Evangelist to pastor and back again

You do not know me from a bag of mud but you apparently know how to sling mud on good people you don't know.

no treasure has done the same in his posts to me.
He doesn't know what he doesn't know..and that's a huge amount of ignorance.

no treasure has done the same in his posts to me.
He doesn't know what he doesn't know..and that's a huge amount of ignorance.
I know what you've done. Fishinnut can't possibly care for you TB. You're a traitor to IFBdom. You left for the Southern Baptist and YOU will NEVER be tolerated among them. You can pretend all you want, you're stuck in the middle.

I know what you've done. Fishinnut can't possibly care for you TB. You're a traitor to IFBdom. You left for the Southern Baptist and YOU will NEVER be tolerated among them. You can pretend all you want, you're stuck in the middle.

See what I mean...

Again ignore this if you don't want your worldview demolished, but one of my IFB pastors preached revival at a Southern Baptist Church.

Again ignore this if you don't want your worldview demolished, but one of my IFB pastors preached revival at a Southern Baptist Church.

LOL... that usually only works one way. Let me know when you "IFB" pastor starts inviting TB to preach for him. Or any southern baptist for that matter.

There are just a few that will but they're eaten alive by traditional IFBdom.

Just why do you think Phil Kidd, Craig Edwards and the like are facing such hostility? I suppose facts don't entire into your "worldview".

See what I mean...
Get fishinut to praise you like he does CT Townsend.....

You know he won't. You're just pretending. You're stuck in the middle like the rest. You just don't have the brand recognition they've got. That why no one every hears of you. Hey, but you're a legend here.....

LOL... that usually only works one way. Let me know when you "IFB" pastor starts inviting TB to preach for him. Or any southern baptist for that matter.

There are just a few that will but they're eaten alive by traditional IFBdom.

Just why do you think Phil Kidd, Craig Edwards and the like are facing such hostility? I suppose facts don't entire into your "worldview".
Just the opposite. I've been around enough to know it's not a monolithic group. You are correct regarding some, and wrong regarding others. It's not helpful to go around broad brushing and slandering everyone in an organization because of your bad experiences with some. Or does the Treasure understanding of the NT allow for slander?

Just the opposite. I've been around enough to know it's not a monolithic group. You are correct regarding some, and wrong regarding others. It's not helpful to go around broad brushing and slandering everyone in an organization because of your bad experiences with some. Or does the Treasure understanding of the NT allow for slander?

Slander? Be specific? I have.

So.... tell me.... oh wise one... Just how many camps are there in IFB so I don't dare "slander" them in your "worldview"?

Sure, they clan up. Sure they hate one another and draw imaginary lines, but they're largely the same.

I know you like to be called one but you should really be ashamed of them. You have nothing to be ashamed of being called a Christian.

I mean seriously, you have a thread where an ex IFB finds no value to the point of moving HIS assembly to the Southern Baptist and leads HIS assembly to abandon them..... and you have a true blue IFB supporting him.

From what I remember, TB didn't even "hitch his wagon" to the Burlington revival. Yet, here he is..... complaining.

What happened to that old IFB slogan.... "if you not with us, you're against us"?

Slander? Be specific? I have.

So.... tell me.... oh wise one... Just how many camps are there in IFB so I don't dare "slander" them in your "worldview"?

Sure, they clan up. Sure they hate one another and draw imaginary lines, but they're largely the same.

I know you like to be called one but you should really be ashamed of them. You have nothing to be ashamed of being called a Christian.
I could not tell you how many camps there are. There are those who gather around the colleges, but there are others who don't follow a college or follow multiple colleges. There are some who choose to go solo others that form informal associations. I'm part of an IFB church for now but I don't really identify as IFB. You will notice the verse I quoted below does not come from the KJV.

I don't claim to be wise but the God of the Bible is and here's what He has to say about slanderers:

Romans 1:29-31
29 being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 without understanding, untrustworthy, unloving, unmerciful;

I could not tell you how many camps there are. There are those who gather around the colleges, but there are others who don't follow a college or follow multiple colleges. There are some who choose to go solo others that form informal associations. I'm part of an IFB church for now but I don't really identify as IFB. You will notice the verse I quoted below does not come from the KJV.

I don't claim to be wise but the God of the Bible is and here's what He has to say about slanderers:

Romans 1:29-31
29 being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 without understanding, untrustworthy, unloving, unmerciful;

So you're not going to define the standard by which you claim I've slandered someone but....... you're going to post a verse implying I have?

What should I call that? Independent Independent Baptist?

So you're not going to define the standard by which you claim I've slandered someone but....... you're going to post a verse implying I have?

What should I call that? Independent Independent Baptist?
Sure just a quick one to start

Tell you something you might not know. He was taking a large portion of the offering pastoring a church off of 150 in Winston Salem. When I say "large portion"... I mean he was taking a "large portion"....

So you can specify the size of the church-150. But you are vague just stating "large portion" as this particular pastors take. Can you tell us what percentage or how much? Can you show some sort of proof or point to someone who can?

So you can specify the size of the church-150. But you are vague just stating "large portion" as this particular pastors take. Can you tell us what percentage or how much? Can you show some sort of proof or point to someone who can?

Doesn't matter the size. The percentage would be the same. Yes. I know what he was averaging. I know former members and I've followed David since he was a young preacher.

I know numbers but IF.....I share them, you'll just call it more slander.

What is it about the numbers that makes it right? He was preaching on tithing every service. Beating people over the head to drive up his part of the offering.

I mean seriously, you have a thread where an ex IFB finds no value to the point of moving HIS assembly to the Southern Baptist and leads HIS assembly to abandon them..... and you have a true blue IFB supporting him.

From what I remember, TB didn't even "hitch his wagon" to the Burlington revival. Yet, here he is..... complaining.

What happened to that old IFB slogan.... "if you not with us, you're against us"?

What have I complained about?

I’m merely pointing out your Pharisaism...Haymaaaan.

What have I complained about?

I’m merely pointing out your Pharisaism...Haymaaaan.

Not sure what "Haymaaaan" is for but it doesn't have anything to do with me.

I don't know why you would call me a Pharisee. I'm defending the people that were robbed of their money to support a false narrative that CT Townsend sold. Where is he setting up that huge tent he was going to convert the world from?

Doesn't matter the size. The percentage would be the same. Yes. I know what he was averaging. I know former members and I've followed David since he was a young preacher.

I know numbers but IF.....I share them, you'll just call it more slander.

What is it about the numbers that makes it right? He was preaching on tithing every service. Beating people over the head to drive up his part of the offering.
Ok. Lets assume your story is true and you know the numbers. What did David say when you spoke to him about this?

Ok. Lets assume your story is true and you know the numbers. What did David say when you spoke to him about this?

Oh here we go......

I don't have to speak to him about it. He was robbing God's people. I don't need his permission to tell others about it.

Tell me, do you ask a robber why he's trying to steal your money or do you yell "look"...."help".... "COPS"?

Again you act as if I haven't heard all of this many many times before. David never listened to anyone but himself. That is why he's pastored so many churches and been an "evangelist" many times over. The church he starts pastoring can't take his neglect from being an "evangelist"..... they kick him out or he gets in trouble for something he's did that people don't like and he moves on to the next place.... claiming "God leads"....

Oh here we go......

I don't have to speak to him about it. He was robbing God's people. I don't need his permission to tell others about it.

Tell me, do you ask a robber why he's trying to steal your money or do you yell "look"...."help".... "COPS"?

Again you act as if I haven't heard all of this many many times before. David never listened to anyone but himself. That is why he's pastored so many churches and been an "evangelist" many times over. The church he starts pastoring can't take his neglect from being an "evangelist"..... they kick him out or he gets in trouble for something he's did that people don't like and he moves on to the next place.... claiming "God leads"....

Do you know how many times I've seen a member of a church ask why a preacher such as this is gone? Do you know how many times they get the real answer????

NONE of the time.