Hacker Trivia!!

Can you name the two area Shakeys locations during the '80s?

RAIDER said:
Don't forget Duff's, too

earnestly contend

fishinnut said:
RAIDER said:
There was 1 on Indianapolis Blvd.......I think in Hignland.
More importantly Shakeys still has 47 locations, all in California. I like to stop in one every time business takes me that way.

http://www.shakeys.com/our-story/

fishinnut said:
RAIDER said:

Right on.

earnestly contend

fishinnut said:
RAIDER said:

That is correct.  It was our Mecca.  Where was the second one?

RAIDER said:
fishinnut said:
RAIDER said:

Imma let the outotowners answer this.

earnestly contend

prophet said:
RAIDER said:
fishinnut said:
RAIDER said:

earnestly contend

There was one in the Century Mall parking area.  If you can remember Century Mall.

Binaca Chugger said:
prophet said:
RAIDER said:
fishinnut said:
RAIDER said:

earnestly contend

There was one in the Century Mall parking area.  If you can remember Century Mall.

It must not have been part of my Calumet Region experience. I do remember Woodmar Mall.

Baptist City Holdout said:
Binaca Chugger said:
prophet said:
RAIDER said:
fishinnut said:
RAIDER said:

earnestly contend

It must not have been part of my Calumet Region experience. I do remember Woodmar Mall.
Century Mall is the Mall at 30/Broadway, to the East of Broadway

earnestly contend

prophet said:

Right.  Where Service Merchandise was.

Twisted said:
prophet said:

Right.  Where Service Merchandise was.
Best place to get an engagement ring, back in the day.

earnestly contend

This morning a memory of an incident while at HAC came to mind.

I worked with a guy for 3.5 years while there. I had given him the gospel & witnessing tracts but he had no interest & was the typical C atholic. I never noticed........just did it........but according to him would walk in whistling often........probably some song from chapel.

One day I walked in & he acted like he was made at me & asked, "Why are you always whistling?! You always act like everything in life in alright & good."

I told him that was not true but I knew Jesus Christ as my Savior & He is good & when life isn't good He has the ability & power to make it turn around for good.

That was when he reached in his pocket & pulled out a tract & asked, "Is that was what this is all about?"

I answered, "Yes."

He asked me to explain it to him again. I did.

He told me that the night before he had read it over & over & had prayed & asked Jesus to save just like I had explained it.

It pays to keep living all out............for Jesus.

I'll see Pete in Heaven some day.

fishinnut said:

I worked with a guy for 3.5 years while there. I had given him the gospel & witnessing tracts but he had no interest & was the typical C atholic. I never noticed........just did it........but according to him would walk in whistling often........probably some song from chapel.

One day I walked in & he acted like he was made at me & asked, "Why are you always whistling?! You always act like everything in life in alright & good."

I told him that was not true but I knew Jesus Christ as my Savior & He is good & when life isn't good He has the ability & power to make it turn around for good.

That was when he reached in his pocket & pulled out a tract & asked, "Is that was what this is all about?"

I answered, "Yes."

He told me that the night before he had read it over & over & had prayed & asked Jesus to save just like I had explained it.

Great story.  Just a few questions that some on the forum are thinking.

1.  Did he repent?

2.  Did he renounce Rome?

3.  Did he repent?

4.  Did he get baptized in a Baptist church?

5.  Did he repent?

Twisted said:
fishinnut said:

I answered, "Yes."

Great story.  Just a few questions that some on the forum are thinking.

1.  Did he repent?

2.  Did he renounce Rome?

3.  Did he repent?

4.  Did he get baptized in a Baptist church?

5.  Did he repent?

You forgot; Was it a King James tract? ;)

BALAAM said:
You forgot; Was it a King James tract? ;)

LOL!  Actually, I thought of saying something like that after I had posted.  Great warped minds think alike!

fishinnut said:

I answered, "Yes."

This reminds me of when I worked in the Century Mall in the early 1980's.  I had a manager whose name was Carol.  She was a mess.  She'd tease me publicly about being a 20 year old virgin and being Baptist, but privately she'd ask me tons of questions.  We talked for hours (Century Mall was quite dead during the recession of 1980-83).  One night she announced to me, "I'm ready".  I said to do what?  She said "To get saved."  I took her through the Scripture and she prayed and trusted Christ.  She even called our district manager who was a believer and told him.  She started growing and asking questions.  I was going home for the summer and she told me she was going to start visiting First Baptist.

What I didn't know was that she was pregnant by her former boyfriend.  She did go to First Baptist.  Hyles chose that Sunday to scream at a woman who had walked out of the service to use the restroom and then came back in.  She had a small child with her.  She was appalled.  I made excuses and she returned.

Unbeknownst to me, she decided to talk to someone about her pregnancy.  She was considering putting it up for adoption.  She called the church, naively asking for Hyles.  She was shuffled to Ray Young. 

When I came back in the fall and got my job back, the first day she looked at me and stuck her finger out at me and said, "Don't ever talk to me again about God, your Christianity or that Church!"  Once she calmed down, she told me that she'd gone to Ray Young for Counsel and told her about her recent conversion and her pregnancy.

His first question to her, "Is the baby's father white or black?" 

To my knowledge, she never darkened the door to a church again.  It broke my heart.

What a jackass.  What a cult.  What a tragedy.

Holy Moley said:
fishinnut said:

I answered, "Yes."

This reminds me of when I worked in the Century Mall in the early 1980's.  I had a manager whose name was Carol.  She was a mess.  She'd tease me publicly about being a 20 year old virgin and being Baptist, but privately she'd ask me tons of questions.  We talked for hours (Century Mall was quite dead during the recession of 1980-83).  One night she announced to me, "I'm ready".  I said to do what?  She said "To get saved."  I took her through the Scripture and she prayed and trusted Christ.  She even called our district manager who was a believer and told him.  She started growing and asking questions.  I was going home for the summer and she told me she was going to start visiting First Baptist.

What I didn't know was that she was pregnant by her former boyfriend.  She did go to First Baptist.  Hyles chose that Sunday to scream at a woman who had walked out of the service to use the restroom and then came back in.  She had a small child with her.  She was appalled.  I made excuses and she returned.

Unbeknownst to me, she decided to talk to someone about her pregnancy.  She was considering putting it up for adoption.  She called the church, naively asking for Hyles.  She was shuffled to Ray Young. 

When I came back in the fall and got my job back, the first day she looked at me and stuck her finger out at me and said, "Don't ever talk to me again about God, your Christianity or that Church!"  Once she calmed down, she told me that she'd gone to Ray Young for Counsel and told her about her recent conversion and her pregnancy.

To my knowledge, she never darkened the door to a church again.  It broke my heart.

His Racism has done a lot to harm the cause of Christ in Chicagoland.

earnestly contend

Holy Moley said:
fishinnut said:

I answered, "Yes."

Probably wanted a little insight before he cracked a racist joke....

Or before recommending an abortion.