Donald Trump

... so why use liberal arguments against those of us who are just voting strategically?
Because it is true. Basically it encapsulated the phenomenon that is played out in “Animal Farm”. My tribe matters more than the truth.

Y’all are funny. All het up over me pointing out a pretty obvious fact. Notice that no one has made any effort to refute the claim. Lots of self justification for supporting him or at least voting for him.

The OP said nothing about his candidacy, campaign or whether I support him. Reacting like I insulted your mother.

But my thesis that TDS lives within the hearts of both his foes and fans has been born out.

Thank you for your input.

You have a lot of loose ends to make a conclusion like that.

Y’all are funny. All het up over me pointing out a pretty obvious fact. Notice that no one has made any effort to refute the claim. Lots of self justification for supporting him or at least voting for him.

The OP said nothing about his candidacy, campaign or whether I support him. Reacting like I insulted your mother.

But my thesis that TDS lives within the hearts of both his foes and fans has been born out.

If your only contention is that stated in the OP, yes we agree he’s a vile and arrogant man, nobody is disagreeing with you. If it’s merely your claim that his moral character is pitiful then it’s not really worth discussing because he is indeed a turd. But that’s not all you’re stating. You’re saying that evangelicals shouldn’t vote for a man with his poor character. That’s a much less persuasive argument given the positive accomplishments of his policies.

I don't see Mr Trump as vile and disgusting. I do see the press saying that he is vile and disgusting . . . .and dishonest etc. And I'd be very careful before I believed everything I read . . .

I don't feel that you insulted my mother with your op. He wouldn't give me the time of day, if I came in his path. I don't have his money or fame and I'm not in his "circle". He'd probably mistake me for his butler - and ask me to bring him a sandwich or something. So, it doesn't upset me or make me mad when you or anyone else speaks your mind about him.

But I'll tell you what I see:

I see

A man who when challenged, won't back down but will instead come out with his fists up.
I like that.

A man who has never had a drink in his life OR a cigarette and who has instilled that in his children.
I like that.

A man who before politics, had a strong work ethic and one who instilled that in his children.
I like that.

A man who was and is an entrepreneur, having had many businesses some of which failed but who when they did, he got up and started over.
I like that.

A man who before the famous escalator ride, had many reports from others of good deeds done by him to others.
I like that. Many of the people that once spoke highly of him (blacks included) have turned on him as the heat has been turned up. But that's a reflection of their character, not his.

A man hated by the dishonest left because they know he can't be bribed!!!

But most of all, he's a man who is hated by the WORLD, seemingly, and by many good people such as you and others here and yet, he has never cowered or given up. With almost the entirely of the media against him, Hellywood against him and social media against him, he's held his head high and PERSERVERED.
I like that.

Yes, I've read that he's cheated people and stiffed contractors etc; that he cheated on his wives and paid hookers etc. Well, Soloman had 1000 women other than his wife, David and Moses murdered people, Paul persecuted Christians and yet their faults didn't keep them from doing good things as well. I choose to look at the positive things Mr Trump has done. And he'd done many positive things.

His tongue is a weakness of his, for sure. He'll turn on you in a heart beat if he feels threatened. He's certainly not perfect, but I don't see him as vile and disgusting but rather as a flawed human being (like you and me) with some bad traits but also, with some admirable ones as well (see above).

I would invite him to dinner.

But he wouldn't come.

I am anti incivility in the name of Christ.

When I was a new believer my pastor had a saying that our actions and decisions should never open the door for the world to blaspheme the name of Christ.

Mr. Trump has been given a pass with the blessing of evangelical leaders. The lost man is not able to discern the difference between overlooking the behavior of Donald Trump against the demonization of “them”. He is also not going to see the “nuance” of claiming to be seeking personal holiness while excusing ungodly behavior. Especially when it comes from a place of political expediency.

If I claim Christ and at the same time embrace an un Christ like spirit I have sullied the name of my Savior.
Have you ever tried to pray for Donald Trump or Joe Biden? I pray every day that God will change the hearts of our leaders. They are both lost men but you still have a responsibility

Donald Trump does have a streak of Mother Teresa in him. In 1986 he paid off a $300,000 mortgage to a widow whose husband committed suicide so she wouldn't lose the farm. How many Hollywood celebrities would do that for a complete stranger?

