Duggars in trouble

Billy said:
My 0.02 worth...

They are not being persecuted for their faith.

Bill
But the party line!

Billy said:
My 0.02 worth...

Bill

I would say the exact opposite...if they were not professed Christians, the mainstream press would be assailing the fact that the victims were being victimized again by releasing of the records.
Stevie Wonder can see that....  :)

Billy said:
My 0.02 worth...

Bill
You stated earlier that you do not care. 

Liar.

Binaca Chugger said:
Billy said:
My 0.02 worth...

Bill

Liar.
You still haven't told us why you are so supportive of a brand (i.e. the Duggars) that promotes the willful abuse of children.

Tarheel Baptist said:
Billy said:
My 0.02 worth...

Bill

I would say the exact opposite...if they were not professed Christians, the mainstream press would be assailing the fact that the victims were being victimized again by releasing of the records.

So is Bruce Jenner being persecuted by the (non)mainstream press? Plenty of negative, nastiness being directed at  him in that part of the marketplace of ideas.

Gored ox, its whats for dinner.

Binaca Chugger said:
Billy said:
My 0.02 worth...

Bill

Liar.

I did say that...but now I mean it.

Tarheel Baptist said:
Billy said:
My 0.02 worth...

Bill

I would say it's because of the way they have presented themselves while hiding what most of us believed would come out at a later date via a tell all book by one of the older married daughters...which will still happen after the cameras are turned off.

Bill

Why wasn't Josh interviewed?

Two of the girls have been interviewed...

Why are they hiding Josh?

Bill

subllibrm said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Billy said:
My 0.02 worth...

Bill

So is Bruce Jenner being persecuted by the (non)mainstream press? Plenty of negative, nastiness being directed at  him in that part of the marketplace of ideas.

The mainstream press has been overwhelmingly supportive of Jenner....calling him brave and courageous.
The evangelical blogs have also been muted in their response...even calling on fellow evangelicals to be careful in how they respond to him on social media...which is fine by me.

As to the Duggars, I have never watched an episode, although I know someone who is a close friend of theirs. I think they are extreme, at least in many areas and their lifestyle and personal convictions have very little appeal to me. But, the response in the mainstream has been as you say goring their oxen...even this victim opsessed culture has no support for them, in fact has continually victimized them over and over again.

The same goes for their critics here....some people seemingly cannot tolerate anyone with a conviction or standard.
But, that's just IMO!

That's right. I forgot you can have a larger market share than all your other competitors combined and not be mainstream.

Josh was not a minor when the police report was filed. If he were a minor, it would have been sealed. Not a minor, no judge, open report-anyone can obtain.

rsc2a said:
That's right. I forgot you can have a larger market share than all your other competitors combined and not be mainstream.

Huh?

Tarheel Baptist said:
subllibrm said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Billy said:
My 0.02 worth...

Bill

The mainstream press has been overwhelmingly supportive of Jenner....calling him brave and courageous.
The evangelical blogs have also been muted in their response...even calling on fellow evangelicals to be careful in how they respond to him on social media...which is fine by me.

As to the Duggars, I have never watched an episode, although I know someone who is a close friend of theirs. I think they are extreme, at least in many areas and their lifestyle and personal convictions have very little appeal to me. But, the response in the mainstream has been as you say goring their oxen...even this victim opsessed culture has no support for them, in fact has continually victimized them over and over again.

The same goes for their critics here....some people seemingly cannot tolerate anyone with a conviction or standard.
But, that's just IMO!

The counterpoint to the "mainstream press" is now evangelical blogs? Who knew?

No muting on FB from all of my Rush/FOX friends. Why does their ox goring not count?

No true scotsman does it again.

Tarheel Baptist said:
rsc2a said:

Huh?

Really? Did you forget already that it is FOX News against the world?  ;)

Quote from: Honey Badger

Quote from: qwerty on June 03, 2015, 02:04:10 AM

Quote from: Honey Badger on June 02, 2015, 07:22:13 PM

Quote from: Binaca Chugger on June 01, 2015, 05:01:19 PM

Quote from: AmazedbyGrace on June 01, 2015, 03:46:48 PM

Quote from: Binaca Chugger on June 01, 2015, 03:10:18 AM

So far, everything has been reported by the tabloids, who, are the most credible source of information on alien activity on earth.   ::)
Not so. The 33 page police report has been released (well, published).
USA Today has posted a timeline:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2015/05/28/timeline-josh-duggar-19-kids-and-counting-tlc-sex-abuse-scandal/28066229/

This is a problem.  Why is noone concerened about the victims enough to not release this document?  Who violated the law to release a sealed court document revealing the names of not just a minor offender, but several minor victims?  Another question we ponder is why professional athletes can be convicted of abuse or even accomplice to murder, but they are paid millions to perform and given high accolades and honors?  is our society really this messed up?

It was obtained via the Freedom of Information Act...

