Does Anybody Remember When The "Killer Bees"(Including Tom Brennan)...

Tarheel Baptist said:
Bres is a sad odd little man who obviously stalks many here on FB... I honestly hope  he's a harmless, sad, odd little man.

Larry,  you sure suggests lots of evil about someone you are ignoring.  if you don't want me to read toyr facebook page, unfriend me.  Have you unfriemded me?

Follow your examplr of suggestion, have you stopped lusting after little children?  Thatnis no different than your comments.

JrChurch said:
It seems the haters have to show up and do their hate thing.  Why is hate so entrenched in the fiber of some people? 

Try a little common decency and leave the wives/daughters alone.

ToMandy and Marty have made their families central figures.  Marty has posted about his daughter's purity.  He has used her eating disorder as a sermon illustrstion

Don't fall off your faux throne of self tee ighteousnessn

breslau said:
JrChurch said:
It seems the haters have to show up and do their hate thing.  Why is hate so entrenched in the fiber of some people? 

ToMandy and Marty have made their families central figures.  Marty has posted about his daughter's purity.  He has used her eating disorder as a sermon illustrstion

breslau said:
Larry,  you sure suggests lots of evil about someone you are ignoring.  if you don't want me to read toyr facebook page, unfriend me.  Have you unfriemded me?

Follow your examplr of suggestion, have you stopped lusting after little children?  Thatnis no different than your comments.

Had to log in on a computer thinking that there must have been an issue with the mobile API.....surely someone can not have that much difficulty spelling this day and age

Now trying to figure out now if Bres is wasted or just an idiot....It's a conundrum.

It's really hard typing on a touchscreen, especially with fat fingers.  :p

qwerty said:
breslau said:
JrChurch said:

breslau said:

Had to log in on a computer thinking that there must have been an issue with the mobile API.....surely someone can not have that much difficulty spelling this day and age

Now trying to figure out now if Bres is wasted or just an idiot....It's a conundrum.

Maybe both.
I guess he is a harmless sad, little man who just happens to be a FB stalker.

breslau said:

I hate it when pastors use their family members' very personal struggles as sermon illustrations. Parent FAIL for sure.

breslau said:
JrChurch said:

If all your friends jumped off the bridge, would you do it too?

Marty is a jack-wagon, we all know that. That doesn't mean you should follow his lead with proclaiming his daughter's problems. PK's already have it rough, particularly in Fundagelical circles. I've never known an IFB PK whose problems were made better by folks using them to rip on their father. Let's just pray for the poor girl, it's bad enough that she's got a problem, we shouldn't try to make it worse. If Marty is using her problems as sermon illustrations, then he is already making it worse by himself.

IronWill said:
Well, giving a purity ring is creepy, no matter what the circumstances are.

Three daughters, three rings. So you can call me creepy if you want. They don't.

IronWill said:
breslau said:
JrChurch said:

Marty is a jack-wagon, we all know that. That doesn't mean you should follow his lead with proclaiming his daughter's problems. PK's already have it rough, particularly in Fundagelical circles. I've never known an IFB PK whose problems were made better by folks using them to rip on their father. Let's just pray for the poor girl, it's bad enough that she's got a problem, we shouldn't try to make it worse. If Marty is using her problems as sermon illustrations, then he is already making it worse by himself.

Will, I am sorry to hear about your health issues and stroke. I really do mean that.

As far as my daughter... she did not drop out of college. She attended college while living at home. When she completed her two years of community college she took a job with a local company that transferred her two hours away to work as an office manager at another branch. She relocated there and while there got sick which resulted in an extended hospital stay (Sherry Hester visited her in the hospital which I appreciate) and then she was  transferred to Mayo Clinic in Jax'ville. We live in between where she was and Jax'ville so it was easier to have here while commuting twice a week to Mayo for treatment. After a month plus she lost her job. In that time doctors were at a loss for the cause of her illness. She is a miracle testimony but it is hers to share if and when she decides to do so. She is nearly completely healthy now and living at home again while working part time at her church.

The "illustration" referenced was given during the height of her illness when doctors had no answers and our entire church was praying for her as were hundreds of family members, friends, and etc via social  media updates .... I said something to the effect of "I have said a hundred times in sermons 'when the doctor shakes his head and walks away' it takes on a whole new meaning when it's one of your children and the doctor shakes his head and walks away with no answers..."

qwerty said:
Dunkard said:
I'm actually impressed that Marty has the courage to come back. It's impressive.

Dunkard said:
Kind of. It may not be courage so much as pride.

Looks like you forgot to log into your other account and ended up quoting yourself....

