DEBUNKING THE MYTH of HELL

Route_70 said:
That explains why some of them are so despicable in their personal decorum.

What Calvinist on this forum believes that we should not witness?

Whatever hell is, it is most certainly an existence where Christ's presence (and all that is good) is missing.

Mat 7:21  Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22  Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

ALAYMAN said:
Whatever hell is, it is most certainly an existence where Christ's presence (and all that is good) is missing.

How can hell, which is a place of destruction, be a place of "existence?"

"...fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." ~~Mat. 10:28

See the trouble you get into when you don't back up precisely what you say with an appropriate scripture reference?

FSSL said:
Route_70 said:
That explains why some of them are so despicable in their personal decorum.

What Calvinist on this forum believes that we should not witness?

Here is a FB group for you:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/calvinismthegroupthatchoosesyou/

If hell is just annihilation then what's the point of a judgement day? Why not just let the unsaved dead stay dead?

It's interesting to note that Hades is Greek mythology was the god of the underworld which was no place of annihilation. The Bible wouldn't use that word to illustrate to Greeks what existence after death was like if it is mere annihilation. 

Route_70 said:
ALAYMAN said:

How can hell, which is a place of destruction, be a place of "existence?"

"...fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." ~~Mat. 10:28

See the trouble you get into when you don't back up precisely what you say with an appropriate scripture reference?

#1 I didn't flee to a verse out of context.  I demonstrated to you that heaven was in view, as was the judgment.  Those who are judged to be outside of Christ will be banished from his presence.  That is what the verse says that I quoted.

#2 I am not a Greek scholar but the verse you fled to and believe supports your case indeed does nothing of the sort.  The word ???????? is the aorist active infinitive of the verb ????????. The aorist tense doesn't specify the duration of the action.  The author is simply making reference to the act of destruction itself without respect to the duration.  It could be a moment in time, or it could be a continuously eternal process?the aorist leaves that undefined.

ALAYMAN said:
I am not a Greek scholar but the verse you fled to and believe supports your case indeed does nothing of the sort.  The word ???????? is the aorist active infinitive of the verb ????????. The aorist tense doesn't specify the duration of the action.  The author is simply making reference to the act of destruction itself without respect to the duration.  It could be a moment in time, or it could be a continuously eternal process?the aorist leaves that undefined.

Yes, I am not a Greek or Hebrew scholar either.  But I know this:  dictionaries are written by men hundreds of years after words are formed, and assign definitions based on usage.

Ergo, I can show, logically, that hell is indeed a plce of annihilation:

1.  Hades of the NT and Sheol of the NT represent the same thing or place.  So, whatever applies to Sheol also applies to hades.

David, of the Old Testament said, "For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell [sheol]." (Psalm 16:10)

Peter, of the New Testament, quotes the Psalm: "Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell [hades]." (Acts 2:27)

2.  Sheol is a place of annihilation; ergo, hades is a plce of annihilation.

NUMBERS 16:28-35
"And Moses said, Hereby ye shall know that the LORD hath sent me to do all these works; for I have not done them of mine own mind. If these men die the common death of all men, or if they be visited after the visitation of all men; then the LORD hath not sent me. But if the LORD make a new thing, and the earth open her mouth, and swallow them up, with all that appertain unto them, and they go down quick into the pit; then ye shall understand that these men have provoked the LORD. And it came to pass, as he had made an end of speaking all these words, that the ground clave asunder that was under them: And the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed them up, and their houses, and all the men that appertained unto Korah, and all their goods. They, and all that appertained to them, went down alive into the pit, and the earth closed upon them: and they perished from among the congregation. And all Israel that were round about them fled at the cry of them: for they said, Lest the earth swallow us up also. And there came out a fire from the LORD, and consumed the two hundred and fifty men that offered incense."

A number of questions about sheol are answered in this passage. First of all, it is located under the earth. We also see that whoever goes there is consumed. Furthermore, not only men go to hell, houses and worldly goods go to hell also. Also we see that it is the Lord himself who sends people there.

The ones cast into the pit [sheol or hades] in Numbers 16 were consumed. So hades is a place where one is consumed (annihilated). We know that the word consumed used in numbers 16 means annihilation by seeing its usage elsewhere in scripture. Exodus 3:2,3: "And the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the bush; and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed. And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt."

The implication from the previous passage is that Moses was surprised that this bush was on fire, yet it was not annihilated. The word consumed that appears in Exodus 3, is the same exact Hebrew word as the one that appears in Numbers 16. So, the word implies annihilation. Biblical hell is a place of annihilation.

No sane, honest individual believes in the concept of eternal punishment and hell.  Oh, people have their pride, and they will go to great lengths to defend their position.  There are many different variations of eternal demise, written in mythology, the total of which the Bible comprises only about .01%; most of which were written by so-called "men of God" or under the "influence" of God.

It is all myth.  There is no eternal life or torment.  People still delude themselves, just as they did in ancient times.

Route_70 said:
No sane, honest individual believes in the concept of eternal punishment and hell. 

Are you a licensed psychiatrist? If not, your diagnosis is worthless.

Route_70 said:
The doctrine of eternal torment in hell or a lake of fire is pure myth. This doctrine is nowhere to be found in the Bible.

The word "hell" appears 53 times in both Old and New Testaments.

Every Old Testament mention of the word hell is always a translation of the word ?sheol.? However, sheol is not always translated in the Old Testament as hell. Sometimes it is translated as grave (Genesis 37:35); sometimes as pit (Numbers 16:33)

Ten times in the New Testament the word hell is translated from the Greek word ?hades.? Eleven times it is translated from the Greek word ?gehenna.? Once it is translated from the Greek word ?tartaroo.? And there is at least one occasion in the New Testament where the word hades is translated as ?grave.?

I believe there is a strong possibility that either all men will come to be redeemed or those who reject God will simply be destroyed in the Lake of Fire.

Hooper said:
I believe there is a strong possibility that either all men will come to be redeemed or those who reject God will simply be destroyed in the Lake of Fire.

Perhaps God will reveal to you the truth.

Hooper said:
Route_70 said:
The doctrine of eternal torment in hell or a lake of fire is pure myth. This doctrine is nowhere to be found in the Bible.

The word "hell" appears 53 times in both Old and New Testaments.

Every Old Testament mention of the word hell is always a translation of the word ?sheol.? However, sheol is not always translated in the Old Testament as hell. Sometimes it is translated as grave (Genesis 37:35); sometimes as pit (Numbers 16:33)

Ten times in the New Testament the word hell is translated from the Greek word ?hades.? Eleven times it is translated from the Greek word ?gehenna.? Once it is translated from the Greek word ?tartaroo.? And there is at least one occasion in the New Testament where the word hades is translated as ?grave.?

I believe there is a strong possibility that either all men will come to be redeemed or[size=36pt] those who reject God will simply be destroyed in the Lake of Fire.[/size]

So it's necessary for a non physical soul to travel to a place where a physical substance, fire, will destroy it.
Why not just let the lack of oxygen to the brain do the trick?

Muslims, who bow and pray 5 times a day to God and certainly don't "reject" him, will they be spared from having to travel to the "Lake of Fire" to be destroyed?

Think of all those aborted babies who never had a chance to accept Jesus as their savior.  Or all those miscarried babies.  Or all those children who were born with terminal diseases, who died at too young an age to accept Jesus.  How could God allow that?