HAC/FBCH staff/faculty now serving elsewhere

bgwilkinson said:
Jeff Owens, very high strung decided he wanted to pastor, so he moved out East, believe he has bounced around a lot since then.
Grass is not really greener on the other side.

He's been in only two churches:

Shenandoah Bible Baptist in Martinsburg, WV
Twin Rivers Baptist in New Berne, NC

He did have a hiatus-type period of time between these two churches. 

patriotic said:
bgwilkinson said:
Jeff Owens, very high strung decided he wanted to pastor, so he moved out East, believe he has bounced around a lot since then.

It was a needed hiatus, it wasn't really his fault tbh.

patriotic said:
bgwilkinson said:

He travelled and preached as a (whatever unscriptural term he used) in the interim.

Most definitely bounced around.

Shouldn't be allowed in a pulpit, dragging that ho around, but I guess if you were a golden boy once, you get away with whatever.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

prophet said:
patriotic said:
bgwilkinson said:

He travelled and preached as a (whatever unscriptural term he used) in the interim.

Shouldn't be allowed in a pulpit, but I guess if you were a golden boy once, you get away with whatever.
If he was invited to speak at churches how it that any of your business.

He saw tremendous growth when he went to Shenandoah. The couple of times I was there, the church seemed to be on fire and the people seemed to be very happy and growing.

I believe patriotic is correct, he only pastored 2 churches. The number of churches you preach at, while in evangelism, do not count as bouncing around. That's the purpose of the evangelist, to bounce around.

sword said:
prophet said:
patriotic said:
bgwilkinson said:

Shouldn't be allowed in a pulpit, but I guess if you were a golden boy once, you get away with whatever.

He saw tremendous growth when he went to Shenandoah. The couple of times I was there, the church seemed to be on fire and the people seemed to be very happy and growing.

I believe patriotic is correct, he only pastored 2 churches. The number of churches you preach at, while in evangelism, do not count as bouncing around. That's the purpose of the evangelist, to bounce around.
The "bouncing around" is descriptive of the pastor to evangelist to pastor to not pastor that he has done in the last several years.
It is exactly "bouncing around", and it is exactly for the kind of reasons that we are addressing when we use the term.

So please, tell me how having 4 different "jobs" in 7 years isn't bouncing around.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

prophet said:
sword said:
prophet said:
patriotic said:
bgwilkinson said:

The "bouncing around" is descriptive of the pastor to evangelist to pastor to not pastor that he has done in the last several years.
It is exactly "bouncing around", and it is exactly for the kind of reasons that we are addressing when we use the term.

So please, tell me how having 4 different "jobs" in 7 years isn't bouncing around.
I don't see a problem here. He left Hammond around the time most of us feel we would have left.
He left Shenandoah to get his family in order, something I think we all agree was necessary and support.
He preached at a number of churches (as evangelists normally do) until he was ready to seek a pastorate again.
When a church called him as their pastor he change from "bouncing around" as an evangelist to pastoring as a Sr. pastor of a local church.

I guess I miss-understood, you were referring to the transitions between 3 churches in 40 years. Seems well within the turnover rate for the ministry. How many churches have you been a member of in the past 50 years? How many ministries have you drawn a paycheck from in the past 45 years?  Not sure I consider 3 churches excessive considering the resignation from Shenandoah was appropriate & necessary.

Well, I hope his family issues have been fixed/improved.

I don't have a high opinion of him, but that's because the times I did hear him preach, he never preached a Biblical message.

I wish him well, however.

Walt said:
I don't have a high opinion of him, but that's because the times I did hear him preach, he never preached a Biblical message.

That's why he and Allen Domelle got along so well.

RAIDER said:
As we know there are many who worked full time in the ministries of FBCH/HAC through the years who are no longer there. I thought it might be interesting to list those who are now serving full time in other ministries throughout the world. Please give the name as well as the position in which they are serving.

*As is our custom, one name per post.

Todd Weber is the pastor of Briarwood Baptist Church, Ann Arbor, Mich.
http://www.briarwoodbaptistchurch.org/
He and his wife Jaclynn also both teach at Plymouth Christian Academy, Plymouth, Mich.

Last edited:
Hey, I worked at HAC for 3 months one time...on the Grounds Dept!
Does that count? :LOL: