From Just a Member

TidesofTruth said:
...and you end up with entire internet forums of people just taking the knives out of the drawer and stabbing themselves over and over again

That probably deserves its own thread.  RAIDER?

Tom Brennan said:
qwerty said:
Hate to break up this kumbaya moment.... but I gave up any hope in FBCH when they kept EL around.... I have family and many friends that attend, I enjoyed my time there as student and staff.  The fact is, the Business Manager had to be somewhat complicit in the mishandling... misappropriation...or whatever the facts are regarding the money that came from DeCoster.  As far as I know, the trail (of tears) of that money has never been fully discovered.  If anything, the Business Manager should have had control of the severe diarrhea of monies that was going unchecked.  He outright lied to the members that morning and never came out and apologized to the congregation for attempting to cover Schaap's sin.  The deacon's had their chance to come clean and start this thing right...by all resigning and starting from scratch.  I know of only one deacon that caused Schaap grief in the meetings over the years, and would not take his "I've got this" as a good answer.  I think of Schaap conducting that deacon's funeral while probably glad about his passing.....

From 2012...
I have said it before, every Bible teacher needs to be let go or reassigned...every assistant pastor needs to be let go or reassigned, every administrator that meet weekly with Schaap just needs to be dismissed. Let them cut the grass, change the oil on a bus, change lightbulbs...not belittling the men who currently do that work, but the blue-collar workers could do a better job at teaching than the over-priced bell hops they have doing it now. The scholars of FBCH/HAC cast their lot with Schaap, stood by him when he went nuts, and some still stand by him today.....it is beyond evil.

Ok, now for the kicker.... Lapina is on the ethics board of one of the local communities.

...and until they do they won't get back the trust of the alumni. Qwerty and I are just two of a great big number that feel the same way.

And apparently there are quite a few others who feel the same. My understanding is that the hac freshmen class numbered in the low 70's.

qwerty said:
I have said it before, every Bible teacher needs to be let go or reassigned...every assistant pastor needs to be let go or reassigned, every administrator that meet weekly with Schaap just needs to be dismissed. The scholars of FBCH/HAC cast their lot with Schaap, stood by him when he went nuts, and some still stand by him today.....it is beyond evil.

Ok, now for the kicker.... Lapina is on the ethics board of one of the local communities.
[/quote]

Because they learned loyality from Jack Hyles they blindly followed Jack Schaap, believing he was appointed the heir of FBC by the pope himself. The only thing that was missing was white smoke out of the HAC chapel.

If the church and college got back to all things Jack Hyles that would earn back the alumni, but that is the preverbial elephant in the room.

Tom Brennan said:
TidesofTruth said:
Many who read these stories combine it to their own stories and just use them to reject God.  They take your story and compound it with there story and you end up with entire internet forums of people just taking the knives out of the drawer and stabbing themselves over and over again, rehearsing their stories and your stories and quite quickly the original injury is compounded until they have completely left the faith.

Extremely well said.

I have seen that on the Facebook page DRHAC. If I have gotten anything from my HAC/FBC experience it has been to search deep within my heart and my relationship with Christ. I hope those hurt can heal and have a closer relationship with the Lord. I believe growing up in a balanced IFB home has helped me greatly to handle the disappointments from the "leaders"!! My heart hurts for those on the DRHAC page that have such hatred for Christianity! Or even their hatred toward anything HAC/FBC/IFB!

TidesofTruth said:
As Posted in the Times Comment Section 03/21/2013

I am a Member of the First Baptist Church of Hammond.
I am not an employee.
I am not a deacon.
I hold no official position.

I cannot speak on behalf of the church.

I have been a resident of Lake County for 48 years
I have been a member of First Baptist Church of Hammond for a total of 44 years.

I must apologize to the Northwest Indiana Community for the wickedness that was done by of our former pastor.  I sincerely apologize and ask your forgiveness.  I apologize for the scorn that it brings on the good people of our community.  I apologize for the scorn it brings on our state and any of our leaders.  I apologize for any scorn it brings on the city of Hammond.  I apologize to the other believers and churches throughout the region and the difficulty and confusion that has been wrought on the message of the gospel of Christ through the hypocrisy that has been lived out in front of the public.  And most importantly I apologize to this girl and the family of this girl.  I have children.  I know what I would have done had this happened to my daughter.  I don't advise for your sake to do what I would have done but I know the anger I would have and I do not think I could have controlled myself in the admirable manner in which you have done.

There is not any excuse for sin, ever. I will not make an excuse for it and our church has made a formal statement making it clear that we reject Jack Schaap's excuse for it. There is never any excuse for the heinous wickedness and blasphemies done by our former pastor as reported by the prosecutor.  It is the very opposite of everything we say we believe, teach and train our members and our young to be. Sins are not to be put on a scale against our supposed righteousness in which we are weighed to see if we can avoid the consequences of the wrong we did.  How many homeless does one need to feed in order balance it out if we decide to kill one person we dislike?  The Sentencing Memorandum written by Paul Stracci is the exact opposite of everything I have ever believed and been taught.  The only good we do is credited to Jesus Christ and is His righteousness alone.  Our sins are only forgiven because they were paid for by the blood of Jesus Christ.  And our civil crimes must bear the punishment that the public justice demands.

While there will always be individuals who may fail, the heartbeat of the everyday members of the church is to try to live as Christ would have us live.  We live among you.  We work with you.  We pay our taxes and bills like you and while we believe to be fair and honest in all our dealings.  We believe and teach marital fidelity and sexual purity but there will always be those who may not live up to what they say they believe.  When we fail to live up to what we say we believe again I apologize.    If we ever made you feel like we thought that somehow we were better or more righteous than anyone else, I apologize. 

I appreciate the work of Judge Rudy Lozano and admire the work and honest and diligent response of the prosecutors United States Attorney David Capp and Assistant United States Attorney Jill Koster and their team.  What fine and good public servants these people are.  I believe these people should be praised as public servants meting out judgment for the good of our community and I praise their diligence and help to keep our community safe.  Justice is a Godly act.

I apologize for the letters written on behalf of the defense that I can only believe were made out of a sense of past friendship but not having yet appreciated the full wickedness that was purported and the detail of deviancy that seemed out of character of what we heard from the lips of Jack Schaap.  After further review of the details it makes it abundantly clear the full extent of the wickedness and the construction of a scheme to defraud a girl who was to be protected by those of us who portray ourselves with pure motivations and a desire to provide Godly guidance.

I cannot begin to express the gut wrenching sickness I felt as I read the prosecution report. It is not who I believe we are, what we teach and what we seek to be.  Not because there is anything good within us but because we believe that we are to be people who follow Jesus Christ, claim His name, tell the good news of His saving grace through His shed blood and try to do good work on His behalf. 

I love the people of First Baptist Church of Hammond.  I have been taught how to live a Godly life by many good Teachers and Sunday School Teachers from the time I was very young. I have been taught by many good pastors who have lived Godly lives.  I have been taught to be a good citizen, pay my bills on time, pray for our leaders and public servants and do good works in the community,.  Never were we taught to use God as a ticket to commit sin.  I have admired those who have reached out to the community and worked to help those in need.  I hurt deeply for our people and I hurt deeply for Christ.  I also hurt deeply for anyone who would use this as a reason to shun the God we believe in.  This is not a representation of Who God is nor Who Jesus Christ is and I would beg you to not allow this to cause you to reject Jesus Christ and what He did for all of us that we might be saved from our sin.

I humbly apologize and beg your forgiveness.

Just a member.

Excellent!

Mathew Ward said:
qwerty said:
I have said it before, every Bible teacher needs to be let go or reassigned...every assistant pastor needs to be let go or reassigned, every administrator that meet weekly with Schaap just needs to be dismissed. The scholars of FBCH/HAC cast their lot with Schaap, stood by him when he went nuts, and some still stand by him today.....it is beyond evil.

Because they learned loyality from Jack Hyles they blindly followed Jack Schaap, believing he was appointed the heir of FBC by the pope himself. The only thing that was missing was white smoke out of the HAC chapel.

If the church and college got back to all things Jack Hyles that would earn back the alumni, but that is the preverbial elephant in the room.

[/quote]

What he said.

If JH was still alive there would still be a lot of ppl making there yearly journey to PS, business as always. 

Matthew1323 said:
TidesofTruth said:

I am not an employee.
I am not a deacon.

I have been a member of First Baptist Church of Hammond for a total of 44 years.

I must apologize to the Northwest Indiana Community for the wickedness that was done by of our former pastor.  I sincerely apologize and ask your forgiveness.  I apologize for the scorn that it brings on the good people of our community.  I apologize for the scorn it brings on our state and any of our leaders.  I apologize for any scorn it brings on the city of Hammond.  I apologize to the other believers and churches throughout the region and the difficulty and confusion that has been wrought on the message of the gospel of Christ through the hypocrisy that has been lived out in front of the public.  And most importantly I apologize to this girl and the family of this girl.  I have children.  I know what I would have done had this happened to my daughter.  I don't advise for your sake to do what I would have done but I know the anger I would have and I do not think I could have controlled myself in the admirable manner in which you have done.

There is not any excuse for sin, ever. I will not make an excuse for it and our church has made a formal statement making it clear that we reject Jack Schaap's excuse for it. There is never any excuse for the heinous wickedness and blasphemies done by our former pastor as reported by the prosecutor.  It is the very opposite of everything we say we believe, teach and train our members and our young to be. Sins are not to be put on a scale against our supposed righteousness in which we are weighed to see if we can avoid the consequences of the wrong we did.  How many homeless does one need to feed in order balance it out if we decide to kill one person we dislike?  The Sentencing Memorandum written by Paul Stracci is the exact opposite of everything I have ever believed and been taught.  The only good we do is credited to Jesus Christ and is His righteousness alone.  Our sins are only forgiven because they were paid for by the blood of Jesus Christ.  And our civil crimes must bear the punishment that the public justice demands.

