EPIC FAILS:

Binaca Chugger said:
I was a young adult, just really getting familiar with the practice of door-to-door evangelism.  I larger fellow invited us into his apartment.  I was so excited - an invitation in is a would to win!  I failed to notice the open beer in his hand and the slurred speech.  I went in, much to my partner's fears.  The guy was drunk as a skunk.  He slammed the door behind us and locked it.  I still didn't realize how much trouble I was in.  The beer cans were piled on the floor next to the sofa.  After several minutes of druknen profanities, he started challenging me to represent my God in a fight and started throwing beer all over me.  Somehow, we got out.

Never go into a drunk guys home.

This one should go in your Favorite Soul Winning Experiences book.  :)

Binaca Chugger said:
I was a young adult, just really getting familiar with the practice of door-to-door evangelism.  I larger fellow invited us into his apartment.  I was so excited - an invitation in is a would to win!  I failed to notice the open beer in his hand and the slurred speech.  I went in, much to my partner's fears.  The guy was drunk as a skunk.  He slammed the door behind us and locked it.  I still didn't realize how much trouble I was in.  The beer cans were piled on the floor next to the sofa.  After several minutes of druknen profanities, he started challenging me to represent my God in a fight and started throwing beer all over me.  Somehow, we got out.

To be sure, I am hesitant to go in any strangers house anymore. 

16KJV11 said:
Binaca Chugger said:

To be sure, I am hesitant to go in any strangers house anymore.

I normally don't have a problem with it.  I love sharing the Gospel in a home setting where you can get multiple people around a coffee table.  I have learned to exercise some caution.

I was a new staff member at a church.  The pastor was realky excited about soulwinning and bringing converts to church (I will always appreciate him).  I felt a desire to bring someone to church.  I had just witnessed to a lady and it was obe of those experiences where the Holy Spirit just took over.  I knew she needed to be in church.  She agreed, but warned me that she had a split personality.  I didn't know how to respond, but assured her that if she came to church, everything would be okay (i was clueless).  Sure enough, middle of church, a whole new person was there.  She went from confused to praising up and down the aisle to screaming praise and then arguments.  My wife and I helped her get home.

Yep, i made an impression by bringing a convert to church.

Lesson learned.  If people tell you they have an illness,  maybe you should believe them.  Don't persuade people to come to church to prove you are a great Christian.

Anybody there when hard candy was dropped from the helicopter?

Epic fail.

Binaca Chugger said:

Epic fail.
Speaking of which...........mid 80's Jackie-boy is doing YC. It's the evening service at HAC. I had my youth group in the stands on the football field along with the rest of those were attending. EL & JH fake like they each forgot & were assuming the other was in charge of arranging for the food for the crowd.

Jack acts like he's praying for another feeding of the 5000. That's when helicopters appear. They started dropping food as kids ran out on the field trying to catch fish sandwiches, twinkies & chips. The FAIL happened when they started pouring coins for soda machines. Kids were dropping like..........they were being shot.

Jack used his loudest thundering voice to stop the coins from taking someone out.

fishinnut said:
Binaca Chugger said:

Epic fail.
Speaking of which...........mid 80's Jackie-boy is doing YC. It's the evening service at HAC. I had my youth group in the stands on the football field along with the rest of those were attending. EL & JH fake like they each forgot & were assuming the other was in charge of arranging for the food for the crowd.

Jack acts like he's praying for another feeding of the 5000. That's when helicopters appear. They started dropping food as kids ran out on the field trying to catch fish sandwiches, twinkies & chips. The FAIL happened when they started pouring coins for soda machines. Kids were dropping like..........they were being shot.

Jack used his loudest thundering voice to stop the coins from taking someone out.

I was one of those kids.

Binaca Chugger said:
I was on staff at a larger IFB church.  We were promoting a church-wide day of soulwinning for three months.  Every ministry had every worker there.  Groups were fasting and holding special prayer meetings for this day.  The goal was for new soulwinners to see people trust Christ.  they would get excited about it and learn how to share the Gospel.  People took off work to be there that day.  Many staff put in lots of hours in teaching and preparing for this day.  We were supposed to meet at the church in the morning for a challenge to the workers, songs and prayer, then meet back that night for a celebratory testimony time and dinner.

Morning of the event.  The youth leader gets up to start the service and announces that the pastor and his family decided to stay at a church where he had been preaching that week because they really need the time off.  "You know, pastor works so hard that he really needs some rest when he can get the opportunity.  They were enjoying their time out of town and we thought they should be able to just have some time off.  You folks have a great day out soulwinning!"  And that was it.

Walking out, I heard several church members comment that if the preacher wasn't going out, neither would they.  Two families were talking about "This is the last time I plan to spend a Saturday doing church stuff."

Epic fail.

Indeed. While I'm not opposed to the pastor having "some rest", there is a time and a place, and this wasn't it.

Many pastors take off Mondays, while the rest of the church works Mon-Fri, then visits Saturday, and works Sunday to make the services a success -- when is THEIR day off?

Walt said:
Binaca Chugger said:
I was on staff at a larger IFB church.  We were promoting a church-wide day of soulwinning for three months.  Every ministry had every worker there.  Groups were fasting and holding special prayer meetings for this day.  The goal was for new soulwinners to see people trust Christ.  they would get excited about it and learn how to share the Gospel.  People took off work to be there that day.  Many staff put in lots of hours in teaching and preparing for this day.  We were supposed to meet at the church in the morning for a challenge to the workers, songs and prayer, then meet back that night for a celebratory testimony time and dinner.

Morning of the event.  The youth leader gets up to start the service and announces that the pastor and his family decided to stay at a church where he had been preaching that week because they really need the time off.  "You know, pastor works so hard that he really needs some rest when he can get the opportunity.  They were enjoying their time out of town and we thought they should be able to just have some time off.  You folks have a great day out soulwinning!"  And that was it.

Walking out, I heard several church members comment that if the preacher wasn't going out, neither would they.  Two families were talking about "This is the last time I plan to spend a Saturday doing church stuff."

Epic fail.

Indeed. While I'm not opposed to the pastor having "some rest", there is a time and a place, and this wasn't it.

Many pastors take off Mondays, while the rest of the church works Mon-Fri, then visits Saturday, and works Sunday to make the services a success -- when is THEIR day off?
Bingo!  Except most of the time, I don't get Monday off.

Tennessean said:
Binaca Chugger said:

Epic fail.

The thing about a story like this is that one day all these saints will be in Heaven and stand at the Judgment Seat of Christ. What do you think will happen? What will Jesus do and say?

How about this. All the people who went soul winning will be rewarded. Those who didn't won't.

In Heaven we're going to find out who the real servants of Christ are.

I so much agree with the last line - but ONLY the last line... I know a a lady who is busy with her life, yet she took out time to help an older lady in our church move to a new apartment -- no relationship, no reason to "have to" help her -- just demonstrating the love for other believes that the Scripture says is the mark of a believer.  She is, IMHO, ten thousand times more a servant of Christ than anyone who merely knocks on doors, trying to "sell" heaven or bride children to come to church.

Binaca Chugger said:
fishinnut said:
Binaca Chugger said:

Epic fail.

I was one of those kids.
I forgot to mention all the smashed sandwiches, twinkies & chip from dropping from those helicopters to the ground. ::)