Dreams About HAC/FBCH

I'm wondering if the bigger question here is why are ppl dreaming about their experience in a place we were at for a relatively brief period of our lives so very long ago? It has always been an ongoing quandary with me as to why 4 years in a place that is now nearly 40 years behind me still feels like a much larger part of my life's experience than just 4 years, and still impacts it more than much larger swaths of time after that?

I'm wondering if the bigger question here is why are ppl dreaming about their experience in a place we were at for a relatively brief period of our lives so very long ago? It has always been an ongoing quandary with me as to why 4 years in a place that is now nearly 40 years behind me still feels like a much larger part of my life's experience than just 4 years, and still impacts it more than much larger swaths of time after that?
The subconscious mind is amazing, isn't it? ;)

Because you allow it.
That makes a good point. As the years rolled by I really didn't allow it to consume me, but looked at it (and more so now) with more curiosity than anything else. The memories just seemed to run deeper, and I always wondered why.

Same with me. It was a tough four years, but a truly memorable time, mostly good. Kind of reminds me of my brief four years in the Air Force but even more impactful.

Your college years, much like your early elementary years and your years in the military if you served, had a much larger impact in molding who you are today than most other time periods. Many of your long held beliefs and opinions (good and bad) were likely formed or at lest settled during your college years. These are the years you make lasting friends and the years you meet your future spouse. Decisions on where you will live and what you will do for a living are also often made during this time. This applies to all colleges not just Christian college.

Your college years, much like your early elementary years and your years in the military if you served, had a much larger impact in molding who you are today than most other time periods. Many of your long held beliefs and opinions (good and bad) were likely formed or at lest settled during your college years. These are the years you make lasting friends and the years you meet your future spouse. Decisions on where you will live and what you will do for a living are also often made during this time. This applies to all colleges not just Christian college.
This is true. My wife and I ministered for years in Campus Ministry, and that was one of our major contentions. Students make life changing decisions, and determine their spouses, and many come to faith in Christ during this time. We saw many finally make the decision to be publicly baptized. They still keep in touch with us today, and thank us for guiding them in those crucial years.

This is true. My wife and I ministered for years in Campus Ministry, and that was one of our major contentions. Students make life changing decisions, and determine their spouses, and many come to faith in Christ during this time. We saw many finally make the decision to be publicly baptized. They still keep in touch with us today, and thank us for guiding them in those crucial years.
My niece and her husband used to work in Augusta, GA with Campus Crusade for Christ. They saw many university students come to know the Lord. My wife and I used to work with the college and career class of a local IFG church in Augusta in trying to reach students on and off campus. Very rewarding experience seeing so many come to know the Lord and surrender their lives to Christian service.

My niece and her husband used to work in Augusta, GA with Campus Crusade for Christ. They saw many university students come to know the Lord. My wife and I used to work with the college and career class of a local IFG church in Augusta in trying to reach students on and off campus. Very rewarding experience seeing so many come to know the Lord and surrender their lives to Christian service.
Campus Crusade for Christ witnessed to me when I was back at University. The Lord used them to plant seed in my heart.

I noticed over on "onlinebaptist" they were bashing this organization. Seems some sects of "Christianity" can do nothing but bash those who don't hold to every single position they hold to in doctrine, no matter how wrong and blinded they are! Go figure!

Hey, sword!
My dream is always about a man who came to Hammond because he was “ greatly influenced by Jack Hyles”:
I wake up screaming because he is molesting me in his office and no one can hear me screaming! I can’t get the strength to overpower him. In more recent years, when I dream it, I end the dream by murdering my attacker. Unfortunately, my dreams were/are a harsh reality. Jack Hyles knew and would do nothing. He also knew I wasn’t the first in Hammond. Hyles brought him there from a church where the pastor begged Hyles to help him with this guy. Hyles helped him alright. He helped him to a place where he could continue his preying on innocents. I have dreamed of murder, but I believe God is the one keeping score. That’s the kind of enabler Jack Hyles was. I wonder how he explained that to God?
I am so very sorry that happened to you. It's sad how most posters do not acknowledge that it even happened....ever. History has a way of repeating itself. I hope that you received some counseling to overcome your experience at a Christian college.(

I am so very sorry that happened to you. It's sad how most posters do not acknowledge that it even happened....ever. History has a way of repeating itself. I hope that you received some counseling to overcome your experience at a Christian college.(
I'm so sorry for what you went through.

Was he convicted and how many years did he get.

Child molesters tend to get what's coming to them in prision. Somehow the convicts always seem to know.

I'm sure you have shared this before, but I can't seem to remember.

• TRUTH!
Reactions: Jo
This wasn't a dream about FBC/HAC specifically, but it did involve me being a staff member at an unknown IFB church and the pastor totally picking apart everything I did. Nothing met his criteria. Nothing I did was sold out enough.

This could have to do with the fact that I will soon be in a series of meetings with a former pastor as the preacher. No details, just to say I could see it happening with him. Perhaps the dream was delayed shell shock from once being in the situation I was in in the dream.

God isn't there, where that Blasphemer went.

Every molested man dreams of murder.
Myself included.
That's how you get mass murderers...you molest a boy who is not a coward.
That's why all pedos and those who enable them, should be executed immediately following a fast and speedy trial...

Ecclesiastes 8:11 Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.