Duggars in trouble

Since the Duggars promote this evil practice, I thought it was relevant.

rsc2a said:
Since the Duggars promote this evil practice, I thought it was relevant.
I didn't know of this event.  Can you fill me in?

http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/p/faqs.html?m=1

Binaca Chugger said:
I still ponder why this is receiving this press, while Floyd Mayweather is considered a superstar, Ray Rice is promoted as a great man of character, Jaimous Winston will be the #1 draft pick and Adrian Peterson is earning millions.  Our society promotes forgiveness for these people.....Are the Duggars not allowed to talk about a process of Christian forgiveness?

The same reason Bruce Jenner is being applauded for having the bravery to show the world who he really is.... and Tim Tebow was being ridiculed for having the bravery to show the world who he really is...

Binaca Chugger said:
rsc2a said:
On the other hand, beating your infant because they have a natural curiosity couldn't be classified as anything but abuse.
Is there a point?
You have made a harsh accusation and provided a weblink as support, which does not support your accusation.  I could not find anything in the link you provided about beating.  Remember this line?  "Thou shalt not bear false witness."

qwerty said:
Binaca Chugger said:
I still ponder why this is receiving this press, while Floyd Mayweather is considered a superstar, Ray Rice is promoted as a great man of character, Jaimous Winston will be the #1 draft pick and Adrian Peterson is earning millions.  Our society promotes forgiveness for these people.....Are the Duggars not allowed to talk about a process of Christian forgiveness?

The same reason Bruce Jenner is being applauded for having the bravery to show the world who he really is.... and Tim Tebow was being ridiculed for having the bravery to show the world who he really is...
Exactly.

Question 2 on blanket training. You know what blanket training is?

rsc2a said:

I would guess that different people do this in different manners.  This is their statement.  I think it unfair to assume your experience upon them.

From their site:

Q: What is blanket training?
A:  Starting when her children are toddlers, Michelle teaches them to play quietly with a single toy for short periods of time, often while sitting on a blanket. Blanket training teaches small children to exercise self-control in any situation (with or without a blanket). As the kids grow older, Michelle begins training them to sit quietly without a toy. Click here to read more about the process Michelle uses to teach her 19 kids to be "quiet and still."

Quiet and Still: Teaching Self-Control
To instill self-control in her children--especially her energetic little boys--Michelle uses a process that she calls Quite and Still (similar to Blanket Training, but without the toy). From the time they are young, the mother of many teaches her kids to sit quietly and slowly increases the length of time.

"It's not waiting until they do something wrong to correct them, but actually taking moments to train them," explains Michelle in our July 2011 interview. She recommends starting with increments of five minutes. 

Here's how it works:

"I'll sit him in a chair, and I'll say, 'Okay, Mommy's going to sit beside you, and you're going to practice being still and quiet...yes ma'am?'...We may do that two or three times a day for about a week, and usually they catch it."

"What they're learning is self-control. (Click here for the Duggars' list of character qualities)...They're learning to obey Mommy's voice." One of Michelle's favorite mantras is "The first time I say it, you obey it."

"Then it can be transferred to when you're in the grocery store and they're sitting in the cart....They can learn to do that wherever they are because it's trained in their little hearts."

Michelle also stresses the importance of pouring out the praise. She and Jim Bob believe that one of the most vital parenting tips is to "praise your children ten times more than you correct them."

"So take your six month old and be ready to go at them with a ruler when they start to crawl. Better yet, put something they want just put of reach, tell them 'no', then them snack them when they reach for it."

Granted Mike Pearl suggests a 1/2"plastic pipe instead of a ruler.

Binaca Chugger said:
rsc2a said:

I would guess that different people do this in different manners.  T[his is their statement.  I think it unfair to assume your experience upon them.
I can almost guarantee you rsc2a has no experience in abusing his children through blanket training or in any other manner. And I am not real happy about his post to me just now.  But this is really out there. You must be a hacker.OR  KJVO at the very least

Binaca Chugger said:
AmazedbyGrace said:
Binaca Chugger said:
So far, everything has been reported by the tabloids, who, are the most credible source of information on alien activity on earth.  ::)

Not so. The 33 page police report has been released (well, published).
USA Today has posted a timeline:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2015/05/28/timeline-josh-duggar-19-kids-and-counting-tlc-sex-abuse-scandal/28066229/
This is a problem.  Why is noone concerened about the victims enough to not release this document?  Who violated the law to release a sealed court document revealing the names of not just a minor offender, but several minor victims?  Another question we ponder is why professional athletes can be convicted of abuse or even accomplice to murder, but they are paid millions to perform and given high accolades and honors?  is our society really this messed up?

It was obtained via the Freedom of Information Act...

Honey Badger said:
Binaca Chugger said:
AmazedbyGrace said:
Binaca Chugger said:
So far, everything has been reported by the tabloids, who, are the most credible source of information on alien activity on earth.  ::)

Not so. The 33 page police report has been released (well, published).
USA Today has posted a timeline:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2015/05/28/timeline-josh-duggar-19-kids-and-counting-tlc-sex-abuse-scandal/28066229/
This is a problem.  Why is noone concerened about the victims enough to not release this document?  Who violated the law to release a sealed court document revealing the names of not just a minor offender, but several minor victims?  Another question we ponder is why professional athletes can be convicted of abuse or even accomplice to murder, but they are paid millions to perform and given high accolades and honors?  is our society really this messed up?

