Do You Consider Yourself to be a Fundamentalist?

I would best describe myself as:

• A Fighting Fundamentalist (There are many fundamentals of the Faith and high standards to hold)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Non-Fundamentalist (There are no doctrines that are fundamental to the Faith)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
BALAAM said:
This is rather difficult because I think most of the folks here would agree doctrinally with the historic "fundamentals". However, it is the association with the 'frosted flake' fundamentalist of today that most don't want to be associated with.

Exactly.  I stand for the fundamental doctrine of the Bible - Christ and Him crucified.  I do not cringe from the individual words independent, fundamental, Baptist.  However, I do not want to be associated with the group that so boldly boasts of their rigidness while condoning criminal misconduct and substituting opinions of men for the doctrines of Christ that has come to be known as the IFB.

Binaca Chugger said:
BALAAM said:
This is rather difficult because I think most of the folks here would agree doctrinally with the historic "fundamentals". However, it is the association with the 'frosted flake' fundamentalist of today that most don't want to be associated with.

Exactly.  I stand for the fundamental doctrine of the Bible - Christ and Him crucified.  I do not cringe from the individual words independent, fundamental, Baptist.  However, I do not want to be associated with the group that so boldly boasts of their rigidness while condoning criminal misconduct and substituting opinions of men for the doctrines of Christ that has come to be known as the IFB.
Second that.  All in favor say "Aye".