Duggars in trouble

Tarheel Baptist said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
rsc2a said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
rsc2a said:
No. It is through Jesus that we have a relationship with God.

How do you/we know that to be true?

rsc2a said:
Lots of ways.

Creation. The Spirit speaking to me. The witness of the community of faith. The written testimony of the earthly saints (including scripture). Do I need to continue?

The problem with the sola scriptura folks is that they don't even believe it to be true.

Now, how do you know...really...not drivel and clichés, but a substantive answer....oh beloved, obtuse, dodging one?

I'm sure he can't give an answer you agree with because asking his pastor is not an option for him. ;)

Ask your Pastor.... ;)

Which one?

Tarheel Baptist said:
rsc2a said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
rsc2a said:
I count four/five answers there. Since I refuse to believe you are stupid, it seems clear that you habitually lie and refuse to admit error.

Does your mother know you're so dense?

Dense - And if someone calls you dense, they think nothing can get into your thick skull. Dense comes from the Latin densus which means thick and cloudy. In general, the word means packed tight and gives the sense that something is difficult to get through.
Again you disqualify yourself.

I know I have a reputation here for being a difficult ass who has abandoned orthodoxy (and, by orthodoxy, I mean conservatism). Someone who expects people to mean what they actually write and who readily points out others inconsistencies and hypocrisy.

But I'd rather have that reputation than be recognized as a known liar who refuses to admit mistakes and frequently resorts to derogatory personal attacks and name calling.

Says the beloved man who called me a liar!
Again, the irony!
Yes. After showing where you clearly and deliberately made false statements in order to diminish the character of another, I called you a liar.

Now, if you were willing to admit your mischaracterization, I would retract my statement but your history of refusal to admit error even when clearly wrong leaves me doubtful.

Watching the special now.  I am trying to be objective, but don't know what anyone could expect different from the family.

I am still bothered that the report was illegally leaked to the tabloids.  Where is the privacy and respect of the victim?  Those most against the abuse of improper touching should be the biggest supporter of the victim.  Releasing this story requires someone who has no respect for victims.  A truly disgusting person.

I am not an attorney, nor do I pretend to be one on TV...

There has been some research done on the Arkansas statues involving the FOIA on another site. It seems a police report is public record unless sealed by the court. Because JimBob thought it best not to involve the court, and the police report was taken after the statute of limitations had expired, it was not made an exception to the FOIA.

IOW, had the case gone though the juvenile court system as it should have, a judge would have ordered the documents sealed.

In trying to protect Josh against the consequences of his crimes, they opened him up to public disclosure....and their daughters' abuse made public.

The organizations releasing this obviously cares nothing about victims.

The Duggars obviously care nothing about abusing children.

r2:
Yes. After showing where you clearly and deliberately made false statements in order to diminish the character of another, I called you a liar.

Now, if you were willing to admit your mischaracterization, I would retract my statement but your history of refusal to admit error even when clearly wrong leaves me doubtful.

According to your logic, I made false statements because:
I said your answer was a non-answer...it contained no substance.
I said you were doing, in essence, what you accuse the Duggars of doing....evading and giving no substantive answer.

Is that it, or am I missing something?

Back to the issue that stared your changing the subject illusions....you know that Jesus is the only way man comes to God because of God's revealed word...the Bible. Now, is that so difficult?

Did you miss Ransom's post which also showed the ludicrous nature of your non-argument?

Binaca Chugger said:
Watching the special now.  I am trying to be objective, but don't know what anyone could expect different from the family.

I am still bothered that the report was illegally leaked to the tabloids.  Where is the privacy and respect of the victim?  Those most against the abuse of improper touching should be the biggest supporter of the victim.  Releasing this story requires someone who has no respect for victims.  A truly disgusting person.

I also watched and agree with you.
Releasing the records was illegal, not to mention vindictive.
If the Duggars were transgenderd victims, the press would be all over the releasing of the documents thus further harming the victims. The hypocrisy of the left and the lame-stream media is once again on display.

Tarheel Baptist said:
r2:

I said you were doing, in essence, what you accuse the Duggars of doing....evading and giving no substantive answer.

Yes, you are missing quite a bit.

[quote author=Tarheel Baptist]Back to the issue that stared your changing the subject illusions....you know that Jesus is the only way man comes to God because of God's revealed word...the Bible. Now, is that so difficult?[/quote]

That's one of the ways, yes. In fact, I mentioned it.

The issue appears to be that you are quick to completely discount another's viewpoint when you don't agree with it. Granted, it's a typical problem with extremism..

If you'd like, I can provide loads of citations showing each of those other ways from those Scriptures that you seem to think offer salvation. Scratch that. Tons of verses have already been provided that you conveniently ignore so I'm not even going to waste my time arguing the point with an ideologue with a habit of spreading lies.

[quote author=Tarheel Baptist]Did you miss Ransom's post which also showed the ludicrous nature of your non-argument?[/quote]

Nope. Haven't missed anything.

rsc2a said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
r2:

Yes, you are missing quite a bit.

[quote author=Tarheel Baptist]Back to the issue that stared your changing the subject illusions....you know that Jesus is the only way man comes to God because of God's revealed word...the Bible. Now, is that so difficult?

