Four docs speaking, don't miss it.

bgwilkinson

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
This should be real exciting.
Are they real docs? Oxford, Cambridge or some unknown diploma mill?

11212701_1026644477391831_1473798461747972545_o.jpg

fishinnut said:
bgwilkinson said:

Looks like a couple of paradoxes.

lol

So true.  :) :)

bgwilkinson said:

If memory serves, these guys picked up their "Docs" back in the day when you collected Betty Crocker box tops and sent them in for a doctorate of your choice.

Where can we go to attend?  They seem to have left that little piece of information off their professionally designed ad.

Binaca Chugger said:
Where can we go to attend?  They seem to have left that little piece of information off their professionally designed ad.

That is rather curious, indeed. Maybe  it's just some "Old Boys Club" less the actual audience.

I think they are all sincere men but personally, I would rather have an enema than listen to these guys preach. Maybe I can get a nickel for every  time one of them says "old' something.

Binaca Chugger said:

National 'Old Paths' Conference in Longview TX.  Can't wait! (yawn)

bgwilkinson said:

Does the B. G. in B. G. Buchanan's name stand for "Bob Grey" Buchanan?

Just askin

sword said:
bgwilkinson said:

Does the B. G. in B. G. Buchanan's name stand for "Bob Grey" Buchanan?

Just askin

Bro. Buchanan is one of the most gracious men I have ever met. Bro. Goddard is as well. Neither of them are "too big" to speak to the "common" church members in the pews of the churches they visit.  I have experienced their graciousness personally.

The other two I have met, but only once and very briefly then, so I couldn'the vouch for them.

Thanks for your impression of these men.

The few times I have spoke with Bro. Goddard he seemed like such a humble and down to earth man. I got the impression he has a deep love and concern for his church members. 

Amazing that Domelle couldn't even finish HAC but now has a doctorate that he proudly displays.

I like BGII though---lots different than his dad in some ways.

Some years ago I was considering a move to east Texas around the Longview area.

Don't ask me why, but I set a meeting up with Gray Jr. Me my wife and children.

Seemed like a nice guy (but I think they all are) long story short someone called my cell phone and my ringtone at the time was "The Office" and when the music came on..............my my my if looks could kill. :)

As we were leaving he told us that he had a series he'd like for us to listen to before we were to join. LOL!!  He said, most people investigate a car a whole lot more than they do a church before they join. He said, this will tell you a lot about our church.

It was a (I forget how many weeks) series on,standards, I kid you not, standards. :)

smh

Sad sad.

I've heard BGII and Alan Domelle; they may be nice guys, but I have never been impressed with their preaching... the always seem to pick a verse to use as a launchpad and then go on a rant about whatever is bugging them at the moment.

I've never heard the other two men.

Bruh said:

Seemed like a nice guy (but I think they all are) long story short someone called my cell phone and my ringtone at the time was "The Office" and when the music came on..............my my my if looks could kill. :)

As we were leaving he told us that he had a series he'd like for us to listen to before we were to join. LOL!!  He said, most people investigate a car a whole lot more than they do a church before they join. He said, this will tell you a lot about our church.

It was a (I forget how many weeks) series on,standards, I kid you not, standards. :)

smh

Sad sad.

On the other hand, he was spot on -- it did tell you a lot about their church.

Walt said:
Bruh said:

smh

Sad sad.

On the other hand, he was spot on -- it did tell you a lot about their church.

Yes.

Truth be told, I really already knew what he was about.

:) why I set the meeting up...............I don't know.

I heard AD speak once. All I can remember is him screaming "do right! do right! do right!" Then, "when I tell my wife to do something, she may not like it, but she does it!"

switcher said:
I heard AD speak once. All I can remember is him screaming "do right! do right! do right!" Then, "when I tell my wife to do something, she may not like it, but she does it!"

Made me chuckle.

Yea I know these old path guys are funny!

The church we just left the pastor is a old path/Hyles guy :) every year he preaches on a woman's place in the home. That wasn't the title but may as well been.

In the sermon he goes on to say how when you first get married you basically have to train your wife. Use to tick me off every year he'd preach that.

So, one year I was so ticked off after the service I went to him and said very politely, that sermon has never applied to me and my wife. I went on to tell him, I married my wife because of who she was not because I thought she was trainable.

I've often wondered if these guys preach this kinda stuff because they think everyone else's wife is like theirs.

I will never understand this mentality.

God has used Bro. Goddard to build a phenomenal ministry in So. Cal.  If there was one church that I would be a layman or assistant pastor at, it would be his church.
I have known Bro. Goddard for many years now and he has always been very gracious, humble and down to earth.  He returns phone calls and answers his cell phone.

16KJV11 said:
God has used Bro. Goddard to build a phenomenal ministry in So. Cal.  If there was one church that I would be a layman or assistant pastor at, it would be his church.
I have known Bro. Goddard for many years now and he has always been very gracious, humble and down to earth.  He returns phone calls and answers his cell phone.

How's his preaching? Does he preach within the context of scripture?

Just curious.