Dr. Evans

LongGone said:
sword said:
Teri in NC said:
Jo said:
I understand Joy Evans is very active in trying to get laws changed regarding the statute of limitations regarding victims of rape and/or clergy abuse.  I also believe she has not kept silent about Dave. See change.org.

Has Dr. Evans ever publicly addressed it?
Joy is active.  The non-profit she founded is www.outoftheshadows.today.
I believe Dr. Evans was attempting to protect his daughter at the time. It's my understanding he forced Dave's resignation and I assume his hope was that would put an end to it.

It hind sight I guess he should have known Dave would continue to be a predator, but hindsight is 20/20 and at the time his first priority was to protect his teen daughter. I wonder, faced with the same circumstances, if I would have acted the same way. On one hand the predator goes free, but on the other hand his daughter, the victim, was spared much of the shame and humiliation.

40 years later what do you expect him to do or say. It water under the bridge at this point.

Have you listened to the video on Joy's website? According to Joy...Dave raped her when she was 15. I am sorry but having someone resign and get sent to pastor another church is not protecting his daughter. The SOB Dave belonged in prison if what Joy is alleging is true.

No expectation that he will be doing anything today but he could be publicly supporting Joy's efforts rather than sitting in a pew and supporting the place that allowed his daughter to be raped without consequence. 

I loved Dr. Evans as a student but have zero respect for him today. God help anybody who hurt my children the way Dave hurt Joy.

Exactly!  Wendell didn't protect the rest of those girls & ladies that Dave preyed upon. So sending Dave somewhere else and watching Jack Frasure lie about his knowledge of his son's proclivities, is somehow admirable?  Not in my eyes. I would have ripped Dave and Jack's nuts off and resigned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Willis Athey said:
LongGone said:
sword said:
Teri in NC said:
Jo said:
I understand Joy Evans is very active in trying to get laws changed regarding the statute of limitations regarding victims of rape and/or clergy abuse.  I also believe she has not kept silent about Dave. See change.org.

Has Dr. Evans ever publicly addressed it?
Joy is active.  The non-profit she founded is www.outoftheshadows.today.
I believe Dr. Evans was attempting to protect his daughter at the time. It's my understanding he forced Dave's resignation and I assume his hope was that would put an end to it.

It hind sight I guess he should have known Dave would continue to be a predator, but hindsight is 20/20 and at the time his first priority was to protect his teen daughter. I wonder, faced with the same circumstances, if I would have acted the same way. On one hand the predator goes free, but on the other hand his daughter, the victim, was spared much of the shame and humiliation.

40 years later what do you expect him to do or say. It water under the bridge at this point.

Have you listened to the video on Joy's website? According to Joy...Dave raped her when she was 15. I am sorry but having someone resign and get sent to pastor another church is not protecting his daughter. The SOB Dave belonged in prison if what Joy is alleging is true.

No expectation that he will be doing anything today but he could be publicly supporting Joy's efforts rather than sitting in a pew and supporting the place that allowed his daughter to be raped without consequence. 

I loved Dr. Evans as a student but have zero respect for him today. God help anybody who hurt my children the way Dave hurt Joy.

Exactly!  Wendell didn't protect the rest of those girls & ladies that Dave preyed upon. So sending Dave somewhere else and watching Jack Frasure lie about his knowledge of his son's proclivities, is somehow admirable?  Not in my eyes. I would have ripped Dave and Jack's nuts off and resigned.

Yes, he  did wrong - but can we not have a small bit of sympathy?  His daughter was (reportedly) a little wild, and he probably didn't want to have her character assassinated by the master (JH).  Also, I'm not sure how old he was at a time, but if he was around 50, he may have been concerned about not finding any other job to support his family, especially if black-listed by JH. I know what he should have done, but there were doubtless great pressures upon him.

WESLEY said:
Baptist City Holdout said:
WESLEY said:
Does anyone know why Joy left the mission field?  Is she and her husband still together?

Just asking... it just seems like this was suppressed for 30 years, and wondering why all of a sudden it's coming to the surface.

I know... I'm about to be villified for even asking this...

There was no "behind the scenes" reason for them to come back to the states. All was well in the transfer of ministries.

SO -  she is still married, and she and Jeff are still in the ministry?

Yes and no.  As far as the surfacing now, I think some in psychology call it deflection with a lot of cognitive dissonance thrown in.

