Dems Must Be Defeated.

Ekklesian

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score

Republicans are invariably frustrated that facts don’t move the dial in elections. No matter how bad Democrats are, nothing changes. The reason is simple: Democrats associate “blue” with all good things.
...despite Biden’s sinking polls and despite years of deteriorating conditions under Democrat leadership, many Californians—mostly Democrats—simply will not vote for a Republican. He explains this with a commonly expressed philosophy of this voting block: “Always vote blue, no matter who.”
A blue candidate may have been undeniably caught in lies, corruption, and blunders. He may demonstrate hypocrisy on a grand scale—engaging in the very behavior he has criticized, maybe even campaigned against. He may appear lost and incoherent, stumbling, mumbling, or shouting at virtually every public appearance. He may have committed illegal, even treasonous, acts, such as taking bribes or weaponizing multiple governmental agencies against opponents and citizens. He may have demonstrated a track record of failure in every major area of concern to voters—the economy, foreign policy, national security and immigration, energy policy, etc. And yet, many “always blue” Democrats will still vote for him.
Republicans must understand that there are no magic facts or talking points, no silver bullet arguments, no game-changing photographic or videographic evidence that will suddenly open the eyes of most Democrats. Gravity still exists, and so does the “always blue” mindset. Republicans need to forget conversion and focus on the base and independents—exclusively.

Last edited:
Gravity still exists, and so does the “always blue” mindset. Republicans need to forget conversion and focus on the base and independents—exclusively.
This is really the only part of the article that matters, and it’s been the case for the past twenty years or so. Independents are a continually growing voting bloc in America, and it’s the independents who’ll decide the next president. Despite threats to vote third party, independents will usually end up voting for a Democrat or Republican in the end. I’ve been an independent since the early 2000s and have only voted Democrat once. The fact that guys like me are not leaning toward Trump should speak volumes, and ridiculing and excoriating this bloc won’t help your cause.

This is really the only part of the article that matters, and it’s been the case for the past twenty years or so. Independents are a continually growing voting bloc in America, and it’s the independents who’ll decide the next president. Despite threats to vote third party, independents will usually end up voting for a Democrat or Republican in the end. I’ve been an independent since the early 2000s and have only voted Democrat once. The fact that guys like me are not leaning toward Trump should speak volumes, and ridiculing and excoriating this bloc won’t help your cause.
I don't think you're representative of the majority of independents.

It does matter, because that's a significant number. And you need to start pulling your data from more reputable sources, not from the DNC propaganda mill.
LOL. Same tripe about “sources” and the DNC. Okay big guy, we will see soon enough what happens. These most recent elections a couple weeks ago weren’t exactly encouraging for Republicans….

Dems Must Be Defeated​

And replaced by whom?

As with the vast majority of earthing Americans, they all seem to feel that their party is "better" or "different" when the facts expose just the opposite.

The FACT is that the Federal government, regardless of affiliation, is the enemy of the people. IMO, only a bloody revolution can right the sinking ship.

The current regime will NEVER fix the problems shown here:

The FACT is that the Federal government, regardless of affiliation, is the enemy of the people. IMO, only a bloody revolution can right the sinking ship.
Careful, extraterrestrial visitor: you might be accused of inciting a riot. 😏

I'm hearing that kind of talk more and more these days.
Not to worry. Your military can't fill its own roles because the generation of fighting-age men are too fat. The rest are either queer or have changed their sex. That means the only ones capable of a revolution are men over 40. Come to think of it, they might have a real chance.

Not to worry. Your military can't fill its own roles because the generation of fighting-age men are too fat. The rest are either queer or have changed their sex. That means the only ones capable of a revolution are men over 40. Come to think of it, they might have a real chance.
Well the Air Force did raise its recruiting age to 42!

As you've already alluded to in an earlier post, a large amount of Trump's appeal is those outside the "RINO"/Swamp/Establishment element of the conservative voter constituency. That is a large part of what vaulted him to the win in 2016, though admittedly didn't carry the day in 2020. That actually is not a determinative factor in that demographic's consideration though, as they by and large felt that voter irregularities and/or fraud played a part in flipping a close election (by measure of the popular vote). Despite the fact that some in the conservative election strategy would say Trump's anti-swamp "baggage" and antagonistic spirit wasn't a favorable nor winning factor in 2020 you aren't going to get those folk to easily go against those convictions anytime soon, as they prefer to vote for somebody who has some past favorable experience and policies that proved their anti-establishment initial leanings were justifiable.

One has to wonder if Trump actually drained “the swamp.” Of course, I also wonder if there ever was “a swamp,” or was it just a genius marketing ploy. Things that make you go “hmmmm.” 🤔

One has to wonder if Trump actually drained “the swamp.” Of course, I also wonder if there ever was “a swamp,” or was it just a genius marketing ploy. Things that make you go “hmmmm.” 🤔
You have to "wonder"? You need to pay attention.

You have to "wonder"? You need to pay attention.

It was tongue-in-cheek questioning on my part. Trump never “drained the swamp,” nor do I think he ever intended to. It was just a marketing ploy. He’s an absolute genius at marketing. It took me a few years to learn his schtick, but at least I learned.