Hammond and Willow Creek

I was thinking the same thing. Plus he purchased the house a long time ago didn't he? So one would think there would be huge equity built up by now?

Bravo said:
I was thinking the same thing. Plus he purchased the house a long time ago didn't he? So one would think there would be huge equity built up by now?
Yeah, like he owned it outright?

Anishinabe

Binaca Chugger said:
prophet said:
Exell said:
No doubt a lot went wrong, but I do not see how you can say we did not need the new auditorium. With chairs pulled out, you still could not find a seat in the old auditorium, especially on Sunday nights. At the peak under Schaap, before it began to deteriorate , we were getting close to filling the new auditorium. I remember on Sunday nights they were beginning to open up  the top shelf of the balcony, and many times it was half full.
From what I remember, it was not so much the new auditorium that ran up the spending but all of the other remodeling done in conjunction with its construction.
We "estimated" it at 14 mil.  It came in at over 30.
We blew through the initial loan, and spent another 10 on lavish offices, and the 3rd floor finishing project, after the fact.  Russ and J.D. couldn't dump their buckets in fast enough, to keep up with EL and Jack-S.
The Rehabbing was done and paid for, prior to the N.A., for the most part, and wasn't the source of the debt.
The Carpet in Jack-S'S office cost as much as the remodel of  3 buildings on State St.
Never mind his house.

Anishinabe

WOW.

I remember being given a tour by one of the office people in the 3rd floor court building while it was under renovation.  I did ask: "Why does he need such a huge, elaborate office, and then a full apartment above his office?"  The response:  He is a CEO of a huge corporation that employees X thousand people.  why shouldn't he have a nice office?    :-\

WOW.... have been in that office many times.... is there really an apartment above it?

WESLEY said:
Binaca Chugger said:
prophet said:
Exell said:
No doubt a lot went wrong, but I do not see how you can say we did not need the new auditorium. With chairs pulled out, you still could not find a seat in the old auditorium, especially on Sunday nights. At the peak under Schaap, before it began to deteriorate , we were getting close to filling the new auditorium. I remember on Sunday nights they were beginning to open up  the top shelf of the balcony, and many times it was half full.
From what I remember, it was not so much the new auditorium that ran up the spending but all of the other remodeling done in conjunction with its construction.
We "estimated" it at 14 mil.  It came in at over 30.
We blew through the initial loan, and spent another 10 on lavish offices, and the 3rd floor finishing project, after the fact.  Russ and J.D. couldn't dump their buckets in fast enough, to keep up with EL and Jack-S.
The Rehabbing was done and paid for, prior to the N.A., for the most part, and wasn't the source of the debt.
The Carpet in Jack-S'S office cost as much as the remodel of  3 buildings on State St.
Never mind his house.

Anishinabe

WOW.

I remember being given a tour by one of the office people in the 3rd floor court building while it was under renovation.  I did ask: "Why does he need such a huge, elaborate office, and then a full apartment above his office?"  The response:  He is a CEO of a huge corporation that employees X thousand people.  why shouldn't he have a nice office?    :-\

WOW.... have been in that office many times.... is there really an apartment above it?

That was the jury room for the 2nd-floor courtroom. It had a very narrow steep stairway as the only entrance or exit. Very small room, not big enough for more than a conference table.
I got claustrophobia every time I when up there. If there was a fire you may die as the only windows were not the kind you could open. I would describe it as a large closet or jail cell.

What was up there, what is up there now?

Also, where is the staircase?

It was empty during remodeling. There is access to the back of the clock on the front of the 2nd-floor courtroom form this room.
Windows are 2-inch thick green glass for projectile protection.
The door is located just to the right inside the main pastor's office suite.