HAC Campus

BALAAM said:
prophet said:
BALAAM said:
Sherryh said:
With the cuts that FBC did to people ....are you serious that Mrs H is still getting JH check. I don't think so....

Does anyone know? .

I thought they voted years ago, before jh died, to pay her his full salary for life after he died.
You mean "we".

Didn't you vote that night?

I did.

earnestly contend

If I remember correctly, there wasn't much voting. The deacons would put forth a recommendation to the church and then say, All in favor say aye. All opposed... Motion is carried. So, did I vote? I don't really know.
Good point!

We made a pretense at shared responsibility, but in actuality it was a dictatorship.

Like sermon time, when it was "Army Chow"...."you don't get to pick what you eat here, you just hold out your tray, and take what we're(I'm) dishin out".

earnestly contend

prophet said:
BALAAM said:
prophet said:
BALAAM said:
Sherryh said:
With the cuts that FBC did to people ....are you serious that Mrs H is still getting JH check. I don't think so....

Does anyone know? .

I thought they voted years ago, before jh died, to pay her his full salary for life after he died.
You mean "we".

I did.

earnestly contend

If I remember correctly, there wasn't much voting. The deacons would put forth a recommendation to the church and then say, All in favor say aye. All opposed... Motion is carried. So, did I vote? I don't really know.
Good point!

We made a pretense at shared responsibility, but in actuality it was a dictatorship.

Like sermon time, when it was "Army Chow"...."you don't get to pick what you eat here, you just hold out your tray, and take what we're(I'm) dishin out".

earnestly contend

That's exactly right, plus make sure you have your Bibles closed so you can't fact check my sermon.

Back in the day people thought they could just get the tape and check it latter.

Bad idea because Mrs. N would edit out all the bad stuff, as if it never happened.

prophet said:
BALAAM said:
prophet said:
BALAAM said:
Sherryh said:

Does anyone know? .

You mean "we".

I did.

earnestly contend

Good point!

earnestly contend

I am not saying it was a bad thing, just that was how it was done.  With a large church like that you would be in trouble having to have discussions and votes on stuff like this.

bgwilkinson said:
prophet said:
BALAAM said:
prophet said:
BALAAM said:
Sherryh said:

Does anyone know? .

You mean "we".

I did.

earnestly contend

Good point!

earnestly contend

That's exactly right, plus make sure you have your Bibles closed so you can't fact check my sermon.

Back in the day people thought they could just get the tape and check it latter.

Bad idea because Mrs. N would edit out all the bad stuff, as if it never happened.
One thing I had to settle with God, before I would return to any church, was his method of delivering truth to me.

I was in a jail cell, in Crown Point LCJ, and I was telling God that I couldn't follow men, cuz I heard Jack Hyles lie, and he was the "pastor", so I knew that this was not God's designed way to teach me.

I told God I would only follow The Book, because every man is a liar.

2 things were the result:

I never put any "preacher" on a pedestal.

I never refused to fellowship with brethren with which I disagreed.  Like you, FI.

That decision, made at a time when I was out of church for years, was the one that liberated me.

It gave me courage to stand against a wolf recently, more details once he is sentenced, but I was there to see the jury pronounce him GUILTY!!.

God is good.

earnestly contend

BALAAM said:
prophet said:
BALAAM said:
prophet said:
BALAAM said:
Sherryh said:

Does anyone know? .

You mean "we".

I did.

earnestly contend

Good point!

earnestly contend

I am not saying it was a bad thing, just that was how it was done.  With a large church like that you would be in trouble having to have discussions and votes on stuff like this.
Which is why small groups are a necessity in a large church

?

earnestly contend