Hacker Trivia!!

qwerty said:
Holy Moley said:
fishinnut said:
This morning a memory of an incident while at HAC came to mind.

I worked with a guy for 3.5 years while there. I had given him the gospel & witnessing tracts but he had no interest & was the typical C atholic. I never noticed........just did it........but according to him would walk in whistling often........probably some song from chapel.

One day I walked in & he acted like he was made at me & asked, "Why are you always whistling?! You always act like everything in life in alright & good."

I told him that was not true but I knew Jesus Christ as my Savior & He is good & when life isn't good He has the ability & power to make it turn around for good.

That was when he reached in his pocket & pulled out a tract & asked, "Is that was what this is all about?"

I answered, "Yes."

He asked me to explain it to him again. I did.

He told me that the night before he had read it over & over & had prayed & asked Jesus to save just like I had explained it.

It pays to keep living all out............for Jesus.

I'll see Pete in Heaven some day.

This reminds me of when I worked in the Century Mall in the early 1980's.  I had a manager whose name was Carol.  She was a mess.  She'd tease me publicly about being a 20 year old virgin and being Baptist, but privately she'd ask me tons of questions.  We talked for hours (Century Mall was quite dead during the recession of 1980-83).  One night she announced to me, "I'm ready".  I said to do what?  She said "To get saved."  I took her through the Scripture and she prayed and trusted Christ.  She even called our district manager who was a believer and told him.  She started growing and asking questions.  I was going home for the summer and she told me she was going to start visiting First Baptist.

What I didn't know was that she was pregnant by her former boyfriend.  She did go to First Baptist.  Hyles chose that Sunday to scream at a woman who had walked out of the service to use the restroom and then came back in.  She had a small child with her.  She was appalled.  I made excuses and she returned.

Unbeknownst to me, she decided to talk to someone about her pregnancy.  She was considering putting it up for adoption.  She called the church, naively asking for Hyles.  She was shuffled to Ray Young. 

When I came back in the fall and got my job back, the first day she looked at me and stuck her finger out at me and said, "Don't ever talk to me again about God, your Christianity or that Church!"  Once she calmed down, she told me that she'd gone to Ray Young for Counsel and told her about her recent conversion and her pregnancy.

His first question to her, "Is the baby's father white or black?" 

To my knowledge, she never darkened the door to a church again.  It broke my heart.

What a jackass.  What a cult.  What a tragedy.
Probably wanted a little insight before he cracked a racist joke....

Or before recommending an abortion.
I wish this wasn't so true.

earnestly contend

Binaca Chugger said:
prophet said:
RAIDER said:
fishinnut said:
RAIDER said:
Can you name the two area Shakeys locations during the '80s?

There was 1 on Indianapolis Blvd.......I think in Hignland.

That is correct.  It was our Mecca.  Where was the second one?
Imma let the outotowners answer this.

earnestly contend

There was one in the Century Mall parking area.  If you can remember Century Mall.

You are correct, sir!!

RAIDER said:
Binaca Chugger said:
prophet said:
RAIDER said:
fishinnut said:
RAIDER said:

earnestly contend

There was one in the Century Mall parking area.  If you can remember Century Mall.

You are correct, sir!!

The building that housed Shakeys in Merrilville is now a Japanese restaurant.

Tennessean said:
RAIDER said:
Binaca Chugger said:
prophet said:
RAIDER said:
fishinnut said:
RAIDER said:

earnestly contend

You are correct, sir!!

Pure blaspheme!!

RAIDER said:
Tennessean said:
RAIDER said:
Binaca Chugger said:
prophet said:
RAIDER said:
fishinnut said:
RAIDER said:

earnestly contend

You are correct, sir!!

Pure blaspheme!!
It could be a juicing bar!

RAIDER said:
Binaca Chugger said:
prophet said:
RAIDER said:
fishinnut said:
RAIDER said:

earnestly contend

You are correct, sir!!

I remember because one of my friends was going to have a birthday party there and my dad was VERY hesitant about letting me go.  It wasn't a "good" place because of the big TV that you could not control.  Also, that is where all of the DEADBEAT HACkers hung out, making it a shameful place.  I ended up getting to go, much to my father's chagrin.  We never went as a family.

Binaca Chugger said:
RAIDER said:
Binaca Chugger said:
prophet said:
RAIDER said:
fishinnut said:
RAIDER said:

earnestly contend

You are correct, sir!!

I remember because one of my friends was going to have a birthday party there and my dad was VERY hesitant about letting me go.  It wasn't a "good" place because of the big TV that you could not control.  Also, that is where all of the DEADBEAT HACkers hung out, making it a shameful place.  I ended up getting to go, much to my father's chagrin.  We never went as a family.

DEADBEAT HACKERS=Shakey's Ministry

Guess who the leader of that ministry was in the 80's?

Teri in NC said:
Binaca Chugger said:
RAIDER said:
Binaca Chugger said:
prophet said:
RAIDER said:
fishinnut said:
RAIDER said:

earnestly contend

You are correct, sir!!

DEADBEAT HACKERS=Shakey's Ministry

Guess who the leader of that ministry was in the 80's?

At times it was difficult for female students to know the locations of various local businesses because we were accustomed to seeing only one side of the road from our (required to always ride) bus seats. 

What were the punishments for 25, 50, 75, and 100 demerits?

RAIDER said:

50=campus
No talking to members of the opposite sex for 2 or 3 weeks (I can't recall how many weeks....either was an eternity)
No being out of dorm or library except for classes, ministry, church, and dining hall. (Dining hall..not Liberty Square)
Beginning at 6pm, report to sign in every hour at the South Hallway Desk until 10pm. (It is possible to make this trip in 45 minutes if you walk slow enough.)

100-=expulsion

Teri in NC said:
RAIDER said:

50=campus
No talking to members of the opposite sex for 2 or 3 weeks (I can't recall how many weeks....either was an eternity)
No being out of dorm or library except for classes, ministry, church, and dining hall. (Dining hall..not Liberty Square)
Beginning at 6pm, report to sign in every hour at the South Hallway Desk until 10pm. (It is possible to make this trip in 45 minutes if you walk slow enough.)

100-=expulsion

If I remember correctly the punishments were as follows:

25 demerits - you had to work 3 or 4 hours for the college.
50 demerits - campus for "x" number of weeks
75 demerits - campus for "x" number of weeks
100 demerits - expulsion

3 demerits - chewing gum
Bowling on a Sunday morning- expulsion

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Excuses heard for demerits- priceless

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Baptist City Holdout said:
Talking w/ a member of the opposite desk on the South Hallway after 2PM was reported...

What would that be?  A chair?

In 1980 or 1981 the student body got to vote for two preachers from anywhere in America to come and preach in a special chapel service.  Who were the two?

RAIDER said:
In 1980 or 1981 the student body got to vote for two preachers from anywhere in America to come and preach in a special chapel service.  Who were the two?

Johnny Pope and Dave Hyles

RAIDER said:
RAIDER said:

Johnny Pope and Dave Hyles

Not that I would correct anyone, but we chose three. The third was Lester Roloff!