Have you been vaccinated?

They gave the second shot of a two-stage vaccine to people 60 years and older yesterday. Three people I talked to have no side effects today. Remember that there are several different brands, so these results won't apply to everybody.

Two people who live in the US replied on another forum. One had severe sickness but recovered. The other currently is suffering from a painful arm, dizziness, and a fever. They had both taken different vaccines from the one in this part of Mexico.

They gave out the second dose here in Chapala, Mexico, yesterday. It was only for people over 60 years old. One of the Americans who stood in line for a couple of hours posted this:
Sally Matteson
I stood in line yesterday wondering about all the young people standing in line until we were almost at the gates and they switched places with their elderly relatives who were seated in cars or chairs. What a wonderful country!!

Vince's posts increasingly remind me of Grandpa Simpson's inane babbling.

Interesting reading on these replies... Personally, I don't put much stock in the conspiracy theories... I think they merely inflame pride.
My family had COVID in Feb (thankfully, slight cases), and everyone has recovered.
I am skeptical about the speed at which the vaccines were rushed to be ready, and am concerned that they may have missed something, but I would not argue anyone out of getting it, if they want it. I resent high-handed attempts to force everyone to get it.

Vaccination passports will inevitably be required, at least for certain activities, and maybe as a prerequisite to benefit from various government programs. Nothing new about that. In December, 1873, unemployed Chicago workers seeking food assistance from the local relief agency were turned away unless they had a certificate of smallpox vaccination.

I talked to two more folks who had gotten the vaccine here in Chapala, and they also report no side effects.

Evidently, there’s some controversy about it ‘out there’.

Evidently, there’s some controversy about it ‘out there’.
Yes I have been vaccinated and in reference to your article and the substance of it I think this falls into the category of a couple of competing thoughts. One being that as citizens of free country we have the right to exercise our rights under our constitution as Paul did in Rome, but alternatively I would say that this issue has become one of schism unnecessarily so for Christians who should practice not judging their brother regarding matters of conscience and adiaphora.

Yes I have been vaccinated and in reference to your article and the substance of it I think this falls into the category of a couple of competing thoughts. One being that as citizens of free country we have the right to exercise our rights under our constitution as Paul did in Rome, but alternatively I would say that this issue has become one of schism unnecessarily so for Christians who should practice not judging their brother regarding matters of conscience and adiaphora.
I would say the schism goes beyond Believers, into the culture at large.
I also have no qualms about who does or doesn’t get vaccinated or who wears a mask.
I am totally against any mandate for vaccines because we are free to decide for ourselves...at least for now.
I have however worn a mask when it was necessary...mostly in stores or anywhere else I was asked to do so. But believe masks have become the way the schism has been perpetrated.

The one they're giving here in Mexico is 90% effective. Since my wife and I had Covid-19 last year, we are safer than a person who has been vaccinated.
Same. I've had the bug, fought it off, and have been around symptomatic individuals since then with no recurrence.

Same. I question the death rate posted.
I doubt the death rate is accurate either. There are too many incentives to determining COVID as the cause of death. However, there is no question it's many times more deadly than the flu. In my lifetime I can't think of anyone I've know even remotely that died of the flu. I know at least 2 people from my former church that died of Covid. I have one coworker who lost a mother and another relative to COVID. Between the few people I know of firsthand and people that coworkers and friends have told me of I can come up with about 10 people who have died of it. You could also look at other nations who don't give incentives for finding COVID as the cause of death. Doesn't mean someone should be forced to take the vaccine, if your younger and healthy it may be an acceptable risk to hold off on the vaccine.

I doubt the death rate is accurate either. There are too many incentives to determining COVID as the cause of death. However, there is no question it's many times more deadly than the flu. In my lifetime I can't think of anyone I've know even remotely that died of the flu. I know at least 2 people from my former church that died of Covid. I have one coworker who lost a mother and another relative to COVID. Between the few people I know of firsthand and people that coworkers and friends have told me of I can come up with about 10 people who have died of it. You could also look at other nations who don't give incentives for finding COVID as the cause of death. Doesn't mean someone should be forced to take the vaccine, if your younger and healthy it may be an acceptable risk to hold off on the vaccine.
The death rate you cited earlier is grossly inflated. A death rate is the number of those who die of a disease divided by the number of those actually infected. The number who are actually infected is always larger than the number of documented cases, and early on in the pandemic it was estimated that the number actually infected was about 19 times the number of reported cases.

The only feasible way to get an accurate estimate of the number of actual cases is to do testing of scientific representative samples of the population, and then interpolating from there. Fauci knows that, and yet that was never done in the U.S. in response to the pandemic, as that would have shown a death rate very comparable to that of that of Influenza.

The pandemic response was, and is political.

The death rate you cited earlier is grossly inflated. A death rate is the number of those who die of a disease divided by the number of those actually infected. The number who are actually infected is always larger than the number of documented cases, and early on in the pandemic it was estimated that the number actually infected was about 19 times the number of reported cases.

The only feasible way to get an accurate estimate of the number of actual cases is to do testing of scientific representative samples of the population, and then interpolating from there. Fauci knows that, and yet that was never done in the U.S. in response to the pandemic, as that would have shown a death rate very comparable to that of that of Influenza.

The pandemic response was, and is political.
I'm assuming the governor Cuomo of NY did nothing wrong, though. The COVID patients he put in the nursing homes didn't really lead to more than just a handful of residents dying at most.

I'm assuming the governor Cuomo of NY did nothing wrong, though. The COVID patients he put in the nursing homes didn't really lead to more than just a handful of residents dying at most.
The death rate in nursing home residences was around 20%, but that's not the death rate you cited. Are you talking about the total mortality rate, or the rates among subsets? If you want to speak of subsets, there is no risk in school aged kids, so little risk among those aged 30 to 55 as to even blink an eye.
Herd immunity could have been reached last year while protecting the vulnerable segments, with very few deaths if a medical and scientific response were mounted to this pandemic, but then the intended psychological and economic damage to the nation, each with their particular (and greater) death tolls taken, could not have been inflicted.

How many deaths would be acceptable?

How many deaths would be acceptable?
I would assume if the death rate was around the same as the risk from the flu that would be acceptable, since no one goes to extraordinary measures to prevent flu deaths.

I would assume if the death rate was around the same as the risk from the flu that would be acceptable, since no one goes to extraordinary measures to prevent flu deaths.
Don't judge the death rate by the covid pandemic response. The response was purely political.