Hacker Trivia!!

Baptist City Holdout said:
RAIDER said:
RAIDER said:
What color suit coats did the guys that gave the tours of FBCH wear?

Yellow..... Steppin' out on faith with this one.

I knew it was a light color.

That's not enough, Hacker!!

I realized a long time ago, it's whatever you say the color of the suit is!

Now there's a blessin'!!

fishinnut said:
Why was this theme song sung at HAC?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMyIm8kx6rQ

I worked with a guy who, when he was a teen, had a bit part in that show having a coin flipped to him by Efrim. He dropped it.  Take 2.  He dropped it again.  Take 3.  Efrim grabbed his hand and slapped the coin in it!

fishinnut said:

We need answers.

Twisted said:
RAIDER said:
fishinnut said:

We need answers.

It had to be for a skit.
When I was at HAC many of the guys were a little older & had already served in the military, so they had grown up with that theme song on a TV show. Ed Reese taught history of.............something. We had some 90-100 guys in the class. Instead of calling the roll for attendance Reese assigned each of us a number & he would have us count off. Half way through the semester when the count got to 77 we all started singing "77 Sunset Strip. "  It always brought a laugh to the class.  :) ;) :D ;D

fishinnut said:
When I was at HAC many of the guys were a little older & had already served in the military, so they had grown up with that theme song on a TV show. Ed Reese taught history of.............something. We had some 90-100 guys in the class. Instead of calling the roll for attendance Reese assigned each of us a number & he would have us count off. Half way through the semester when the count got to 77 we all started singing "77 Sunset Strip. "  It always brought a laugh to the class.  :) ;) :D ;D

LOL!  Did everyone snap their fingers?

Twisted said:
fishinnut said:

Forgot.........yes..........Everyone.

fishinnut said:
Twisted said:
fishinnut said:

Forgot.........yes..........Everyone.

No doubt a stimulus to keep awake in Reese's class.

fishinnut said:
What is the HACker definition of a "rut"?

Being financially withdrawn every semester?

fishinnut said:
Remember the bumper stickers..............KEEP ON PRAYING?

I remember the "Pray for Power" stickers.

This preacher and his wife came to visit HAC in 1980.  The students lined up along the street and lane up to the college and into the chapel.  There were balloons and confetti. 

RAIDER said:
This preacher and his wife came to visit HAC in 1980.  The students lined up along the street and lane up to the college and into the chapel.  There were balloons and confetti.
John R Rice

fishinnut said:
RAIDER said:
John R Rice

Correct!!

What preacher once had a full semi of Pink Grapefruit delivered to HAC?

Oh for those days of ease. Our rule book became quite a convoluted mess. It required quite the legal mind to understand all of it. We worked diligently to discover any loopholes and certain students would even offer their services to others for a nominal favor to help them find a way out of a rulebook jam. We still got swats, and lots of them. We really didn't need to reach a demerit milestone. GW prided himself in his ability to inflict lasting memories. He also had a habit of bruising the chest of students whenever he had the whim. TV's swats were laughable. Lining up the whole class for swats was not uncommon. DB's were strong enough to send a message but he did not take pride in how hard he could hit. Of course, there was FM with his annual tantrum of picking a student up out of his chair and tossing him into the locker.... ::)

.....and people wondered why we rebelled..... ???
You are correct and you just brought back so many scenes that I watched play out!