Eddie's "Magnum Opus"

Phooey-dini said:
Did anyone else catch wind of this little gem from Youth Conference?

Word is, that Lapina spent years preparing it.  ::)  Seems to me that he's trying his darnedest to transition from "Silly Billy" to an intellectual. I don't see it going over too well, specifically from the sounds of the "sermon" linked below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjCTec8DLcA

I couldn't watch it.
1,  No matching outfits.
2. No hose.
3.  I saw TOES!!!!

I have standards, you know. 

:)

patriotic said:
I couldn't watch it.
1,  No matching outfits.
2. No hose.
3.  I saw TOES!!!!

I have standards, you know. 

So there are no toes at CBC?

Twisted said:
Teri in NC said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Walt said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Phooey-dini said:
Anyone else notice how they're trying to strike a mood in the "auditorium" with the dim lights, etc.? Seems pretty CCM-ish to me! LOL

:eek:  ::)

What's wrong with creating atmosphere? Seems churches with stained glass do the same thing.

Dimming lights could be for lighting the platform. I don't see a CCM connotation nor do I think dimming lights is problematic. But that's just me.

Heh...

God is light and in  Him is no darkness at all.

men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds are evil

Sleep with the lights on? ;)

Raider does.

And how would you know that?

The lights were always on in the Mezzarack!!

patriotic said:
Teri in NC said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Walt said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Phooey-dini said:
Anyone else notice how they're trying to strike a mood in the "auditorium" with the dim lights, etc.? Seems pretty CCM-ish to me! LOL

What's wrong with creating atmosphere? Seems churches with stained glass do the same thing.

Dimming lights could be for lighting the platform. I don't see a CCM connotation nor do I think dimming lights is problematic. But that's just me.

Heh...

Raider does.

True story.

...and because he has to sleep with the light on, his wife wears a sleep mask. 

Not because of the light, but because of his face. 

It's been a bit of time since I have said this to you.......you stinkin' bag!!

RAIDER said:
Twisted said:
Teri in NC said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Walt said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Phooey-dini said:

Heh...

Raider does.

LOL!  Good one!

RAIDER said:
Twisted said:
Teri in NC said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Walt said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Phooey-dini said:

Heh...

Raider does.

Beat me to it.

[emoji91]

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

Smellin Coffee said:
Walt said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Phooey-dini said:

Heh...

:)

Enough Baptist Music for the Next Generation." 1:03    Exactly what is Baptist music? This is not the first time I have heard of Baptist music. I am by no means a proponent of most CCM, but what is Baptist music?

Baptist City Holdout said:
Exactly what is Baptist music?

Songs written by John R. Rice

Twisted said:
I think he?s getting at is, most of the special music churches use today is not written by Baptist nor do the song writers believe like we do.

Clearly some of the songs, in our older hymnbooks, were wrote by non-Baptist, but today a much smaller percentage of the music we use is created by Baptists. Most of the performers and songwriters appear to be from more contemporary type churches of different beliefs. He is just encouraging the next generation of Baptist to write songs that we can use in our own churches.

sword said:
Twisted said:
I think he?s getting at is, most of the special music churches use today is not written by Baptist nor do the song writers believe like we do.

Clearly some of the songs, in our older hymnbooks, were wrote by non-Baptist, but today a much smaller percentage of the music we use is created by Baptists. Most of the performers and songwriters appear to be from more contemporary type churches of different beliefs. He is just encouraging the next generation of Baptist to write songs that we can use in our own churches.

And that's what I imagine most people mean when they use that term.....

As long as we let other denominations use those songs!  :)

sword said:
Twisted said:

Why does it need to be written by Baptists (presumably of the FBC/HAC ilk)? So that it can be as shallow and man-centered as 85% of what FBC already sings in their services???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are members of a church that uses a sweet fog machine. Absolutely love our corporate worship every week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro