Deaths Of HAC Students

Had him for several classes.  He walked with God. 

How old was Sam Sprunger ?  He was old when we were there....

Robert (Bob) E. Cox (66)
Born March 13, 1943
Died Sept. 21, 2009

Lived in Oakhurst, Calif
Graduated from Hyles Anderson College.

Thank you qwerty....that means he worked when he could have retired. Faithful, dedicated come to mind.

qwerty said:
I went through the old forum and was able to get the following off the thread:
John Swearingen  (Heart Attack 07 )
I knew Pastor Swearingen, he was my first pastor back in 1986.
I still correspond with his son Tim Swearingen.

Steve Brian McDonald
Married to Cinnamon (Amator) McDonald
Born January 3, 1967
Died May 24, 2017

Attended Hyles-Anderson College (Mid 80's)
Lived in Chico, CA
1594312057975.png

Last edited:
I tried to read through the whole list, and I'm not an HAC former or present student, but many from our church were there back in the early days. I don't know if anyone here remembers a Brad Tharp from Faith Baptist Church in Pekin, IL, but he died a few years back in Manito Illinois where his brother in law was pastor. He had just finished working in either his or his parents yard from what I was told, and died instantly of a massive heart attack. He was like a big brother to me, so I thought I'd ask.
Thanks,
Brother_Tony

Brother_Tony said:
I tried to read through the whole list, and I'm not an HAC former or present student, but many from our church were there back in the early days. I don't know if anyone here remembers a Brad Tharp from Faith Baptist Church in Pekin, IL, but he died a few years back in Manito Illinois where his brother in law was pastor. He had just finished working in either his or his parents yard from what I was told, and died instantly of a massive heart attack. He was like a big brother to me, so I thought I'd ask.
Thanks,
Brother_Tony

Thanks for sharing. Was he aprt of the singing Tharp Brothers?

Brother_Tony said:
Thanks,
Brother_Tony

I worked with Brad at DESA Industries. He never really fit the HACER mold. Good guy who I wondered how he was doing occasionally over the years.

Baptist City Holdout said:
Brother_Tony said:
Thanks,
Brother_Tony

He was a singer an Music major. I don't believe he was part of the singing Tharp Brother's though. He was married to a red headed lady named Cindy, I believe, and they ended up divorced. She married an African American, and he sued her for custody of the kids and got it and moved back to the Pekin area to work with his brother Lance. I'm not sure, but I believe Lance and his ex went to Midwestern Baptist in Pontiac, MI.  Wow, it's hard to believe that time makes people lose track of who went where! ;)

Brother_Tony said:
Brother_Tony said:
Thanks,
Brother_Tony

Did you know Brad Marshall? I believe he was from the same church and also worked at DESA.

He was a singer an Music major. I don't believe he was part of the singing Tharp Brother's though. He was married to a red headed lady named Cindy, I believe, and they ended up divorced. She married an African American, and he sued her for custody of the kids and got it and moved back to the Pekin area to work with his brother Lance. I'm not sure, but I believe Lance and his ex went to Midwestern Baptist in Pontiac, MI.  Wow, it's hard to believe that time makes people lose track of who went where! ;)

LongGone said:
Brother_Tony said:
Brother_Tony said:
Thanks,
Brother_Tony

Did you know Brad Marshall? I believe he was from the same church and also worked at DESA.

I know Brad Marshall very well. He's on my "messenger" and I correspond with him from time to time.  He was one of my favorite people at Faith. We had a LOT of people from Faith go to Hyles. I almost went there, but opted for a church college in E. Peoria named Fellowship Baptist College. Then, after two attempts to stay there, I ended up going to Maranatha Baptist Bible College in Watertown, Wis. It's known as MBU now.  Hyles was on the board of MBBC, and the year I was there, it was HIS LAST YEAR on the board. Oh well...life happens.
Blessings.
BT

Michael C. Gain
Born September 23, 1960.
Died July 5, 2017

Attended Hyles-Anderson College
Lived in Worcester, MA

Who is gonna do Balaam's obit?

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

prophet said:
Who is gonna do Balaam's obit?

Hopefully his posting total and thumbs up will be included.

Kathie (Melgarejo) Rinka (and unborn daughter Violet)
d. January 2014
Sweet, sweet girl. So loving to everyone. Beautiful smile.

Dan Kokobun
d. May 2015
Fatal brain injury while building a new building on the mission field in Peru. Talented musician. His wife Heather will be speaking at Spectacular this year.

Steven Choi
I didn't know Steve well but I remember him being a scholar and very interested in prophecy. As a student, he did guest presentations in several of my freshman-level classes.
d. June 2013

Malcolm Tolle
d. January 2017
He put his heart into everything he did. Passionate and kind, always willing to go the extra mile for others. Magnetic personality and loved to make people laugh. He used his beloved truck to take clean water to Flint, Michigan the summer before he died.

I met Kathie the summer of 2011 at Americall. She was a sweetie. I brought her and a friend to my house to feed them and let them do laundry free ? My kids liked Miss Katie too

wordless said:
Kathie (Melgarejo) Rinka (and unborn daughter Violet)
d. January 2014
Sweet, sweet girl. So loving to everyone. Beautiful smile.

Dan Kokobun
d. May 2015
Fatal brain injury while building a new building on the mission field in Peru. Talented musician. His wife Heather will be speaking at Spectacular this year.

Steven Choi
I didn't know Steve well but I remember him being a scholar and very interested in prophecy. As a student, he did guest presentations in several of my freshman-level classes.
d. June 2013

Malcolm Tolle
d. January 2017
He put his heart into everything he did. Passionate and kind, always willing to go the extra mile for others. Magnetic personality and loved to make people laugh. He used his beloved truck to take clean water to Flint, Michigan the summer before he died.
Malcolm wasn't even my age...wow!

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk