Gay Marriage, Transgender Acceptance... What's next?

Tarheel Baptist said:
The short answer to the OP's question is the acceptance of pedophilia and incest.
Polygamy is a given....
We'll at least be on the same side fighting pedophilia!

Izdaari said:
1. Government encouragement, support and even requirement of sex education courses, prepared and taught by homosexual women and men, presenting homosexuality.
Oh, c'mon! Sex ed courses are taught by regular HS teachers. There's no way to get enough gay teachers to do it.  But requiring sex ed courses is already standard.

Oh, c'mon!  At my high school, it was the girls' PE teachers who taught sex ed. And you know what they say about female gym teachers... ;)

Izdaari said:
16. Make homosexuals look good by publicizing famous homosexuals who are well-liked by the general public.
Sure, that's just good PR.

This strategy worked like a charm for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints...

Tim said:
Next? Simple. More and more "Churches" will accept gay marriage and transgenders as normal people and move away from the traditional stand that these people are simply sick in need of a physician. The political correctness of the Church in general will grow and leave America more and more vulnerable to further its moral breakdown. This in turn will create great persecution for any Church that takes a stand against the moral breakdown for not only will government be against them, but a large community of "Churches" ....
I agree that's what's going to happen, though I would skip the moral decay and persecution spin.

Izdaari said:
Speaking as an actual gay rights activist,.......... I believe in winning debates, not silencing the opposition.

Well, this explains why you are on every "gay rights" thread promoting your pro-gay agenda.

JrChurch said:
Izdaari said:
Speaking as an actual gay rights activist,.......... I believe in winning debates, not silencing the opposition.

Well, this explains why you are on every "gay rights" thread promoting your pro-gay agenda.
Sure, but note that my agenda is not the same as the one taken from that website.  I shared that with you all so I could speak with some authority on what IS and IS NOT the gay agenda. Yes, I'm an interested party, but I'm something of an insider on the subject, and so have some expertise on it. Of course, gay rights advocates are not monolithic, and different people in it may have different opinions.

Being active in causes I believe in has been an important part of my life since I was 16 or so. I started out in Young Americans for Freedom (YAF), a conservative youth group started by, among others, William F. Buckley, Jr.  Later, I was in Young, Republicans (YR), College Young Republicans (CYR), the Libertarian Party, and campaigns for various candidates. I've been a party officer and delegate to party conventions in both parties, Libertarian and Republican, and a Republican candidate for state legislature. Also a state officer for YAF and for CYR, and a staff member at a national gun rights organization.

Today. aside from LGBT issues, I work for gun rights, individualist feminism AKA libertarian feminism and with the Libertarian Party. I have no secrets. Well, very few -- I'm not going to give you my account numbers or passwords, or even my real name and address. But ask me anything else, and I'll either tell you the truth, or decline to answer if it's too personal.

What's next/already happening is that saying 'sodomy is sinful' will be declared hate speech.

Tarheel Baptist said:
What's next/already happening is that saying 'sodomy is sinful' will be declared hate speech.
The part that's likely to be taken as hate speech is not "is sinful", but the first word.

Izdaari said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
The part that's likely to be taken as hate speech is not "is sinful", but the first word.

Again, you are mistaken, IMO.
You protest to my wording...but it doesn't matter what you call it, Homosexuality, being 'Gay' or sodomy....if you add that it is wrong or sinful behavior, it will be called 'hate speech'. That is the M.O. of the looney liberal left.

http://www.youngcons.com/college-employee-being-investigated-for-saying-there-are-only-two-genders/

Tarheel Baptist said:
Izdaari said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

You protest to my wording...but it doesn't matter what you call it, Homosexuality, being 'Gay' or sodomy....if you add that it is wrong or sinful behavior, it will be called 'hate speech'. That is the M.O. of the looney liberal left.

http://www.youngcons.com/college-employee-being-investigated-for-saying-there-are-only-two-genders/
I'm sure some will say that, but I won't. I accept that as being within the range of civilized opinion. It is after all what the majority of conservative Christians believe, though that is changing. It's the words "sodomy" and "sodomite" that I object to because they are pejorative and are intended to be, like the "N word". The difference is no doubt that I'm not of the progressive left but the libertarian right.

Saying there are only two genders is a different statement than that homosexual activity is sinful. If the employee in question was repeating Catholic doctrine, that should be protected under freedom of religion, but it could still be contrary to company policy.

Izdaari said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Izdaari said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

I'm sure some will say that, but I won't. I accept that as being within the range of civilized opinion. It is after all what the majority of conservative Christians believe, though that is changing. It's the words "sodomy" and "sodomite" that I object to because they are pejorative and are intended to be, like the "N word". The difference is no doubt that I'm not of the progressive left but the libertarian right.

Saying there are only two genders is a different statement than that homosexual activity is sinful. If the employee in question was repeating Catholic doctrine, that should be protected under freedom of religion, but it could still be contrary to company policy.

Again, you are mistaken
The transgender bathroom/shower room controversy is just the latest episode in the left's campaign to cram the acceptance of their moral agenda down our collective throats. They have won the gay marriage fight and now it's extra rights for less than one percent of the population.

There is no difference in saying homosexuality is a sin and there are only 2 genders, both according to the Bible. As to company policy VS Catholic doctrine...the agency in question was a CATHOLIC school.