FOIA requests do not supersede laws or orders of the court.  Juvenile information, and victims of sex crimes should be redacted; if it was supposed to be a sealed, FOIA requests can not "unseal" a case. The request must be plead before the court and that takes months/years. The request to unseal Michael Brown (of Ferguson fame), has yet to be assigned a court date to have his juvenile record unsealed, but has had an initial hearing.

Someone, somewhere messed up, but most likely it will go practically unnoticed since it involves "Christians" and even greater than that, it involves "Fundamental Christians".

Be assured, if a FOIA request revealed Schaap's victim's name, Massi and her imps would be hell bent for leather out to make the world known what happened, and the do-right crowd (if they even classify as a crowd anymore) would be posting on Facebook like madmen rallying their troops from their parent's basement.

The police report was not sealed.  The report was made after the statute of limitations was up and never made it to court or a judge. In Touch magazine obtained the police report via FOIA on May 18.

Their gibberish and half-assed attempt at covering their tracks just makes them appear more inept.  They broke the law by revealing identifying information about a victim(s) of a sex crime, sealed or not. The poorly redacted report provides enough identifying information of the victim. 

Arkansas Juvenile Code 9-27-309
Records of the arrest of a juvenile, the detention of a juvenile, and the proceedings under this subchapter shall be confidential and shall not be subject to disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act of 1967

Arkansas 16-90-1104 – Nondisclosure of information about victim
(b) A law enforcement agency shall not disclose to the public information directly or indirectly
identifying the victim of a sex crime except to the extent that disclosure is of the site of thecrime, is required by law, is necessary for law enforcement purposes, or is permitted by the court for good cause.

One would be hard-pressed to find a state without a similar law on the books.

rsc2a said:

We've been down this road before.  FOX has a larger market share than all the other CABLE news channels combined.  However, most people get their news from the networks, not from cable news, so of all the people who consume TV news, FOX does not have a large share.  The networks are the mainstream media.

EDIT:  The networks often get their stories from sources like the New York Times and Washington Post.  So even though the NYTimes itself has a shrinking market, it influences the mainstream market considerably.  When you add in all this sort of inbreeding between sources of information with like bias, you can see the mainstream media is overwhelmingly liberal. 

FOX has no such influence except for a rare story it runs with that shames the other media into covering it...eventually. 

qwerty said:
Arkansas Juvenile Code 9-27-309
Records of the arrest of a juvenile, the detention of a juvenile, and the proceedings under this subchapter shall be confidential and shall not be subject to disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act of 1967

Josh was never arrested or even detained. There were no proceedings. This is why the police report was not exempt from the FOIA. Jim Bob's failure to properly report Josh's crime and go through the juvenile court system came back to bite them.

Arkansas 16-90-1104 – Nondisclosure of information about victim
(b) A law enforcement agency shall not disclose to the public information directly or indirectly
identifying the victim of a sex crime except to the extent that disclosure is of the site of thecrime, is required by law, is necessary for law enforcement purposes, or is permitted by the court for good cause.
[/quote]

The victims names were redacted on the report. Unfortunately, the Duggars' have made their lives very public, so it was not too hard for people to put two and two together.

I hope TLC will cancel this show and any possible spin offs. The Duggars are nothing more than the Kardashians of the Fundy world. Their total disregard for the safety and interest of their children is disgusting.

"Several legal experts tell In Touch that Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar could have faced up to six years in prison for their actions and been charged with Permitting Abuse of a Minor (Arkansas Code 5-27-221)."
[had the statute of limitations not expired]

I'm wondering, where is Josh in all this right now? Two of his sisters talked publicly about the situations. It seems he (or the family) is choosing to hide and now the girls are taking the heat for him yet again.

I would like to think he had the guts to go to the media and say, "Leave the girls alone. I alone was responsible for what happened so leave them out of it as they were my victims. Talk only to me about what I did."

He's a grown man right now and has experience as a public, semi-political figure. Why is he remaining silent and allowing his sisters to be peppered with questions about it by the media?

Aye-yi-yi...

subllibrm said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
subllibrm said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Billy said:
My 0.02 worth...

Bill

But, that's just IMO!

The counterpoint to the "mainstream press" is now evangelical blogs? Who knew?

No muting on FB from all of my Rush/FOX friends. Why does their ox goring not count?

No true scotsman does it again.

I was just pointing out that the evangelical blogs, who do have influence, were not piling on Jenner...in fact just the opposite is true as a rule.

The mainstream press have much less influence than they once had, but they still have great influence, and they are overwhelmingly supportive of Jenner and critical of the Duggars.

As to social media and places like the forum, there is always a difference of opinion and oxen are gored there regularly...no question about that!

subllibrm said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
rsc2a said:

Huh?

Really? Did you forget already that it is FOX News against the world?  ;)

I hereby offer a sincere apology for Fox News, Rush and even Chick Fil A....I'm sorry they are so extremely successful. I'm sure they are all duly chagrined!