moffitt's and others have openly admitted the harm Dave Hyles did and the fact that it was handled poorly at the time. Eddie was a teen at the time and he has discussed publicly, the hurt Dave caused and the lasting damage that was done to many of his fellow teens. He has also spoken out, for many years now, of the lasting damage these events had on the ministries of FBC of Hammond and its members. Many point to this one event as the beginning of FBCH's troubles and its decline. 

I have never heard this...

Perhaps they did this at the college, I don't remember hearing this at the church. I haven't frequented the college since it was at Baptist City.

TheRealJonStewart said:
fishinnut said:
TheRealJonStewart said:
WESLEY said:
Walt said:

NOT!

Interesting note:

But you will take what Bill Maher says as good to go. :mad: ::) :-\

The Real Jon Stewart.....You are not a HAC graduate, correct?  There are numerous personal accounts on the internet and other trusted sources. His own sister has discussed it. In the 80s, I personally talked with his secretary at Miller Road. A book has been written and his ex-wife's testimony is online.  Too many women, not enough time to list it all.

fishinnut said:
TheRealJonStewart said:
fishinnut said:
TheRealJonStewart said:
WESLEY said:
Walt said:

NOT!

Interesting note:

Bill Maher is a comedian and a political pundit. I quote him on ideas I agree with, other ideas I take with a grain of salt.

Twisted said:
TheRealJonStewart said:

You make a great point but do you really expect to find this info in the news?  A web search will reveal posts and blogs about a lot of this, but then again, it's really just hearsay without evidence.

Oh, do you not believe that Jesus rose from the dead?  There's no evidence except some guys who blogged about it 2000 years ago.

Let's use this in Wikipedia, the sources found in the web search such as blogs and etc. will not count as valid sources. I need actual sources, until then it is isn't 100% accurate.

Twisted, my religious views differ greatly from yours.

TheRealJonStewart said:
fishinnut said:
TheRealJonStewart said:
fishinnut said:
TheRealJonStewart said:
WESLEY said:
Walt said:

NOT!

Interesting note:

Bill Maher is a comedian and a political pundit. I quote him on ideas I agree with, other ideas I take with a grain of salt.
So are you an idiot in any other area?

fishinnut said:
TheRealJonStewart said:
fishinnut said:
TheRealJonStewart said:
fishinnut said:
TheRealJonStewart said:
WESLEY said:
Walt said:

NOT!

Interesting note:

So are you an idiot in any other area?

You can't call someone an idiot because of differing political views.

TheRealJonStewart said:
I need actual sources, until then it is isn't 100% accurate.

Skepticism is good.

I wish posters on Facebook had some.