Dolly's new song World on Fire

Yeah, it's her voice. She has a perfect voice for bluegrass.

I may be the only singularly heterosexual male in the world not particularly attracted to Dolly's other, er. feminine wiles, and I'm fine with that.
FWIW, well before I ever embraced fundy tendencies I thought her bimbo schtick was a distraction from her musical talents, not an <ahem> enhancement.

I may be the only singularly heterosexual male in the world not particularly attracted to Dolly's other, er. feminine wiles, and I'm fine with that.
Don't be too sure of that. Maybe we're both odd ducks in that regard but I too am fine with that. I have enough other shortcomings to more than make up for my lack in this area.

Well…I don’t mind being truthful and saying that I appreciate all of her talents. ☺️

I listened to that Huron song, and liked it. Like you, didn’t like the screeching lazy-finger sound on the guitar though.

Their genre is Indie Rock, some of which I’m okay with, mostly not. Definitely a far cry from Classic Country, but neither CC nor IR would be tolerable in a worship setting. Matter of fact, country music, which I generally have affinity for, is all too often used as a style in lots of Southern Gospel, and a quick turn-off to me.
here;s the way i see it..... there are microscopic bits of bugs.... dust... rat hairs.. and even worse.. in pretty much everything we eat..... it;s unavoidable. ... but when those things get larger and become visible to you while you are eating your meal.... or worse... if you actually bite into something and detect the unmistakable crunch of a bug or the foul taste of a cockroach in your mouth.... . how hungry do you have to be?... and how big do the bugs and hairs have to get?.... or how good does that meal have to taste other wise, for you to overlook all that and continue eating it?.........

to me hurons song is like eating a key lime pie and getting a slimy/crunchy piece of cockroach in every bite...(while watching other cockroaches crawl across the table)... i love key lime pie.... but i have my limitations.... and i don;t think i have ever been hungry enough to eat a pie like that... or that hungry for music, to endure what that song.. and other songs like it.. put me through...... it use to be a rare thing to hear in any kind of music... but today it;s happening continually in certain styles.. almost as if they are doing it on purpose...

If I had to vote, I’d say Patsy Cline had the greatest female country voice of all time. In the more modern era, I’d probably give the edge to Reba McEntire.

That being said, I can appreciate good music if I don’t think the singer is that talented. For example, IMO, Jimmy Buffett has a terrible voice, but I like his songs and most of them are “happy songs.”

well..... ..if i had to pick between country music and rap.... and i mean seriously forced to make a choice at gun point.... then i would pick country over rap - and i actually do like some folk music... but if the folk or country performer has poor finger discipline and slides his or her fingers on the guitar string.. rather than picking them up properly.... and makes that horrendous screeching sound between notes and chords*.. ..😖.. that some listeners... (long deprived of real music).. have actually started to accept as part of the music.. 😵‍💫.... then i guess i would just have to let them shoot me....:confused:

*the thing i;m talking about is the "musical" equivalent of hearing fingernails on a chalk board, ...very prevalent in certain styles and genres of "music" now days...(especially folk and country music).. - which is commonly inflicted on slightly inebriated patrons of clubs and bars that can;t afford an accomplished musician..

and i seriously don;t understand how anything so irritating to the nerves and ears... (which is nothing but a sign of lazy guitar playing and has caused many a hopeful classical guitarist to fail their auditions) ...could have actually made it;s way into modern record albums and soundtracks.. .... but it has.... ....... and unfortunately what usualy comes with it is an equally lazy style of singing that makes the singer sound as drunk as his or her audience, or 3 days without sleep.... .... but far more scary and troubling than the fact those 2 things are taking over music.. is the fact i;ve seen many people write reviews of songs flooded with them and declare they were beautiful ..soul stirring... and "emotionally uplifting pieces of work"... 😲 ....

it all makes me very thankful for premium noise cancelling head phones.. ..and equally thankful i own 2 pair of them in case one of them breaks.... ;)
In all fairness to rap, I’ll admit there are a few old school beats I like—not many, but a few. Some of the old stuff from Eminem, LL Cool J, Tupac, Bone Thugs n Harmony, etc. I’m not sure anything has been made in the 21st century I’d listen to for more than five seconds.

If I had to vote, I’d say Patsy Cline had the greatest female country voice of all time. In the more modern era, I’d probably give the edge to Reba McEntire.

That being said, I can appreciate good music if I don’t think the singer is that talented. For example, IMO, Jimmy Buffett has a terrible voice, but I like his songs and most of them are “happy songs.”
i don;t mind good music created by people who can;t sing... as long as they don;t....;).. ..but the problem i keep hearing when someone is playing country music is that very few of them can sing.... and yet everybody tries to....:confused:

i agree..... patsy cline had an awesome singing voice.... i really like the songs of hers i have heard..... .. and i really like the part reba mcintyre played in the movie tremors. too... 🙂

In all fairness to rap, I’ll admit there are a few old school beats I like—not many, but a few. Some of the old stuff from Eminem, LL Cool J, Tupac, Bone Thugs n Harmony, etc. I’m not sure anything has been made in the 21st century I’d listen to for more than five seconds.
and i fully support your right to continue liking some of the old school rap.... and to enjoy it at any time... any place... and at any volume you desire.....(y) .... just as long as that time, place, and volume are far away from my range of hearing...😜 🙃 ...or unless i get time to put my noise cancelling headphones on first.....:cool:🎧

i don;t mind good music created by people who can;t sing... as long as they don;t....;).. ..but the problem i keep hearing when someone is playing country music is that very few of them can sing.... and yet everybody tries to....:confused:

i agree..... patsy cline had an awesome singing voice.... i really like the songs of hers i have heard..... .. and i really like the part reba mcintyre played in the movie tremors. too... 🙂

and i fully support your right to continue liking some of the old school rap.... and to enjoy it at any time... any place... and at any volume you desire.....(y) .... just as long as that time, place, and volume are far away from my range of hearing...😜 🙃 ...or unless i get time to put my noise cancelling headphones on first.....:cool:🎧
There’s plenty of country music I can’t listen to. Some songs I listen to and the songs are so stupid I just can’t. The majority of what I like is from what they call the neoclassical era. Basically, it’s more modern country music that goes back to the roots of “real” country music.

As far as rap/hip hop goes, there are probably around ten songs I like, and that’s about it. Pretty much all of them are pre-21st century though.

Well…I don’t mind being truthful and saying that I appreciate all of her talents. ☺️
Sometimes I wish someone would pop those two balloons under her blouse and tell her to move on! LOL That's what my uncle used to say. He called her Double-Trouble Dolly!