TidesofTruth said:
WESLEY said:
WESLEY said:
Does anyone know why Joy left the mission field?  Is she and her husband still together?

Just asking... it just seems like this was suppressed for 30 years, and wondering why all of a sudden it's coming to the surface.

There was no "behind the scenes" reason for them to come back to the states. All was well in the transfer of ministries.

Yes and no.  As far as the surfacing now, I think some in psychology call it deflection with a lot of cognitive dissonance thrown in.

Just surfacing now? Jackie Boy and Wendell were alerted to this abuse and did nothing. It's been known by most FBCH people for the past 35+ years.

Willis Athey said:
TidesofTruth said:
WESLEY said:
WESLEY said:

Just surfacing now? Jackie Boy and Wendell were alerted to this abuse and did nothing. It's been known by most FBCH people for the past 35+ years.

"Just asking... it just seems like this was suppressed for 30 years, and wondering why all of a sudden it's coming to the surface. - Wesley"

Just surfacing as in "just surfacing again now" after 30 years. 

TidesofTruth said:
Willis Athey said:
TidesofTruth said:
WESLEY said:
WESLEY said:

"Just asking... it just seems like this was suppressed for 30 years, and wondering why all of a sudden it's coming to the surface. - Wesley"

Every time there is a trigger, such as the death of one closely involved, this will be re-litigated and more info will be revealed as more people realize that they actually had suspicions that are now confirmed. For myself, I refused to even admit this was happening back in the '70s, although I did keep my children away from direct contact with Dave as I had an inclination into how dangerous he was. The Hyles house was off limits to my girls. I never allowed my children to spend the night at any church members house. I have never been sorry for making that a rule in my house.

As the years go by it has become obvious that the cover-up has caused more harm than open admissions of wrongdoing would have caused. Bro. Hyles was always so afraid of what would happen to his ministry.

In his final years when he closed the Saturday night meetings in the Adams chapel, he would choke up and softly say, "Fellas I want to thank-you for my ministry and your unfailing loyalty." Yes, I was one of the weak cowards and what I write here is my only available means of making amends as well as warning others of what has happened at FBCH in the last 50 years.

bgwilkinson said:
TidesofTruth said:
Willis Athey said:
TidesofTruth said:
WESLEY said:
WESLEY said:

Every time there is a trigger, such as the death of one closely involved, this will be re-litigated and more info will be revealed as more people realize that they actually had suspicions that are now confirmed. For myself, I refused to even admit this was happening back in the '70s, although I did keep my children away from direct contact with Dave as I had an inclination into how dangerous he was. The Hyles house was off limits to my girls. I never allowed my children to spend the night at any church members house. I have never been sorry for making that a rule in my house.

As the years go by it has become obvious that the cover-up has caused more harm than open admissions of wrongdoing would have caused. Bro. Hyles was always so afraid of what would happen to his ministry.

In his final years when he closed the Saturday night meetings in the Adams chapel, he would choke up and softly say, "Fellas I want to thank-you for my ministry and your unfailing loyalty." Yes, I was one of the weak cowards and what I write here is my only available means of making amends as well as warning others of what has happened at FBCH in the last 50 years.

True but in this case JER came around making noise because of deflection with a lot of cognitive dissonance thrown in.

TidesofTruth said:
bgwilkinson said:
TidesofTruth said:
Willis Athey said:
TidesofTruth said:
WESLEY said:
WESLEY said:

True but in this case JER came around making noise because of deflection with a lot of cognitive dissonance thrown in.

Easy for you to say, Tides. I'm assuming your daughter was never raped by Eddie Lapina. I imagine your attitude would be much different.

Willis Athey said:
TidesofTruth said:
bgwilkinson said:
TidesofTruth said:
Willis Athey said:
TidesofTruth said:
WESLEY said:
WESLEY said:

Easy for you to say, Tides. I'm assuming your daughter was never raped by Eddie Lapina. I imagine your attitude would be much different.

I already addressed this.  Feel free to read back.  And this has nothing to do with why it became a big deal again NOW.  That is the issue I was addressing in this post.

TidesofTruth said:
Willis Athey said:
TidesofTruth said:
bgwilkinson said:
TidesofTruth said:
Willis Athey said:
TidesofTruth said:
WESLEY said:
WESLEY said:

I already addressed this.  Feel free to read back.  And this has nothing to do with why it became a big deal again NOW.  That is the issue I was addressing in this post.

