Does God Hold Us Accountable for Voting?

I'm a "Christian" and I never voted for Mr. Biden. Your point?
Then why are your knickers in a knot?

Actually, if I voted for O'Biden, I would keep my yap shut! Problem solved!

Problem is none of these whiney woke weasels know how to keep their mouths shut! I would therefore say that active affiliation with any of the radical "Woke" factions (ANTIFA, BLM, the "Alphabet Crowd," and so forth) is immediate grounds for Church discipline!

Oops, I guess I said it now! o_O Is there such a thing as FFF Prison???

Problem is none of these whiney woke weasels know how to keep their mouths shut! I would therefore say that active affiliation with any of the radical "Woke" factions (ANTIFA, BLM, the "Alphabet Crowd," and so forth) is immediate grounds for Church discipline!

There USED to be . . . . ;)

Please, Ray...Don't talk about "panties" or "knickers." You'll get eKKK over here on this thread! LOL I've never had my knickers in a knot.
Now, if there's an FFF Prison, I've never heard of it....but, who knows....the brother could make one and put some of us there! LOL

A conversation from a different thread got me thinking about this question. We know, nearly universally, Democrats represent abortion, LGBTQ rights, etc. Most, though certainly not all, Republicans are anti-abortion and support more traditional views of marriage and family.

I understand not all Republicans “walk the talk” in their private lives. I also understand that some Democrats support anti-Biblical legislation, but live with decency in their private lives. However, focusing solely on what laws they support, is it a “sin” to cast a vote for someone who you fully understand is going to vote to approve or condone topics like abortion and the LGBTQ indoctrination of children?
Voting is our role in government, and, yes, we are responsible to follow the way of justice. Deuteronomy 16:20

I am willing to be accountable to God for the way I vote. But I am not so sure I want to be accountable to every Christian who wants to judge me on that issue. Over the years, I have been criticized by Christians for being too involved in politics, and for not being involved enough. The pietists say, "politics is dirty, stay out of it, just read your Bible and pray." I have never believed that and have always been involved in politics, only to be condemned for not doing enough.

I voted for Bush in 2000 and 2004 but of course that was not good enough. I was very heavily criticized by fundies for not being blindly loyal enough to Bush, and for not supporting his disastrous war in Iraq.

When Obama won in 2008, that was blamed on me even though I voted for McCain. An IFB preacher told me it was my fault that Obama won, because I had not been doing enough to promote Rush Limbaugh. I thought Limbaugh was a boorish jerk and I never listened to his entertainment show, so I didn't understand why I had a Christian duty to promote him.

I voted for Trump in 2016 and 2020 but I do not support him now, so of course that gets me in trouble with the Trumpie fanatics.

I believe Christians should vote for the candidates who are pro-life and conservative, but I try not to sit in judgment on those who don't see it my way. I am not sure that we have any scriptural basis to be judging and condemning each other over the issue of voting and political involvement, which perhaps comes under the principle of Christian liberty and personal convictions. I don't see the scriptural basis for some of the political obsessions of some fundies, such as, support for the care and feeding of the Military-Industrial Complex, support for pre-emptive "wars of choice," total support for the Israeli state (why didn't Christ and the Apostles ever bring that up?), the cult worship of figures like Bush and Trump. Let everyone be persuaded in his own mind and follow their conscience on political matters, but maybe we should fight and condemn each other a little less on such issues.
Don't leave out the "Back the Blue" psy-op.
Idiots licking the boots of the thugs Satan sent to destroy them.
Guess who is coming to round uo the Christians?
The Blue, fools!
And I will never vote for a Republican again, much less the Coward, Donald Trump.
I'll go back to writing in Ron Paul.

I do not take such a matter likely and granted there may be a good bit of truth here.

We can say the same for our armed forces. Based upon the current philosophy and political direction of those in power, there is no telling what our men and women in uniform may be called upon to do! They have sworn an oath to defend the constitution against all enemies FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC but they are not allowed to exercise personal discernment as to who these enemies are! They are simply to OBEY THE ORDERS OF THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES having faith that he or she is doing the right thing and that they are therefore doing the right thing! Make no mistake about it, THEY WILL DO THE BIDDING of those who are in power! I struggled with this even back when I was in and serving under the Reagan administration and this is one of the reasons why I decided to get out after my enlistment had expired.

BUT remember that those who are serving ARE American Citizens and many are idealistic as I was believing they were doing a "Good and Noble Thing" and were fighting for the "Right Cause!" Ever since O'Biden came into office and disgracefully executed our departure from Afghanistan, I have told all of my kids I would rather they DIDN'T serve in the armed forces.

There are good men and women serving in the police forces and I am glad they are out there keeping law and order. I pray for them and tell them so whenever I have opportunity! One of the differences with your typical police officer is that he or she is able to exericise discernment and can stand appropriately according to his or her conscience. They also have the ability and power to turn in their badge at any time should they feel they are being compelled to act in a manner that is either injust or immoral. On the other hand, job security and a comfortable retirement may entice someone to act in a manner that compromises such principles!

As for Christians, I believe it is best to remember the words of the Apostle Paul in Romans 13 and PRAY for those who are in authority over us!

Guess who is coming to round uo the Christians?
The Blue, fools!
And I will never vote for a Republican again, much less the Coward, Donald Trump.
I'll go back to writing in Ron Paul.

Seems like a very imbalanced and disrespectful, counter-Biblical (Romans 13) perspective that should be rejected by Biblical-minded Christians.

As to the OP, there are many reasons why I would consider whether it was immoral to vote for a candidate, but at the end of the day the most heinous thing I can think of is voting for a baby murdering advocate who at the same time inverts the civilizational truth of what it means to be male and female.

Just clarifying: you don’t think a Christian voting for a candidate who openly supports legal efforts to kill babies isn’t considered a sin on the part of the voter. Is that accurate of your belief?
I'm confused as to why or how this thought is limited to voting. Would not God be just as concerned about what businesses you support? And I'm talking about a business that sells/makes products that are not essential and you have other choices. Do you spend money at Target, which openly allows perverted males to use the womens restrooms? Do you bank with a "woke" bank? Drink "woke" soda? This list could be endless.

Seems like a very imbalanced and disrespectful, counter-Biblical (Romans 13) perspective that should be rejected by Biblical-minded Christians.

As to the OP, there are many reasons why I would consider whether it was immoral to vote for a candidate, but at the end of the day the most heinous thing I can think of is voting for a baby murdering advocate who at the same time inverts the civilizational truth of what it means to be male and female.
The Constitution is the only power "over us", under God, in the US.
Police are armed gangs working for the political party in power.

The Constitution that is "Wholly inadequate for anyone other than a 'moral and religious' people?"

Since the United States is both largely "Immoral" and "Irreligious" these days, what makes the Constitution worth the paper it is printed on?

If God saw to it that the whole thing was overthrown tomorrow and he gave us what we truly deserved: perhaps an autocratic police state dictatorship, Romans 13 is still God's authoritative word!

The Constitution that is "Wholly inadequate for anyone other than a 'moral and religious' people?"

Since the United States is both largely "Immoral" and "Irreligious" these days, what makes the Constitution worth the paper it is printed on?

If God saw to it that the whole thing was overthrown tomorrow and he gave us what we truly deserved: perhaps an autocratic police state dictatorship, Romans 13 is still God's authoritative word!
Correct. Right now it doesn't seem our Constitution is held in very high regard anyhow...especially by the left.

Nero was on the throne, Jerusalem was over-run by "armed gangs" yet Paul still wrote (under inspiration) that those who serve in such a governmental capacity are for our good, to protect us from evil. Seems your attitude is one of denying that God has said what He plainly said.

Nero was on the throne, Jerusalem was over-run by "armed gangs" yet Paul still wrote (under inspiration) that those who serve in such a governmental capacity are for our good, to protect us from evil. Seems your attitude is one of denying that God has said what He plainly said.
Yep. Those in authority (1 Tim. 2:2) are still those in authority, even if we the people put them there for a time. Our responsibility to honour government isn't nullified by living in a democracy rather than a dictatorship.

it was also a government that people had no voice in and no vote with which to bring about changes.... .. americans on the other hand were allowed by God to establish a government where we choose our own leaders ...and were given the means to hold them accountable....... i believe God expects us to use that gift wisely and not just throw it away falling back on God to fix what we neglected to maintain....

