Emergency Prayer Request for Pastor Joe Esposito

IFB X-Files

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Please pray for my friend, Pastor Joe Esposito. Last night he suffered a brain aneurysm. He was in surgery all night, and they said that the first part of the surgery saved his life. However, they had to stop the surgery because of brain swelling. This is a life and death situation. The doctors give him a 33% chance to live. They have scheduled another surgery for 6:30 AM PST. PLEASE PRAY FOR A MIRACLE! This is completely in the hands of God right now. Pray that the doctors will have the wisdom to know what to do, and pray for the family and church during this trying time. ~ Allen Domelle

Have just prayed for Bro. Joe, and will continue.

Praying for God's will and guidance in the matter.

Any news about Bro. Esposito?

Any updates the brothers in college wore purple shirts and they knew how to build a bus route...my prayers are for him to recover or take him home to heaven...my prayers are for his family....

Is he still in LA?

Anishinaabe

UPDATE AS OF OCTOBER 4 at 2 PM

Here is an update on Pastor Joe Esposito given by his son:

Good afternoon. Just wanted to send a short update about my dad. They just finished his second procedure to remove/repair some of the ruptured areas around his brain. They believe they got the critical part removed, but there is still more they need to remove. That all depends upon how his body reacts to today’s procedure. Please continue to pray that his body would react well and we will be able to move forward. Thank you for your prayers, texts, kind words, and love shown to our family. Have a blessed day.

IFB X-Files said:
UPDATE AS OF OCTOBER 4 at 2 PM

Here is an update on Pastor Joe Esposito given by his son:

Good afternoon. Just wanted to send a short update about my dad. They just finished his second procedure to remove/repair some of the ruptured areas around his brain. They believe they got the critical part removed, but there is still more they need to remove. That all depends upon how his body reacts to today’s procedure. Please continue to pray that his body would react well and we will be able to move forward. Thank you for your prayers, texts, kind words, and love shown to our family. Have a blessed day.
Thanks for the update and the link to the website.

IFB X-Files said:
Please pray for my friend, Pastor Joe Esposito. Last night he suffered a brain aneurysm. He was in surgery all night, and they said that the first part of the surgery saved his life. However, they had to stop the surgery because of brain swelling. This is a life and death situation. The doctors give him a 33% chance to live. They have scheduled another surgery for 6:30 AM PST. PLEASE PRAY FOR A MIRACLE! This is completely in the hands of God right now. Pray that the doctors will have the wisdom to know what to do, and pray for the family and church during this trying time. ~ Allen Domelle

Praying for you Brother Joe. Your bus worker from 70-7.
Thanh

Our church will be praying especially for our brothers and sisters at Pacific Baptist Church tomorrow as well as Bro. Esposito and family.  May the LORD's comfort abound to all of you and His hands be seen through all this, guiding, healing, and helping.

Pappabear, we knew Joe from the bus route ...that's my memory of him...route 70 did you know Joe? My prayers are with him and the family

Sherryh said:
Pappabear, we knew Joe from the bus route ...that's my memory of him...route 70 did you know Joe? My prayers are with him and the family
I remember him from college.  He is one of the good guys.  It is really weird, because I had not seen or heard about him in years, but only within the last few weeks I ran across a conference he had at his church and listened to a part of a message by him.  We are praying for him, his family, and his church.

PappaBear said:
Sherryh said:
I remember him from college.  He is one of the good guys.  It is really weird, because I had not seen or heard about him in years, but only within the last few weeks I ran across a conference he had at his church and listened to a part of a message by him.  We are praying for him, his family, and his church.
Don't mean to hijack the thread. Sherry, what year were you there? I was there 85-90. I was in Division 1 for 1 or 2 years before Joe left for California. I worked in the Oriental ministry.
We are praying for him and our church prayed for him, his family and church this morning at church.

I was there the early years...I came to college in 1974-1975 we left in 1983....

Roomed with Joe and his brother John my freshman year at HAC.  Sure hate to hear this news.  I know that Joe has a large family.  My thoughts and prayers are with Joe and his family.

This was all in fun...does any one remember bro Meister called both the brothers to the front of the chapel and he made them wear white shirts...the college had outlawed the purple shirts... :eek: were walking down memory lane..any other stories

UPDATE AS OF OCTOBER 7

A text sent yesterday from Bro. Joe Esposito’s son, and I thought his words would best explain his father’s condition. I do personally ask that you continue to pray earnestly for Bro. Esposito and for God’s healing. Please be very specific with the conditions that they ask below. Below is what was texted to me:

Good afternoon. Some have asked if we could keep you posted on my dad’s situation. A slight improvement is that he is now taking more breaths on his own, whereas yesterday it was mostly the machine breathing for him. As of this morning, we are still just waiting and praying. My mom did ask me to send a list of specific prayer requests, so I have listed them below. Thank you again for your texts, emails, calls, and most of all, your continued prayer for my dad. As a family, that is our greatest comfort. Have a blessed day.

PRAYER REQUESTS
■No long term damage to his brain
■Fever to go down
■Swelling/brain pressure to reduce
(normal pressure is 5-10. His is around 20 still.)
■Bleeding to stop completely
■Further surgery needed
■Wisdom for the physicians

God please hear our prayers for Joe and wrap your arms around his family

Sherryh said:
This was all in fun...does any one remember bro Meister called both the brothers to the front of the chapel and he made them wear white shirts...the college had outlawed the purple shirts... :eek: were walking down memory lane..any other stories

Joe and John were preaching against guys wearing pink shirts and pleated pants.  Those that wore them didn't take too kindly to be called sissies.  It became such a problem that Dr. Hyles called a meeting with both groups.  It was a historical HAC moment.