David Cloud Revisited

subllibrm

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
So I click on a video link that a friend shared on Facebook. The group was the Clark Family (had never heard of them before). I did a Google search to find out more about these folks. What do I find? A lengthy "open letter" from Mr. Cloud urging the Clark to abandon their wayward drift.

So for your listening pleasure, I present the Clark Family in all their evil glory!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4XJ1QzO_js&feature=youtu.be

Never heard of them before.

Here's the link to Cloud's article.

https://www.wayoflife.org/reports/a-plea-to-the-clark-family.php

I confess that I'm amazed at some of my friends that go bonkers over Casting Crowns.

Of course, I'm also amazed at some of my Christian friends who have gotten divorced.

subllibrm said:
What do I find? A lengthy "open letter" from Mr. Cloud urging the Clark to abandon their wayward drift.

This the one?

"I know rock & roll. I know how to discern rock & roll even when it is played softly on a piano without any drums or electric bass."

In other words, Cloud, bless his pointy head, is calling them out for implied rock and roll. LOL!

The song in the video is pleasant enough, and an order of magnitude better performed than 99% of all fundy music I've been subjected to in the past. But they really need to ease up on the Autotune.

Ransom said:
subllibrm said:
What do I find? A lengthy "open letter" from Mr. Cloud urging the Clark to abandon their wayward drift.

This the one?

"I know rock & roll. I know how to discern rock & roll even when it is played softly on a piano without any drums or electric bass."

In other words, Cloud, bless his pointy head, is calling them out for implied rock and roll. LOL!

The song in the video is pleasant enough, and an order of magnitude better performed than 99% of all fundy music I've been subjected to in the past. But they really need to ease up on the Autotune.

Maybe they could get some musical pointers from these guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-NOZU2iPA8

Never really read anything from Cloud before... Kind of wish I had not read that article as well. What a self-center waste of space.

The man is called by God, at least in his mind, to tell everybody where they're messing up. It's his job. It's a dirty job but somebody has to do it.

Jubal Sackett

David Cloud: Way of Strife . org
"When the King James Bible is not enough, ask Dave!"

Throughout Dave Cloud's article, here is the summarizing refrain: "I recognize it as a legitimate..."

Never cared for him!!

The honorable Rev. FSSL said:
David Cloud: Way of Strife . org
"When the King James Bible is not enough, ask Dave!"

Throughout Dave Cloud's article, here is the summarizing refrain: "I recognize it as a legitimate..."

As compared to the comments of FSSL, who speaks for Christiandom.

Twisted said:

Can I quote this in my upcoming article: ?A plea to my fundamental sisters who lead men astray with their big toe showing!? ?

Twisted said:

Can I quote this in my upcoming article: ?A plea to my fundamental sisters who lead men astray with their big toe showing!? ?

As long as proper credit is given.

Can't wait to read the article.

Twisted said:
Can't wait to read the article.

I think I had better get my wife under control in this area before I write it :D

One thing is for sure! I know a big toe when I see it. Some have noticed french tipped big toes and were led astray. I recognize closed toes as legitimate shoes. I know the women carry their KJVs, but the big toes distract from the gold edging.

I think I had better get my wife under control in this area before I write it

We're all sorry to hear that you won't be writing the article.

I have a great deal of respect for David Cloud.

He was one of the few people who wrote against Hyles when most of the rest of the IFB world was kowtowing to Hyles.

He has an absolute right to post his thoughts on his website.

I do think that many IFB churches that used to preach against CCM are now dabbling with it.

Walt said:
I do think that many IFB churches that used to preach against CCM are now dabbling with it.

Absolutely true.

But why?

IMO, people are always looking for "some new thing".  It reminds me of the scene in "Walk the Line" where Johnny Cash is singing in front of Sam Phillips.  Cash was singing an old gospel song and the response Phillips gave him ("People don't want to hear the same old song sung the same old way") is the same reason some preachers and some singers are always looking for something new.

Scriptures and standards are out or at least watered down.  Drawing a crowd is in.

Walt said:
I have a great deal of respect for David Cloud.

He was one of the few people who wrote against Hyles when most of the rest of the IFB world was kowtowing to Hyles.

He ha an absolute right to post his thoughts on his website.

That really not that big of a deal. Cloud's against everything and everybody. Why should Hyles get a pass? He also goes further that his website. He wrtes them a letter telling them of their shortcomings.

Jubal Sackett

Why change?

That is a great question. Of course it presupposes that things in the past were superior to the present.

That of course brings us to the following. Which particular era of Christian history is the one in which we should drive the stake and never diverge from?

subllibrm said:
Why change?

That is a great question. Of course it presupposes that things in the past were superior to the present.

That of course brings us to the following. Which particular era of Christian history is the one in which we should drive the stake and never diverge from?
That presupposes that right and wrong are tied to a particular time, it also kind of implies that truth changes as time does. Certainly, things can get better or worse with time, but whether they are true or right does not. It doesn't matter if it's popular or unpopular, what truly matters is whether it's right or wrong. That is timeless.

Twisted said:
Walt said:

Absolutely true.

But why?

IMO, people are always looking for "some new thing".  It reminds me of the scene in "Walk the Line" where Johnny Cash is singing in front of Sam Phillips.  Cash was singing an old gospel song and the response Phillips gave him ("People don't want to hear the same old song sung the same old way") is the same reason some preachers and some singers are always looking for something new.

Scriptures and standards are out or at least watered down.  Drawing a crowd is in.

Indeed... secular "success" has infected the church.