however.... regarding romans 13... which has come up repeatedly and which i happen to believe is one of the most abused ad misapplied scriptures in the bible......... some believe paul was not writing about pagan roman overseers... but about obedience to christian leadership.... and that blind adherence to the whims and edicts of anti-christian "rulers" was never the intent......

and if you look at this way..... if patriots of the american revolution had been teaching romans 13 the way it is being taught in many churches today we would still be an english colony and the american revolution would have never happened...

it was also a government that people had no voice in and no vote with which to bring about changes.... .. americans on the other hand were allowed by God to establish a government where we choose our own leaders ...and were given the means to hold them accountable....... i believe God expects us to use that gift wisely and not just throw it away falling back on God to fix what we neglected to maintain....

however.... regarding romans 13... which has come up repeatedly and which i happen to believe is one of the most abused ad misapplied scriptures in the bible......... some believe paul was not writing about pagan roman overseers... but about obedience to christian leadership.... and that blind adherence to the whims and edicts of anti-christian "rulers" was never the intent......

and if you look at this way..... if patriots of the american revolution had been teaching romans 13 the way it is being taught in many churches today we would still be an english colony and the american revolution would have never happened...
This is obviously one of those subjects that is not able to be answered comprehensively with merely a sentence or two, and I ain't about to make one of those gargantuan-length sermons to do so <phwew, ain't ya glad 😁). But briefly, in the areas of agreement I have with what I perceive you to be saying is that we indeed do have a different form of government whereby we are free to elect those to represent out beliefs, and by the grace and mercy of God we should do that. Intricately related to that notion is our 1st amendment rights to freedom of speech (and consequently to freely dissent). I have no problem with disagreeing with people over matters of principle, goodness knows that is part of what makes this wonderful place called the FFF so long-lasting and interesting. Where I would encourage my Christian brethren, as in this case, is to disagree charitably (to "live peaceably with all men" if you will). There's no need IMNSHO to disparage a noble profession such as the police/sheriffs/patrolmen/etc by calling them "gangs" and imply that they are, as a unified body, doing the bidding of Joe Biden and the liberal elite. Or if we were to consider the other side of the coin I don't think it appropriate to claim that the right-wing side of the spectrum is fascist for trying to enforce the laws of the land as it pertains to the lewdness of public displays of the Drag-queen Story Hour crowd. To take it to a higher level of personal sensitivity on my part, I didn't like Bush 43's use of broad powers in instituting Homeland Security, and Snowden proved that to be a dangerous over-reach. I have no problems with exercising our right to call out error, but I think we are called to speak the truth in love, not just to the lost as it pertains to the state of their eternal souls. Well, that was the short version, so I'll stop there, before being sucked back into the vortex, lol.

There was no small amount of debate regarding this and Christians therefore fell on both sides of the argument and therefore found themselves on both sides of the Revolutionary War. What eventually won many over to the revolutionary side was the principle of "Lesser Magistrates." Men with power and authority of whom the "Future Citizens" of the United States would submit themselves to to fight off the "greater evil. The "Colonies" therefore formed their own government and fought a REGIMENTED war against their aggressor and prevailed.

I'm sorry, but looking at what is going on today, I see all this talk of "Patriotism" and "Militias" being little different from the zealots of Jesus's day who ultimately rebelled against the Roman forces and were massacred with the fall of Jerusalem. I may be wrong but I don't believe there is any record of Christians numbered with those taking their last stand at Masada!

God spoke through the Prophet Jeremiah saying that Nebuchadnezzar was coming and that Judaea would fall and be taken captive into Babylon. Of course this did not stop the "Patriots" who still believed that "God was on THEIR SIDE" to fight to the death but in their fight, were they not fighting against God?

Yes, the American Citizens have the second amendment right to bear arms in order to protect themselves from tyranny but seeing that we have largely REJECTED AND FORSAKEN GOD, have we not become the tyrants we swore to defend against by any means necessary?

Judgment must first begin with the House of God (1 Pet 4:17). Ponder what that means for a while. Remember also that if we judge ourselves, we will not be judged (1 Cor 11:31).

America will fall, and it will happen without a single shot being fired. We are on borrowed time.

Allow me to play devil's advocate for a bit...

What do you make of John MacArthur's defiance of LA County's ban on meeting as part of COVID related restrictions?

This is a multi-faceted issue and it illustrates the complexity of how and when we must take an Acts 5:29 stance.