So you are a Doctor (not fake HAC one), and can diagnose Joy? This is getting rich. I don't have time to research your voluminous amount of BS on this forum. I can already tell you are one of the 100 percenters and I'm not even a doctor of psychiatry like you!  Ha!

Willis Athey said:
TidesofTruth said:
Willis Athey said:
TidesofTruth said:
bgwilkinson said:
TidesofTruth said:
Willis Athey said:
TidesofTruth said:
WESLEY said:
WESLEY said:

So you are a Doctor (not fake HAC one), and can diagnose Joy? This is getting rich. I don't have time to research your voluminous amount of BS on this forum. I can already tell you are one of the 100 percenters and I'm not even a doctor of psychiatry like you!  Ha!

Here going for the 100% insult is the same argument as resorting to calling someone a Nazi.  It means you have no argument.  Huge FAIL!

TidesofTruth said:
Willis Athey said:
TidesofTruth said:
Willis Athey said:
TidesofTruth said:
bgwilkinson said:
TidesofTruth said:
Willis Athey said:
TidesofTruth said:
WESLEY said:
WESLEY said:

Here going for the 100% insult is the same argument as resorting to calling someone a Nazi.  It means you have no argument.  Huge FAIL!

Nah, but when you blame the victim and question their motives for telling their story, it makes you seem like one of the trashy 100%ers from Hammond. FWIW, I used to be on the original FFF so nice try.

bgwilkinson said:
TidesofTruth said:
Willis Athey said:
TidesofTruth said:
WESLEY said:
WESLEY said:

I'm really glad you are here, BGWilkinson. Far too many remain silent until it's too late. I can tell just from reading some of your posts, that you are trying to give a more balanced view of things past and present at FBCH. Not everyone is wired to handle situations the same way--some are quick on the trigger and others are too slow. Not sure I'd classify you as a coward--I believe that Jack Frasure was brilliant and a master manipulator. He knew exactly what he was doing 3 times each week as he built his image and brainwashed his sheep. Don't be so hard on yourself, and continue to warn others and be a voice of reason there--God knows there aren't very many!

Either way, I'm enjoying seeing you offer your insight as someone that seems to be very well connected at FBCH.

Willis Athey said:
bgwilkinson said:
TidesofTruth said:
Willis Athey said:
TidesofTruth said:
WESLEY said:
WESLEY said:

I'm really glad you are here, BGWilkinson. Far too many remain silent until it's too late. I can tell just from reading some of your posts, that you are trying to give a more balanced view of things past and present at FBCH. Not everyone is wired to handle situations the same way--some are quick on the trigger and others are too slow. Not sure I'd classify you as a coward--I believe that Jack Frasure was brilliant and a master manipulator. He knew exactly what he was doing 3 times each week as he built his image and brainwashed his sheep. Don't be so hard on yourself, and continue to warn others and be a voice of reason there--God knows there aren't very many!

Either way, I'm enjoying seeing you offer your insight as someone that seems to be very well connected at FBCH.

I think you two should get a room....

qwerty said:
Willis Athey said:
bgwilkinson said:
TidesofTruth said:
Willis Athey said:
TidesofTruth said:
WESLEY said:
WESLEY said:

I think you two should get a room....

Grow up.

BGW was a deacon through it all, for over 30 year and said nothing. Through each and every scandal. Each and every coverup. Each and every miss use of money. Every undoctorinal sermon, every deacons meeting with yelling & bad language yet he said nothing and did nothing until Hyles was dead and Schapp was locked up. Now after 40 years he's the brave hero because he speaks out on this forum?

sword said:
BGW was a deacon through it all, for over 30 year and said nothing. Through each and every scandal. Each and every coverup. Each and every miss use of money. Every undoctorinal sermon, every deacons meeting with yelling & bad language yet he said nothing and did nothing until Hyles was dead and Schapp was locked up. Now after 40 years he's the brave hero because he speaks out on this forum?

I will extend grace to BGW in this matter. People have different personalities and there are different levels of "brainwashed" in my opinion. Mix in a splash of Stockholm Syndrome and you have a recipe for being duped.  I'm glad that BGW isn't just willing to let his focus on the past to paralyze him from speaking what he witnessed. I believe that hindsight is always 20/20 and it does take courage to admit you were fooled and possibly a "coward" at some point. We've all had situations where we didn't speak up and later wish we had--unfortunately Jack Frasure was one of the best at spinning and deflecting. He was a chip right off his mother's block!