Does Anybody Remember When The "Killer Bees"(Including Tom Brennan)...

Dunkard

Elect
Reaction score
Does anybody remember when the "Killer Bees"(Including Tom Brennan) mocked Bass for paying for advertisements on the FFF for her self-published books?

Actually, Jeri's books wee not self published.  Her last two books were published by Moody Press and her books before that were published by Journeyforth Publishers and still sold at Christian Book Distributors.

One of my kids won a Bassenco book in S.S. once.

I explained to the teacher that she was a non-Baptist lush who made her name rushing to the aide of people who had pulled themselves up already.

Got a blank stare for my troubles.

Edwards said:
Actually, Jeri's books wee not self published.  Her last two books were published by Moody Press and her books before that were published by Journeyforth Publishers and still sold at Christian Book Distributors.

Her earlier books were not self published...her children's books and Val-something were published by Moody and BJU.

After that, her other books were self published, I believe.

Dunkard said:
Does anybody remember when the "Killer Bees"(Including Tom Brennan) mocked Bass for paying for advertisements on the FFF for her self-published books?

I actually coined the "Killer Bees" phrase.  They were so loyal to Hyles back then. They have all but fallen off the face of the earth. That is what happens when you cant defend Hyles and Schaap anymore!

I'm just wondering since Tom has done the same thing. Maybe a bit of an apology is in order.

I'm all for Brennan writing a book and self-publishing it, but let's not pretend that there isn't a bit of hypocrisy here. Of course, Brennan is a Mannagawd who will not be questioned.

Who wrote the book Tom, Mandy or ToMandy?  From her facebook status update using Tom's account she posted as if she is co pastor.  Do the other preachers in the the preacher's only facebook group know a woman has access to the group?

breslau said:
Who wrote the book Tom, Mandy or ToMandy?  From her facebook status update using Tom's account she posted as if she is co pastor.  Do the other preachers in the the preacher's only facebook group know a woman has access to the group?

Well, I would assume that it's more likely that Tom wrote it than ToMandy. You realize that he is likely to get upset if he notices that you're calling him/her/it "ToMandy", right? He/She/It may even leave a private Facebook group over that sort of thing.

What about referring to them unisexuals?  You just never know which sex is posting.

breslau said:
What about referring to them unisexuals?  You just never know which sex is posting.

Maybe cross-dressers? Because it's a male Facebook account, but sometimes it's a female posting.

h95866B19

Not really saying that ToMandy has cheated, but that's probably the first thing that MOST normal Facebookers think when they see a joint Facebook account.

Dunkard said:
Not really saying that ToMandy has cheated, but that's probably the first thing that MOST normal Facebookers think when they see a joint Facebook account.

So why should we Christians be included in those judging them in thought and assumption?

Dunkard said:
qwerty said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Quote from: Dunkard on May 14, 2015, 03:37:27 PM

So why should we Christians be included in those judging them in thought and assumption?

Because that is what self-righteous people do....
You mean people like Tom Brennan?

I didn't see him judge anybody in this thread.

Smellin Coffee said:
Dunkard said:
qwerty said:
Smellin Coffee said:

Maybe not in *this* thread, but Tom Brennan is a self-righteous pharisee who doesn't understand the Gospel. Much like you, except he gets it better than you.

Dunkard said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Dunkard said:
qwerty said:
Smellin Coffee said:

Maybe not in *this* thread, but Tom Brennan is a self-righteous pharisee who doesn't understand the Gospel. Much like you, except he gets it better than you.

And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up. And as was his custom, he went to the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and he stood up to read. And the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was given to him. He unrolled the scroll and found the place where it was written,

“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news (the gospel) to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor.”

And he rolled up the scroll and gave it back to the attendant and sat down. And the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on him.  And he began to say to them, “Today this Scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing.” And all spoke well of him and marveled at the gracious words that were coming from his mouth.

Hmmm....I'll take Jesus' "gospel" over yours.

And yes, I do have beams of my own. :)

qwerty said:
Smellin Coffee said:

And they do it while condemning those they denounce as self righteous.
Kind of a hypocritical, judgemental two for one sale.