While there will always be individuals who may fail, the heartbeat of the everyday members of the church is to try to live as Christ would have us live.  We live among you.  We work with you.  We pay our taxes and bills like you and while we believe to be fair and honest in all our dealings.  We believe and teach marital fidelity and sexual purity but there will always be those who may not live up to what they say they believe.  When we fail to live up to what we say we believe again I apologize.    If we ever made you feel like we thought that somehow we were better or more righteous than anyone else, I apologize. 

I appreciate the work of Judge Rudy Lozano and admire the work and honest and diligent response of the prosecutors United States Attorney David Capp and Assistant United States Attorney Jill Koster and their team.  What fine and good public servants these people are.  I believe these people should be praised as public servants meting out judgment for the good of our community and I praise their diligence and help to keep our community safe.  Justice is a Godly act.

I apologize for the letters written on behalf of the defense that I can only believe were made out of a sense of past friendship but not having yet appreciated the full wickedness that was purported and the detail of deviancy that seemed out of character of what we heard from the lips of Jack Schaap.  After further review of the details it makes it abundantly clear the full extent of the wickedness and the construction of a scheme to defraud a girl who was to be protected by those of us who portray ourselves with pure motivations and a desire to provide Godly guidance.

I cannot begin to express the gut wrenching sickness I felt as I read the prosecution report. It is not who I believe we are, what we teach and what we seek to be.  Not because there is anything good within us but because we believe that we are to be people who follow Jesus Christ, claim His name, tell the good news of His saving grace through His shed blood and try to do good work on His behalf. 

I love the people of First Baptist Church of Hammond.  I have been taught how to live a Godly life by many good Teachers and Sunday School Teachers from the time I was very young. I have been taught by many good pastors who have lived Godly lives.  I have been taught to be a good citizen, pay my bills on time, pray for our leaders and public servants and do good works in the community,.  Never were we taught to use God as a ticket to commit sin.  I have admired those who have reached out to the community and worked to help those in need.  I hurt deeply for our people and I hurt deeply for Christ.  I also hurt deeply for anyone who would use this as a reason to shun the God we believe in.  This is not a representation of Who God is nor Who Jesus Christ is and I would beg you to not allow this to cause you to reject Jesus Christ and what He did for all of us that we might be saved from our sin.

Just a member.

Excellent!
Where ya been, Matthew?

Anishinaabe

prophet said:
Matthew1323 said:
TidesofTruth said:

I am not an employee.
I am not a deacon.

Just a member.

Excellent!
Where ya been, Matthew?

Anishinaabe

I am still around. I regularly stop by to read the many opinions and perspectives. Once a HACker...

Matthew1323 said:
I am still around. I regularly stop by to read the many opinions and perspectives. Once a HACker...

Well get back in the game, you stinkin' (I love that word) deadbeat!!

Tom Brennan said:
TidesofTruth said:
Many who read these stories combine it to their own stories and just use them to reject God.  They take your story and compound it with there story and you end up with entire internet forums of people just taking the knives out of the drawer and stabbing themselves over and over again, rehearsing their stories and your stories and quite quickly the original injury is compounded until they have completely left the faith.

Extremely well said.

The way I see it is, maybe they were never part of "the faith".  And this is why they reject God.  All they ever did was say a prayer and good Catholics do that everyday. 

1,2,3 repeat after me 4,5,6 hope it sticks. 

CONSPIRATOR said:
Bruh said:

Okay, that is funny.

Yes, I thought so as well. 

But the sad truth is that this has been their gospel for many years. 

Bruh said:
Tom Brennan said:
TidesofTruth said:

Extremely well said.

The way I see it is, maybe they were never part of "the faith".  And this is why they reject God.  All they ever did was say a prayer and good Catholics do that everyday. 

To be fair here, that is a huge brush that you are painting with and therefore inaccurate.

Bravo said:
Bruh said:
Tom Brennan said:
TidesofTruth said:

Extremely well said.

To be fair here, that is a huge brush that you are painting with and therefore inaccurate.

I'm assuming that you have never read JH books on "Soul Winning"?

If they do not practice this any longer then why have they not stood behind the pulpit on a Sunday night or Wednesday night and said JH taught this and this was a false gospel? 

Bruh said:
Bravo said:
Bruh said:
Tom Brennan said:
TidesofTruth said:

Extremely well said.

I'm assuming that you have never read JH books on "Soul Winning"?

If they do not practice this any longer then why have they not stood behind the pulpit on a Sunday night or Wednesday night and said JH taught this and this was a false gospel?

What I am saying is that we did not all practice that. I saw it done one time by an underclass man who may have been trying to impress me. He kind of tricked someone into repeating his prayer but there was no presentation of the gospel prior to him saying, "Would it be okay if I at least prayed for you?" When he asked me about how great that was I politely responded, "I'd hate to stake my salvation on that." Many of us tried to give a clear presentation of the gospel when on our bus routes or in SS classes. So in that vein I say you are painting with a broad brush.