I just wanted to add a thought and figured that quoting myself would be the easiest way. I forgot about the edit feature, because really I just wanted to tag a thought onto what I had previously said, and I wanted the two to be connected.

subllibrm said:
IronWill said:

Three daughters, three rings. So you can call me creepy if you want. They don't.

LOL. It isn't just creepy(stop being polite), it's more than just creepy. This is objectification of women, in a really creepy way. The purity ring concept is nothing more than a way to say "girls, as your father I am extraordinarily concerned about the condition of your private areas, and there is no better way to say it than to slap a ring on your finger and maybe have a creepy purity ball where I may have it look like a wedding because nothing is more important than knowing that my little girl has an intact hymen."

Pastor Marty said:
IronWill said:
breslau said:
JrChurch said:

Will, I am sorry to hear about your health issues and stroke. I really do mean that.

As far as my daughter... she did not drop out of college. She attended college while living at home. When she completed her two years of community college she took a job with a local company that transferred her two hours away to work as an office manager at another branch. She relocated there and while there got sick which resulted in an extended hospital stay (Sherry Hester visited her in the hospital which I appreciate) and then she was  transferred to Mayo Clinic in Jax'ville. We live in between where she was and Jax'ville so it was easier to have here while commuting twice a week to Mayo for treatment. After a month plus she lost her job. In that time doctors were at a loss for the cause of her illness. She is a miracle testimony but it is hers to share if and when she decides to do so. She is nearly completely healthy now and living at home again while working part time at her church.

The "illustration" referenced was given during the height of her illness when doctors had no answers and our entire church was praying for her as were hundreds of family members, friends, and etc via social  media updates .... I said something to the effect of "I have said a hundred times in sermons 'when the doctor shakes his head and walks away' it takes on a whole new meaning when it's one of your children and the doctor shakes his head and walks away with no answers..."

If that is the case, then Breslau is even further out of line that it would already seem.

Dunkard said:
subllibrm said:
IronWill said:

LOL. It isn't just creepy(stop being polite), it's more than just creepy. This is objectification of women, in a really creepy way. The purity ring concept is nothing more than a way to say "girls, as your father I am extraordinarily concerned about the condition of your private areas, and there is no better way to say it than to slap a ring on your finger and maybe have a creepy purity ball where I may have it look like a wedding because nothing is more important than knowing that my little girl has an intact hymen."

I am so glad I left out any details so you could fill it in with your preconceived ideas.  ::)

If Marty can be believed even though his own public posting contradicts his statement.

TB, the internet is public just like the sermons you post.

IronWill said:
Pastor Marty said:
IronWill said:
breslau said:
JrChurch said:

If that is the case, then Breslau is even further out of line that it would already seem.

So it would appear....

Welcome back to the forum, Will.
Sorry to hear about your health problems and will pray for you going forward!

Dunkard said:
subllibrm said:
IronWill said:

Totally out of line.  Reported to moderator.  Throw this pervert off of here. 

Frag said:

You appear to be operating under a different definition of "pervert" not yet discovered by mankind.

I don't necessarily agree with Dunkard, but I fail to see anything "perverted" in his comments.

A little graphic, maybe - so tone it down, Dunkard.

Frag said:
Dunkard said:
subllibrm said:
IronWill said:

what? He's just telling the truth about the definition of a purity ring. I always understood it that way too but everyone is different
You must've missed your morning coffee...

Dunkard said:
Does anybody remember when the "Killer Bees"(Including Tom Brennan) mocked Bass for paying for advertisements on the FFF for her self-published books?

So... back to the OP (which seems to have gotten lost in 8 pages of attacking one another and their children).

In answer to the question, I remember some questioning Bass why she didn't use a "real" publisher, but I don't really remember who led the pack.  Tom has answered the charge that he does not believe he was a part of that group.  Instead of accepting his answer, or providing proof, somehow things turned into an attack thread.

How does the OP have anything to do with the creepiness of purity rings?  Start another thread on that topic if it gets you that worked up.

BTW, I've read Tom's book, and despite Dunkard's claims, Tom seems to have a pretty good grasp of "understanding the Gospel."

And, he answered the question as to whether or not he wrote the book.

I too use a joint FB and Twitter account for the express purpose of putting it right out there that everything is coming from or is being seen by both my wife and me (nothing to do with cheating).  It is helpful when my wife can respond to some of the PM's we receive and her presence stops a lot of unwanted garbage from coming my direction. 

Frag said:

Biker said:
He's just telling the truth about the definition of a purity ring. I always understood it that way too but everyone is different. You must've missed your morning coffee...

Well, I gave my daughters purity rings and know many friends who did likewise and never heard anything like what he described as the reason or rationale. Severe extrapolation that exposed his own bias is what I saw in his baseless accusations.

No need to ban him. Let him illuminate his ignorance for all to see.