Do people die during the Tribulation or 1,000 years?

Not saying no one dies after the rapture. I'm challenging the rapture doctrine.

"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words."

"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words."

I believe that.

I'm assuming you quoted that as support of a rapture that happens before the last day. Can you explain how that passage supports a rapture that happens (presumably) 1,000 years before the last day?

I believe that.

I'm assuming you quoted that as support of a rapture that happens before the last day. Can you explain how that passage supports a rapture that happens (presumably) 1,000 years before the last day?

If you believe it then you believe in a rapture which you seemed to challenge. The issue would be whether this happens before the last week {the 7 yr tribulation} that is mentioned in Daniel or in the middle of that said week or at the end of it. The only one that makes sense is the first one mentioned.

If you believe it then you believe in a rapture which you seemed to challenge. The issue would be whether this happens before the last week {the 7 yr tribulation} that is mentioned in Daniel or in the middle of that said week or at the end of it. The only one that makes sense is the first one mentioned.

What about the Resurrection? Have you abandoned it?

The teaching of some "rapture" doesn't make sense at all. Especially within the context of the verse mentioned. Why are you ignoring the fact this specific verse teaches that death will be removed from the earth, yet you doctrine doesn't teach this?

I'm leaning toward the rapture happening at the consummation. Why is the pre-trib the only one that makes sense?

I'm leaning toward the rapture happening at the consummation. Why is the pre-trib the only one that makes sense?

Why do you call it "the rapture"?

Jesus called it the Resurrection. "Rapture" is never mentioned in the Scriptures and is nothing more than a very late dispensational false doctrine. AS much some now hate Scofield, They would have never even known of this nonsense without him.

Last edited:

If that's where you lean go for it. I've read and studied all the positons and pre is the only one that makes sense to me. When I go to the doctor I "won't even" open my mouth and say AAAH.

Last edited:
If that's where you lean go for it. I've read and studied all the positons and pre is the only one that makes sense to me. When I go to the doctor I "won't even" open my mouth and say AAAH.

Why mock amillennials? It was the historic position of the early church for centuries? I wouldn't mock if I were you. If anything desires to be mocked its the silly ideal behind church ages that dispensationalists push.

Personally, I'm somewhere between amillennial and partial preteriest.

Personally I don’t think, in the grand scheme of God’s plan, the timing of the rapture matters.
And if the rapture does occur at the second coming, it really doesn’t exist.
I’m good with that too.

I take it then you lean to the A-Mil position?

No.
I‘m just stating the different positions on the rapture.
before the trib, in the middle of the trib or at the end.
If it’s at the end, then its essentially the 2nd Coming.

No.

Jesus has been "King of Kings and Lord of Lords" for a very long time. The very idea that somehow He has not be "crowned" yet is entirely ridiculous.

No.

So in other words, just to be sure, the rapture { I thess 4:16-17, I Cor 15: 52-53} can take place at the end of the trib. and the believers go up and will recieve their glorified bodies and then make a U-turn and come back down with Christ and his angels where then the angels will separate the sheep and the goats { which He just did 5 mnutes before BTW :) } to see who enters the Millennium?.................. And you're good with that? :)

Last edited:
So in other words, just to be sure, the rapture { I thess 4:16-17, I Cor 15: 52-53} can take place at the end of the trib. and the believers go up and will recieve their glorified bodies and then make a U-turn and come back down with Christ and his angels where then the angels will separate the sheep and the goats { which He just did 5 mnutes before BTW :) } to see who enters the Millennium?.................. And you're good with that? :)

You realize that many Evangelicals, unlike us, are not Premillennial.
Many others (Premillennials) do not believe in a 'rapture'...they believe the passages you cited are referencing the 2nd Coming.

And, I don't believe that, but don't mind if they do.

You realize that many Evangelicals, unlike us, are not Premillennial.
Many others (Premillennials) do not believe in a 'rapture'...they believe the passages you cited are referencing the 2nd Coming.

And, I don't believe that, but don't mind if they do.

Listen my friend we've been here long enough together that I know what you believe. When i asked you if you leaned towards A-mil position I knew you didn't. I just wanted you to tell me again that you were ok with posttribulationism :). I know all the positions of the "other premillennials"and what they believe. I've got their books/commentaries. I didn't find them but they found me.......... at the goodwill store :). One happens to be Robert Gundry's book on posttribulationism. They can believe what they want. There's no skin off my back. {But it doesn't make much sense :)} But that's just me

Last edited: