Growing up Fundy article

qwerty

Active member
Registered
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
1,391
Reaction score
3
Points
38
Gawker....

PTSD.....

Needed the laugh.
 

IFB X-Files

Active member
Doctor
Registered
Joined
Jan 10, 2013
Messages
2,183
Reaction score
18
Points
38
Just come on over to the HAC forum for the glorious stories (sometimes).
 

bgwilkinson

Active member
Doctor
Registered
Joined
Feb 4, 2012
Messages
4,013
Reaction score
1
Points
36
Norefund said:
She does not hide her opinion.

Jennifer C. Martin wrote.

"I strongly, strongly suggest taking a look at Hyles-Anderson College/Church and everyone involved with that organization and its sister churches. I almost ended up there, and I had cousins that both went there - and they’ve both made a huge parting of ways with that sort of people. That’s a horrible organization. By moral standards, and even by its own, it’s rotten from the inside out while trying to fool people into thinking it’s the opposite. "
 

Fresh Air

New member
Registered
Joined
Jan 27, 2012
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
0
Points
0
So the fundamentalist (Ha!) pentecostal (after mentioning fundamentalists Mormons) is struggling to overcome his bias against homosexuality b/c of all the legalism in his past...

That is where viewing rules as "legalism" takes you.




You're welcome.
 

Just John

New member
Registered
Joined
Jan 25, 2012
Messages
847
Reaction score
0
Points
0
While many in the comments section express  their opinions in anger, hyperbole  and express as "bigoted" some core teachings of the Word, namely the sin of homosexual (acts) I think we can just about all say we know people who were hurt badly by various improper teaching or application from what we would term IFBx churches.

Of course people are also hurt spiritually in mainline churches where the whole of scripture is not taught or taught correctly.
 

IFB X-Files

Active member
Doctor
Registered
Joined
Jan 10, 2013
Messages
2,183
Reaction score
18
Points
38
Just John said:
While many in the comments section express  their opinions in anger, hyperbole  and express as "bigoted" some core teachings of the Word, namely the sin of homosexual (acts) I think we can just about all say we know people who were hurt badly by various improper teaching or application from what we would term IFBx churches.

Of course people are also hurt spiritually in mainline churches where the whole of scripture is not taught or taught correctly.
Absolutely.  The world is full of people who have been "hurt".  The world is also full of people who have been blessed.  I could write a small book on the crap I've endured working with and being under IFB pastors, but that hasn't swayed my position on being IFB one bit.

Those that spew venom publically show a side of their personality they should leave at home, IMHO.
 

RevBob

New member
Registered
Joined
Jun 25, 2015
Messages
117
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Bogus article by a fake Christian, who did not grow up fundamentalist.
 

IFB X-Files

Active member
Doctor
Registered
Joined
Jan 10, 2013
Messages
2,183
Reaction score
18
Points
38
RevBob said:
Bogus article by a fake Christian, who did not grow up fundamentalist.
Right.  And Linda Murphy's video wasn't really Linda Murphy.
 

HeDied4U

Active member
Doctor
Registered
Joined
Jan 25, 2012
Messages
2,561
Reaction score
9
Points
38
Age
56
RevBob said:
Bogus article by a fake Christian, who did not grow up fundamentalist.
Is that you DeaconDixon??
 

RevBob

New member
Registered
Joined
Jun 25, 2015
Messages
117
Reaction score
0
Points
0
IFB X-Files said:
RevBob said:
Bogus article by a fake Christian, who did not grow up fundamentalist.
Right.  And Linda Murphy's video wasn't really Linda Murphy.
Who's Linda Murphy?  That is if I should know or care who she is.
 

Bruh

New member
Doctor
Registered
Joined
Aug 13, 2013
Messages
3,051
Reaction score
0
Points
0
RevBob said:
IFB X-Files said:
RevBob said:
Bogus article by a fake Christian, who did not grow up fundamentalist.
Right.  And Linda Murphy's video wasn't really Linda Murphy.
Who's Linda Murphy?  That is if I should know or care who she is.
You should she has a soul.
 

sword

Well-known member
Doctor
Registered
Joined
Feb 25, 2013
Messages
3,482
Reaction score
32
Points
48
Bruh said:
RevBob said:
IFB X-Files said:
RevBob said:
Bogus article by a fake Christian, who did not grow up fundamentalist.
Right.  And Linda Murphy's video wasn't really Linda Murphy.
Who's Linda Murphy?  That is if I should know or care who she is.
REV BOB is clearly a a freshman at the FFF. Welcome to the forum. The HAC forum may shed some light on who Linda Murphy is & why she matters in this discussion.
 
Top