I don't see Mr Trump as vile and disgusting. I do see the press saying that he is vile and disgusting . . . .and dishonest etc. And I'd be very careful before I believed everything I read . . .

I don't feel that you insulted my mother with your op. He wouldn't give me the time of day, if I came in his path. I don't have his money or fame and I'm not in his "circle". He'd probably mistake me for his butler - and ask me to bring him a sandwich or something. So, it doesn't upset me or make me mad when you or anyone else speaks your mind about him.

I see

A man who when challenged, won't back down but will instead come out with his fists up.
I like that.

A man who has never had a drink in his life OR a cigarette and who has instilled that in his children.
I like that.

A man who before politics, had a strong work ethic and one who instilled that in his children.
I like that.

A man who was and is an entrepreneur, having had many businesses some of which failed but who when they did, he got up and started over.
I like that.

A man who before the famous escalator ride, had many reports from others of good deeds done by him to others.
I like that. Many of the people that once spoke highly of him (blacks included) have turned on him as the heat has been turned up. But that's a reflection of their character, not his.

But most of all, he's a man who is hated by the WORLD, seemingly, and by many good people such as you and others here and yet, he has never cowered or given up. With almost the entirely of the media against him, Hellywood against him and social media against him, he's held his head high and PERSERVERED.
I like that.

Yes, I've read that he's cheated people and stiffed contractors etc; that he cheated on his wives and paid hookers etc. Well, Soloman had 1000 women other than his wife, David and Moses murdered people, Paul persecuted Christians and yet their faults didn't keep them from doing good things as well. I choose to look at the positive things Mr Trump has done. And he'd done many positive things.

His tongue is a weakness of his, for sure. He'll turn on you in a heart beat if he feels threatened. He's certainly not perfect, but I don't see him as vile and disgusting but rather as a flawed human being (like you and me) with some bad traits but also, with some admirable ones as well (see above).

But he wouldn't come.
Good point. If you want to know the character of a man, look at his children.

To all the better than thou Christians who will vote against Mr Trump because of mean tweets and acting like a lost person and would never even think about praying for him much less give him a gospel tract if given the opportunity, they would rather vote for a communist regime who despises God and promotes everything that is perverted. This includes putting peaceful pro life demonstrators in prion using the FACE Act. I pray for God to change the hearts of our leaders every day and that includes President Biden.

I might add that the communist regime, I mean Biden administration will put an 87 year-old grandmother in prison for the rest of her life for political reasons. Former President Donald Trump also pledged last year to create a task force, if reelected, to review and potentially pardon or commute the sentences of every “political prisoner who’s been unjustly persecuted by the Biden administration.”

Last edited:

I see

I like that.

I like that.

I like that.

I like that.

I like that.

But he wouldn't come.
1000001376.gif

Over all, a solid post. I do see his personal foibles as disgusting, because one of the worst attributes a person can have is pride, and he has arrogance in spades. Having said that, it bears repeating as others have said, I ain't voting for a pastor, but a president. I remember when Obama first ran, all I heard was "look how presidential he is", and that charm factor was undoubtedly there, but I could not care less about that dung. All I want to know is what are they actually going to do to effectively represent the platform and policies that matter to me. At the top of my list, for decades, has been the protection of the unborn life in the womb. Trump delivered when so many other users/RINOS only gave lip service. I could go on, about the economy, international relations, not funding fake climate treaties, keeping hostile countries in check, a secure border, etc, etc, etc, but the bottom line is that Trump delivered on VERY important matters to me. I don't care if he is uncivil, or mean tweets. The government is an agent established by God to promote righteousness and protect us from evil (Rom 13), and Trump does that without a doubt with unmatched conservative success. Given what's on the other side of the aisle, well, we've seen what that progressive train wreck has given us. I'll hold my nose again, and vote for policies, not personalities.

I didn't say it did.

On the other hand, a Hobson's choice between Trash(R) and Trash(D) is such a justification. Recognizing a rigged game and refusing to play is a valid decision.
If we have no viable/preferable alternative to Biden, we could end up like Canada.
And, to have someone ruled by Justin Trudeau give us voting advice is rich in irony.

