FBCH Bus Ministry - The good and bad

RAIDER

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
The bus ministry was a big part of FBCH as well as HAC.  I would say that the majority of HAC FFF posters worked in the bus ministry at least one year while a HAC student.  Tell us what you feel the positives and negatives were of the G+FBCH bus ministry.

*As always, one positive or one negative comment per post.

Good: I learned how to sacrifice for people.

Good:  It was good for me to see first hand the poverty in which many of the people lived.  It gave me much more of a compassionate heart.

Bad:  The arrogant attitude of several of the bus ministry "leaders". 

RAIDER said:
Bad:  The arrogant attitude of several of the bus ministry "leaders".
Add to that the arrogancy of the successful bus-captains.

It taught me to endure hardness in several ways.

It taught me to endure rejection.
You pour your life into people and they quit or turn against you in spite of all you did for them.
Great prep for ministry.

It taught me to endure idiots.
Yes, there were several bus-captains that I wanted to belt, but God helped me to hold back.
Again, great prep. for ministry.

It taught me not to wear my feelings on my sleeves.
Believe it or not, nightbus had a lot to do with this, along with Roger Casteel.
Again, great prep for the ministry.

It taught me to open my wallet.

It taught me humility.
Sweeping buses, serving like I've never served before.

It taught me not to be afraid to work hard in the ministry.

The good was the unique experience and the bad IMHO was there was little regard for balance such as impact on education, home life for married students and even the pressure to financially.  There was also an implication that being a successful bus captain would make you a successful pastor.

LongGone said:
The good was the unique experience and the bad IMHO was there was little regard for balance such as impact on education, home life for married students and even the pressure to financially.  There was also an implication that being a successful bus captain would make you a successful pastor.
Hey, one compliment or complaint per post!  If you want to be a successful poster, it's all about the NUMBERS, SEE?

Liberals, ignoring the instructions since Cain...

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

I would definitely say that taking married men who took a full college academic load and were working a full time job and requiring them to work all day on Saturday and Sunday in the bus ministry was unwise.

It gave me a purpose and taught me how to give.

The bad was I gave a bit too much. Takers naturally take advantage of Givers.

I hated the competition it became. I'm not sure everyone saw the individual bus kid. In some cases, they were pawns to feed the bus captain's ego.

Jo said:
I hated the competition it became. I'm not sure everyone saw the individual bus kid. In some cases, they were pawns to feed the bus captain's ego.

I agree!  I'm not against some competition along the way.  At HAC you were put on a pedestal if you had a big bus route and/or if you were a division leader.  I'm good with giving credit where credit is due, but it was to the next level.