Emergency Prayer Request for Pastor Joe Esposito

continuing in prayer.y

Important surgery on brother Joe going on right now. Please pray for him.

Bump!  Please continue to pray!

We continue to lift Brother Joe and his family in prayer.

We have been praying and sending notes to Mary his wife. God is good...

Has anyone heard any information about Joe?

RAIDER said:
Has anyone heard any information about Joe?
Last update to the website:

March 29 (5:59 PM)

We thank you for your patience in our delays in posting. Thank you for your continued faithful prayer for Pastor Esposito and encouragement to us. Here is a recap of the last two weeks including the surgery:

Shunt placed successfully—time will tell if it causes improvement.
    While in there they noticed previous scarring where the skull was replaced and hadn't healed correctly and they had to remove a growth and restitch it. It seems to have healed quickly
    Fever early in the week—treated as pneumonia—broke later in the week. Antibiotics completecomplete, and lungs clear.
    Last Friday, the 21st returned to sub-acute care. We are thanking the Lord for a brighter room where the sun shines in.
    Staples and stitches all removed from three places on the head and one place on the stomach.
    Physical and occupational therapy came daily while at the hospital last week. He responded many times for them with some eye tracking, etc. A coma evaluation was done. When he left the hospital in November, Pastor Esposito was a 4 on a scale of 0-4, with 4 being the worst. Last week they rated his coma as 1.7.
    Pastor Esposito seems to come in and out. The therapists tried several things today, but without much response besides the eyes. Then once they left, and our youth pastor walked in and said, "Hi Pastor, it's Nathan" – he turned his head and eyes toward him. He wouldn't grip their hand, but did his.

What we know:

God knows what He is doing…He is God, we are not. Isaiah 55:8-9 says, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."
    God loves us. I just read this quote in a book yesterday, "Those who look to the cross as a token of God's love will never doubt His steadfast devotion to them, regardless of the circumstances." (John 3:16; Galatians 2:20; Romans 5:8)
    God is working His will in His way for His purpose. Romans 8:28 says, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to HIS purpose."
    God is able to heal if He so chooses. Matthew 19:26 says, "But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, with men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible."

Specific Prayer Requests:

Healing
    Fully wake from the coma
    Increased Responsiveness
    Improvement to where trach could be removed or at least capped
    More than anything – that God would be glorified

Thank you for his update........it's not until you're in these situations that you can see the hand of God....I'm surprised the family hasn't taken him home and had care come to the home .....My prayers are with his wife who I know in those decision making moments that is where faith comes in and prayers........

Thank you for bringing this reminder forward.  What an unexpected journey.

Praying for them.

Thank you for the prayer reminder ... we remembered him in prayer this week ... and visited the site and left assurances of prayer there as well.  Pastor Esposito has and continues to be an inspiration and testimony of courage and faith.  May God continue to watch over his family and church family.

He reminds me of a pastor friend of mine here in Chicago. About my age, with five kids, he hopped on his scooter one day to drive to church and the next thing you know a car flies through a stop sign, sends  him flying, and speeds off. In the past five months his family's life has been turned upside down. He's alive, but he has yet to take a step on his own. He can barely say two words together. He still hasn't eaten a bite of food. The journey that this family, which I know as well you do Bro. Esposito, is being taken on by God is one that requires such large amounts of grace.

Why God does these things I have little idea, but it is good for those around them to be all the support and encouragement that they can. I commend you in this, and although I have never met him I shall pray for Bro. Esposito tonight. Pray for my pastor friend and his family too. His name is Kevin.

I don't understand why this happens to people but God is there many times we just can't see our way....but we know who is leading. I can look back over my journey this past year I've seen God supply our daily needs. In ways I would never have seen...God is good!! God bless and care for this dear family (Tom's friend)

Sherryh said:
I don't understand why this happens to people but God is there many times we just can't see our way....but we know who is leading. I can look back over my journey this past year I've seen God supply our daily needs. In ways I would never have seen...God is good!! God bless and care for this dear family (Tom's friend)

On a weekly basis I hear of urgent prayer requests & can't help but wonder why God allows such things to happen.

I'm understand His ways are not our ways and one days we will understand.

I'm also reminded of this well known song from my childhood.

Farther Along [Live]

The battle continues....

http://pacificbaptist.com/pastor/

Twisted said:
The battle continues....

http://pacificbaptist.com/pastor/
Mrs. Esposito is an amazing person.

Continuing to pray for Pastor Joe and his family!! I have so much more respect for people with disabilities...God bless them

sword said:
Sherryh said:

On a weekly basis I hear of urgent prayer requests & can't help but wonder why God allows such things to happen.

I'm understand His ways are not our ways and one days we will understand.

I'm also reminded of this well known song from my childhood.

Farther Along [Live]
The little girl with glasses is a spitting image of my daughter about 5 years ago!

sweet picture and beautiful song!!