FWIW

Walt said:
LongGone said:
Walt said:
BALAAM said:
Ok; Now it has already started about New Years. Already heard a scathing denunciation of people who were planning to be out of town on New Years and will start the new year by MISSING Sunday school, Sunday Morning, Sunday night and Wed. night. New Years resolutions: Don't miss a single service, tithing, and I am sure I can guess what the other themes will be for the week.  I have heard from this guy a list of several people who have been in his church for 40 years and have only missed 3 or 4 services.

I have always been faithful to church but there are years when I missed that many services in a year just due to roads not being snowplowed and not able to get out.

There is a big difference between people not being able to get to church for illness, emergency, travel and a church canceling its services for "family time".

Boasting about one's perfect attendance (or near-perfect attendance) is merely prideful; I've seen so many people boast about never missing, only be be stricken with some serious illness immediately afterwards.  If you have a contagious illness, I prefer that you stay home.  And I don't mind people taking vacations to recharge - Jesus took the disciples into a quiet place to rest after a hectic time.

So a person can decide they need to recharge (take vacation) but church leadership can't decide that the church as a whole needs to recharge (have family time)?

Yes, recharge, rest & relaxation goes on at different times and different needs for each person/family.  If I just came back from vacation and was looking forward to fellowshipping again at my church and they canceled services, that seems wrong to me.

So you are saying that your desire to fellowship immediately is more important the the needs of the congregation?