That's one of the ways, yes. In fact, I mentioned it.

The issue appears to be that you are quick to completely discount another's viewpoint when you don't agree with it. Granted, it's a typical problem with extremism..

If you'd like, I can provide loads of citations showing each of those other ways from those Scriptures that you seem to think offer salvation. Scratch that. Tons of verses have already been provided that you conveniently ignore so I'm not even going to waste my time arguing the point with an ideologue with a habit of spreading lies.

[quote author=Tarheel Baptist]Did you miss Ransom's post which also showed the ludicrous nature of your non-argument?[/quote]

Nope. Haven't missed anything.
[/quote]

Pointing out the weakness of your arguments is hardly 'spreading lies'..to be continually accused of such by you is once again filled with irony!

You know because of God's revealed Word...the rest is window dressing and confirmation of what He chose to reveal in His word.

And, you missed much, but I'm sure it was on purpose....Oh dense one!

qwerty said:
Honey Badger said:
Binaca Chugger said:
AmazedbyGrace said:
Binaca Chugger said:
So far, everything has been reported by the tabloids, who, are the most credible source of information on alien activity on earth.  ::)

Not so. The 33 page police report has been released (well, published).
USA Today has posted a timeline:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2015/05/28/timeline-josh-duggar-19-kids-and-counting-tlc-sex-abuse-scandal/28066229/
This is a problem.  Why is noone concerened about the victims enough to not release this document?  Who violated the law to release a sealed court document revealing the names of not just a minor offender, but several minor victims?  Another question we ponder is why professional athletes can be convicted of abuse or even accomplice to murder, but they are paid millions to perform and given high accolades and honors?  is our society really this messed up?

It was obtained via the Freedom of Information Act...

FOIA requests do not supersede laws or orders of the court.  Juvenile information, and victims of sex crimes should be redacted; if it was supposed to be a sealed, FOIA requests can not "unseal" a case. The request must be plead before the court and that takes months/years. The request to unseal Michael Brown (of Ferguson fame), has yet to be assigned a court date to have his juvenile record unsealed, but has had an initial hearing.

Someone, somewhere messed up, but most likely it will go practically unnoticed since it involves "Christians" and even greater than that, it involves "Fundamental Christians".

Be assured, if a FOIA request revealed Schaap's victim's name, Massi and her imps would be hell bent for leather out to make the world known what happened, and the do-right crowd (if they even classify as a crowd anymore) would be posting on Facebook like madmen rallying their troops from their parent's basement.

The police report was not sealed.  The report was made after the statute of limitations was up and never made it to court or a judge. In Touch magazine obtained the police report via FOIA on May 18.

Honey Badger said:

Point 1:
- We compiled 50 pages of court documentation, but never knew it went to court.
- We didn't know if we should release information or protect underage victims.  IOW, we don't know the law.
- We learned from news reports that the judge had previously ordered records to be destroyed.
Point 2:
- InTouch Magazine used a private citizen and a law firm to request this information.
- Apparently the Sheriff's office has no problem violating the protection of underage victims to private citizens, but would not have violated the protection of underage victims to a magazine.  IOW, we know this is wrong, but didn't think is would matter if it was just a normal citizen instead of a magazine.
Point 3:
- A lawyer asked us to break the law.  We HAD to comply.
Point 4:
- We complied 50 pages of information.  We had no clue what any of it stated.  Do you expect us to read?  Don't you know this is Arkansas?  We are cops, not high school graduates!
- We used a black pen to color out the names of the victims.  Yes, we gave the last names and their ages, but, what more do you want? 

Binaca Chugger said:
Honey Badger said:

Point 1:
- We compiled 50 pages of court documentation, but never knew it went to court.
- We didn't know if we should release information or protect underage victims.  IOW, we don't know the law.
- We learned from news reports that the judge had previously ordered records to be destroyed.
Point 2:
- InTouch Magazine used a private citizen and a law firm to request this information.
- Apparently the Sheriff's office has no problem violating the protection of underage victims to private citizens, but would not have violated the protection of underage victims to a magazine.  IOW, we know this is wrong, but didn't think is would matter if it was just a normal citizen instead of a magazine.
Point 3:
- A lawyer asked us to break the law.  We HAD to comply.
Point 4:
- We complied 50 pages of information.  We had no clue what any of it stated.  Do you expect us to read?  Don't you know this is Arkansas?  We are cops, not high school graduates!
- We used a black pen to color out the names of the victims.  Yes, we gave the last names and their ages, but, what more do you want?

I cry foul play at hand.  This statement from the Sheriff's office wreaks of a poor attempt to shift blame anywhere else.

Look, if the press was discussing the fact that Josh Duggar had been in trouble for improper touching of underage girls when he was 14 - AND LEFT IT THERE - I would be fine with it.  However, they went on to state the names of the victims.  This is not about stopping crime or having a conversation about what to do when it happens.  This is not about helping victims or woman's rights.  This is about further hurting people who have been hurt which is disgusting.  Editors of InTouch must be absolutely disgusting people without a shred of human decency to release the information of the victims.  The national press who want to know about the victims rather than allowing them to heal are truly sick.

Josh Duggar / Bruce Jenner

Ox goring 101

My 0.02 worth...

They are not being persecuted for their faith.

Bill