It was obtained via the Freedom of Information Act...

FOIA requests do not supersede laws or orders of the court.  Juvenile information, and victims of sex crimes should be redacted; if it was supposed to be a sealed, FOIA requests can not "unseal" a case. The request must be plead before the court and that takes months/years. The request to unseal Michael Brown (of Ferguson fame), has yet to be assigned a court date to have his juvenile record unsealed, but has had an initial hearing.

Someone, somewhere messed up, but most likely it will go practically unnoticed since it involves "Christians" and even greater than that, it involves "Fundamental Christians".

Be assured, if a FOIA request revealed Schaap's victim's name, Massi and her imps would be hell bent for leather out to make the world known what happened, and the do-right crowd (if they even classify as a crowd anymore) would be posting on Facebook like madmen rallying their troops from their parent's basement.

rsc2a said:
"So take your six month old and be ready to go at them with a ruler when they start to crawl. Better yet, put something they want just put of reach, tell them 'no', then them snack them when they reach for it."

The Pearls are quacks.  No argument there.  Please, nobody should do what is written above.  That is abuse.

However, different people might use the term, but apply it differently.  If you read their statement, and follow their story enough to know their character, it is unfair to assume they use this expressed tactic.  They state the necessity of leading by example and love.  Personally, I question if the actually do it very much.  Their little ones are a little out of control quite often.

Again, I think it is unfair to assign your experiences with one group of quacks to people who state and represent something different.

Biker said:
Binaca Chugger said:
rsc2a said:

I would guess that different people do this in different manners.  T[his is their statement.  I think it unfair to assume your experience upon them.
I can almost guarantee you rsc2a has no experience in abusing his children through blanket training or in any other manner. And I am not real happy about his post to me just now.  But this is really out there. You must be a hacker.OR  KJVO at the very least

I did not intend to accuse anyone of such acts.  By experience, I meant dealings with anyone who practiced a different version of  blanket training.  As I just posted, the Pearl's are quacks.  It is always unfair to assume your experiences upon someone else - this is the practice of prejudice.  Each case must be tried independently of another.

Calling me a HACker, or KJVO because I believe you should not judge people's actions and motives based solely upon your past experiences is a rather ignorant remark of what a HACker or KJVO is.

Binaca Chugger said:
rsc2a said:

The Pearls are quacks.  No argument there.  Please, nobody should do what is written above.  That is abuse.

However, different people might use the term, but apply it differently.  If you read their statement, and follow their story enough to know their character, it is unfair to assume they use this expressed tactic.  They state the necessity of leading by example and love.  Personally, I question if the actually do it very much.  Their little ones are a little out of control quite often.

Again, I think it is unfair to assign your experiences with one group of quacks to people who state and represent something different.

Blanket training involves smacking a small child for moving. The Duggers have stated their preferred instrument of pain is a ruler.

The entire method is based on fear, not respect. "If I move from here, they will hit me."

rsc2a said:
Binaca Chugger said:
rsc2a said:

Blanket training involves smacking a small child for moving. The Duggers have stated their preferred instrument of pain is a ruler.

The entire method is based on fear, not respect. "If I move from here, they will hit me."
I have not heard them state they incorporate ruler slapping.  Their official statement I posted states the opposite.  Even if most people who do blanket training incorporate slapping, that doesn't mean everyone does.  I will have to ask my girls about it.  They have seen every episode and read both books.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=duggar+blanket+training+ruler

rsc2a said:

Still, there is no conclusive evidence that they beat their children while blanket training.  A few angry ranters claim she told them one time that they do, but, we can't believe everything anyone writes on the internet, can we?  Over the years, she has maintained the same line: Stern correction.  That is hardly child abuse.

I might state that I learned to play forward from watching Luiz Suarez.  But, that doesn't mean I must be biting people.

Nope. They just promoted Pearl's handbook on how to beat your children.

http://web.archive.org/web/20141020015305/http://www.duggarfamily.com/content/amazon_blitz

Granted, Mike was kind enough to return the favour and promote their book.

Of course when asked if she used corporal punishment during this 'training', Mrs. Duggar spent 700-800 words to avoid saying either 'yes' or 'no'.

But keep whistling to avoid looking at the headstones.

rsc2a said:
Nope. They just promoted Pearl's handbook on how to beat your children.

http://web.archive.org/web/20141020015305/http://www.duggarfamily.com/content/amazon_blitz

Granted, Mike was kind enough to return the favour and promote their book.

Of course when asked if she used corporal punishment during this 'training', Mrs. Duggar spent 700-800 words to avoid saying either 'yes' or 'no'.

But keep whistling to avoid looking at the headstones.

Like you when asked how do you know what you know about Jesus and our salvation?  :)