If we have no viable/preferable alternative to Biden, we could end up like Canada.
And, to have someone ruled by Justin Trudeau give us voting advice is rich in irony.
Will will end up like Canada (if we aren't already) not because of who we elect. Who we elect reflects who we already have become.

Much of the reason that the USA has fallen so fast is because we had already been falling for decades. The church being distracted by politics allowed her to walk away from, or at minimum neglect of, her primary purpose. The election choice of Donald Trump/Joe Biden is not the problem but a symptom of the problem. Americans (including the church) are a hedonistic, nihilistic, self-absorbed nation of adult children in search of fulfillment through any means but God.

America needs revival but it won't be through the ballot box. As someone said in an earlier post we are under God's judgement and He will start with the church. We are losing our children to the heresies of progressive christianity if not to outright apostasy. Have we not given any consideration to the idea that our mingling politics with the gospel has been part of the the cause? Are we not commanded to keep ourselves unspotted from the world? Is there anything more worldly that the political process? Remember when eating at a restaurant that served alcohol would destroy our testimony? That was proximity. Now we have gone full boat participation. "Libtard", "Feminazi", "Killary", "Lock Her Up". "Oblahblah", "Let's Go Brandon" - ad nauseum. Y'all think any of that pleases our Father? The fact that the church has allowed herself to be identified with these things is why the lost can't hear us when we do try to share the gospel. Shame on us.

Now we have gone full boat participation. "Libtard", "Feminazi", "Killary", "Lock Her Up". "Oblahblah", "Let's Go Brandon" - ad nauseum. Y'all think any of that pleases our Father?
I have never heard Franklin Graham or any other Christian leader use such language and you haven't either. Stop lying about it.

subli
Now we have gone full boat participation. "Libtard", "Feminazi", "Killary", "Lock Her Up". "Oblahblah", "Let's Go Brandon" - ad nauseum. Y'all think any of that pleases our Father?
I have never heard Franklin Graham or any other Christian leader use such language and you haven't either. Stop lying about it.
Recently, I have seen Christians berating other Christians (using liberal rags) calling them "Tribalists" having TSD.

Have we not given any consideration to the idea that our mingling politics with the gospel has been part of the the cause?
The Gospel informs politics. The commandment is to go into all nations, teaching them to obey Christ's commandments.

The church is more than Franklin Graham. I have seen these types of things here often. Are we not the church? Do we not have a responsibility before god for our words and actions?

Will will end up like Canada (if we aren't already) not because of who we elect. Who we elect reflects who we already have become.

Much of the reason that the USA has fallen so fast is because we had already been falling for decades. The church being distracted by politics allowed her to walk away from, or at minimum neglect of, her primary purpose. The election choice of Donald Trump/Joe Biden is not the problem but a symptom of the problem. Americans (including the church) are a hedonistic, nihilistic, self-absorbed nation of adult children in search of fulfillment through any means but God.

America needs revival but it won't be through the ballot box. As someone said in an earlier post we are under God's judgement and He will start with the church. We are losing our children to the heresies of progressive christianity if not to outright apostasy. Have we not given any consideration to the idea that our mingling politics with the gospel has been part of the the cause? Are we not commanded to keep ourselves unspotted from the world? Is there anything more worldly that the political process? Remember when eating at a restaurant that served alcohol would destroy our testimony? That was proximity. Now we have gone full boat participation. "Libtard", "Feminazi", "Killary", "Lock Her Up". "Oblahblah", "Let's Go Brandon" - ad nauseum. Y'all think any of that pleases our Father? The fact that the church has allowed herself to be identified with these things is why the lost can't hear us when we do try to share the gospel. Shame on us.
I don’t feel any shame, probably for the same reason that I don’t feel any personal shame over what Jack Schaap or Jimmy Swaggart did. And I am not going to stop going to church because of what Ted Haggard or Jim Bakker did. Neither am I going to stop quoting Martin Luther King Jr “be judged by the content of a man’s character, rather than the color skin” because I’m white, nor stop speaking out against abortion just because I’m merely a male.

Last edited:
subli

Recently, I have seen Christians berating other Christians (using liberal rags) calling them "Tribalists" having TSD.
Which further proves my point. The church is supposed to be representing our Father not a political party. I believe that is what I am doing.

BTW "Well they do it too" is not an excuse that any parent would accept for their child's bad behavior. Neither does God.

Last edited: