Duggars in trouble

Appropriate, adequate and artistic alliteration.

Family is doing a special on fix this wed to talk about it.

Binaca Chugger said:

FOX News is fair and balanced. They will ask only hard questions and root out the truth. Honest, they will.

But don't hold you breath. Just in case.

subllibrm said:
Binaca Chugger said:

FOX News is fair and balanced. They will ask only hard questions and root out the truth. Honest, they will.

Not sure what we are expecting.  Personally, I hurt for any family who would have to go through this.  To have it played out on national media would be even worse.  We will watch it to see what they have to say.  So far, everything has been reported by the tabloids, who, are the most credible source of information on alien activity on earth.  ::)

I am all for allowing restoration after repentance.  I am not at all about hiding a thing or refusing counsel or respect to young girls who have been violated.  However, there are many children and abusive family members who have been able to work through repentance, forgiveness and a restored relationship.  I guess we are hoping to hear of such a story.

Binaca Chugger said:
subllibrm said:
Binaca Chugger said:

Not sure what we are expecting.  Personally, I hurt for any family who would have to go through this.  To have it played out on national media would be even worse.  We will watch it to see what they have to say.  So far, everything has been reported by the tabloids, who, are the most credible source of information on alien activity on earth.  ::)

I am all for allowing restoration after repentance.  I am not at all about hiding a thing or refusing counsel or respect to young girls who have been violated.  However, there are many children and abusive family members who have been able to work through repentance, forgiveness and a restored relationship.  I guess we are hoping to hear of such a story.
This family is still actively abusing their children, as we know...so we aren't likely going to get "The truth" out of them.

The only truth that might be gleaned will come from the horses mouth, in other words, the victims themselves. Especially those who flew the coop

Biker said:
This family is still actively abusing their children, as we know...so we aren't likely going to get "The truth" out of them.

Just for conversation sake, how is this family abusing their children?

RAIDER said:
Biker said:

Blanket training.

RAIDER said:
Biker said:

My Mother in law who is severe Alzheimers likes the show. So I put it on sometimes.
The Mom told of how she cares for own children just the first 9-12 months or so of it's life.

Because by then, she's popped out another baby who needs care.  So all the children are assigned a buddy but this is no buddy. It is someone who takes on the caregiving responsibilities essentially raising that child. And as she spoke, it showed one very young tot was trying to assist another tot who looked just slightly younger. And this is in addition to their daily chores.

Biker said:
RAIDER said:
Biker said:

My Mother in law who is severe Alzheimers likes the show. So I put it on sometimes.
The Mom told of how she cares for own children just the first 9-12 months or so of it's life.

Because by then, she's popped out another baby who needs care.  So all the children are assigned a buddy but this is no buddy. It is someone who takes on the caregiving responsibilities essentially raising that child. And as she spoke, it showed one very young tot was trying to assist another tot who looked just slightly younger. And this is in addition to their daily chores.

Thank you.

AmazedbyGrace said:
Binaca Chugger said:
So far, everything has been reported by the tabloids, who, are the most credible source of information on alien activity on earth.  ::)

Not so. The 33 page police report has been released (well, published).
USA Today has posted a timeline:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2015/05/28/timeline-josh-duggar-19-kids-and-counting-tlc-sex-abuse-scandal/28066229/
This is a problem.  Why is noone concerened about the victims enough to not release this document?  Who violated the law to release a sealed court document revealing the names of not just a minor offender, but several minor victims?  Another question we ponder is why professional athletes can be convicted of abuse or even accomplice to murder, but they are paid millions to perform and given high accolades and honors?  is our society really this messed up?

Meanwhile,  Bruce Jenner is being hailed as a hero of civil rights.

Maybe this will be a discussion on how to heal after such events?

Binaca Chugger said:
AmazedbyGrace said:
Binaca Chugger said:
So far, everything has been reported by the tabloids, who, are the most credible source of information on alien activity on earth.  ::)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2015/05/28/timeline-josh-duggar-19-kids-and-counting-tlc-sex-abuse-scandal/28066229/
This is a problem.  Why is noone concerened about the victims enough to not release this document?  Who violated the law to release a sealed court document revealing the names of not just a minor offender, but several minor victims? Another question we ponder is why professional athletes can be convicted of abuse or even accomplice to murder, but they are paid millions to perform and given high accolades and honors?  is our society really this messed up?
I just skimmed it but didn't see any victims names identified. It appears they were blacked out by a Shorty Felt Tip Pen\
I read where the parents had Josh pray for his "wrong motives". They refused to acknowledge & teach how horrific his actions were.
They have no business being parents with all the abuse they perpetrated upon him.. and the other kids. And still do

Biker said:
Binaca Chugger said:
AmazedbyGrace said:
Binaca Chugger said:

This is a problem.  Why is noone concerened about the victims enough to not release this document?  Who violated the law to release a sealed court document revealing the names of not just a minor offender, but several minor victims? Another question we ponder is why professional athletes can be convicted of abuse or even accomplice to murder, but they are paid millions to perform and given high accolades and honors?  is our society really this messed up?
I just skimmed it but didn't see any victims names identified. It appears they were blacked out by a Shorty Felt Tip Pen\
I read where the parents had Josh pray for his "wrong motives". They refused to acknowledge & teach how horrific his actions were.
They have no business being parents with all the abuse they perpetrated upon him.. and the other kids. And still do

A sealed court document is supposed to be just that - sealed.  A minor is never to have his name revealed, whether he is perpetrator or victim.    Apparently, the document gives the age of the victims who are his siblings, which, in essence, gives the names of the victims.  There is an awful lot of explaining that needs to be done by the group that released this information.  Someone broke the law by releasing this information and should be held accountable.  Victims of abuse should not have to endure public humiliation by the nation.

If you watch the show, you would know a little more about the "Buddy System."  Personally, I don't like it, but I do understand it.  Michelle seems very uninvolved with the daily life of her kids.  However, I would not call this abuse.  You apparently saw one portion of one episode.  Keep in mind that they have older children who are old enough to be parents.  The oldest children each have a group of buddies for whom they are responsible.  They are not the sole caregivers, but have a group of siblings that they help get ready and keep track of when they go out.  I would hardly classify this as abuse.

Josh Duggar apparently committed a crime several times against several people.  He needed correction and counsel that did not happen.  As a society, we can look to this situation and ponder what we would have done in our own home at the first occurrence.  I am not sure my first response would be to take my son to jail, maybe, but I am not sure.  At some point, they did send him away, get counsel and report to a police officer.  If the police officer failed to report, more time should be added to his sentence.  Maybe the counselor did a horrible job, but I am not going to deny people the right to get Biblical counsel.

At any rate, the family seems to have gone through a period of confession, repentance, forgiveness and restoration.  As Christians, this is what we would desire of any criminal guilty of any crime.  Personally, I hope this is the theme of the interview tomorrow.

I still ponder why this is receiving this press, while Floyd Mayweather is considered a superstar, Ray Rice is promoted as a great man of character, Jaimous Winston will be the #1 draft pick and Adrian Peterson is earning millions.  Our society promotes forgiveness for these people.....Are the Duggars not allowed to talk about a process of Christian forgiveness?

On the other hand, beating your infant because they have a natural curiosity couldn't be classified as anything but abuse.

rsc2a said:
On the other hand, beating your infant because they have a natural curiosity couldn't be classified as anything but abuse.
Is there a point?