"He Gets Us"

Smellin Coffee

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Interesting commercials but here's my view: it is an attempt to bring piety back to Evangelicalism or perhaps a tool to whitewash it's actions and intents.

In the Super Bowl ads, the producers used characters of power to wash the feet of those who are oppressed (primarily those ostracized by Christian Nationalists).

The police officer, the pro-life protestor, the priest, etc. It is the groups that are doing the oppression that are being framed as behaving "most like Jesus" in these commercials.

Why wasn't the lady in the hijab or the queer person washing feet? Because they cannot be like Jesus and groups like HeGetsUs can't believe these folks have the ability to be Christlike as their individual person.

Isn't the messaging that Christians shouldn’t be persecuting other people a good thing good? Sure is, but in doing so it still establishes a distinct line between the heroes (generally but not exclusively the stereotypical white cis Christian) and the villains - those who need "salvation". It implies that it is the LGBTQ community, the woman accessing the women's clinic and the Muslims are the ones who needs to repent.

The financial backers of this message has an agenda and they have shown their true colors despite this campaign. But why do this? They want to attract such communities so they have the opportunity to change them to be like they are. It is about religious, sexual and even ethnic colonization using "tender propaganda".

It is extremely insidious and in my perisomal opinion, in opposition to the love Jesus taught and demonstrated.

Interesting commercials but here's my view: it is an attempt to bring piety back to Evangelicalism or perhaps a tool to whitewash it's actions and intents.

It was an attempt to be judgmental of evangelical Christians for paying lip service to the teachings of Jesus, albeit vaguely- or undefined ones.

Sounds like it was right up your alley.

What an absolute low view of God! I don't think I have ever seen something more blasphemous and more insulting to the very nature of God!

Does Jesus "get" us? OF COURSE he gets us! He gets us more than we get ourselves! God knows every thought and intent of our heart, that it is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked (Jer 17:9)!

Do we "Get God?" The creators of this ad campaign certainly do not get God nor do they have any desire to! They are idolaters who have re-crafted a god in their own image according to their own imaginations and preferences!

If you truly met the Eternally Existent, Thrice Holy, Almighty God, you would not dare speak so highly of yourself as you are doing so!

What an absolute low view of God! I don't think I have ever seen something more blasphemous and more insulting to the very nature of God!

Does Jesus "get" us? OF COURSE he gets us! He gets us more than we get ourselves! God knows every thought and intent of our heart, that it is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked (Jer 17:9)!

Do we "Get God?" The creators of this ad campaign certainly do not get God nor do they have any desire to! They are idolaters who have re-crafted a god in their own image according to their own imaginations and preferences!

If you truly met the Eternally Existent, Thrice Holy, Almighty God, you would not dare speak so highly of yourself as you are doing so!
You've just outlined the very essence of humanity as it stands before God. There but for His grace go we all.

Just like every single one of us - you and I included. ;)

What use to Me is frankincense from Sheba

or sweet cane from a distant land?

Your burnt offerings are not acceptable;

your sacrifices do not please Me.”

Jeremiah 6:20

Just like every single one of us - you and I included. ;)
Nope. The invisible things of him are clearly revealed in his creation, through our conscience, and through the divinely inspired canon of scripture! The reason you would reject that which has been revealed is through willful ignorance and a desire to remain in darkness.

I could be incorrect, but I heard that the owner of Hobby Lobby paid for the ads.

In the Super Bowl ads, the producers used characters of power to wash the feet of those who are oppressed (primarily those ostracized by Christian Nationalists).

The police officer, the pro-life protestor, the priest, etc. It is the groups that are doing the oppression that are being framed as behaving "most like Jesus" in these commercials.

Why wasn't the lady in the hijab or the queer person washing feet? Because they cannot be like Jesus and groups like HeGetsUs can't believe these folks have the ability to be Christlike as their individual person.

Isn't the messaging that Christians shouldn’t be persecuting other people a good thing good? Sure is, but in doing so it still establishes a distinct line between the heroes (generally but not exclusively the stereotypical white cis Christian) and the villains - those who need "salvation". It implies that it is the LGBTQ community, the woman accessing the women's clinic and the Muslims are the ones who needs to repent.

The financial backers of this message has an agenda and they have shown their true colors despite this campaign. But why do this? They want to attract such communities so they have the opportunity to change them to be like they are. It is about religious, sexual and even ethnic colonization using "tender propaganda".

It is extremely insidious and in my perisomal opinion, in opposition to the love Jesus taught and demonstrated.
2Jn 1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.
You cannot separate love from the truth. The reason people refuse to repent and believe the gospel is they love their sin. Christians who refuse to proclaim the truth in love are deceiving the lost.

This video is one of the most interesting videos I have ever seen. I don't know who the guy doing the interview is but the impact of his witnessing to this "transgender pastor" should be an example for all Christians who believe that telling the truth in love is unkind. You need to watch the entire interview. This man who believes he is a woman is so accurate concerning the substituionary atonement and what the gospel is that it is scary. After going through the entire interview sounding like the apostle Paul, all of a sudden when sin is mentioned, the interview ends and there is no more discussion.

I have never understood how God could have created such a desperately wicked creature. What was his purpose in doing so?

I have never understood how God could have created such a desperately wicked creature. What was his purpose in doing so?
He didn't create anyone that way. We took it upon ourselves to go astray.

Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, so also death was passed on to all men, because all sinned. Romans 5:12

Referring to the above post...

I can hear the objections, I've made them myself:

"So, I had no choice in the matter! I'm a sinner because those before me were. How can I be judged?"

Alright then, we'll cut some slack for those who can honestly say they have never wilfully sinned and can say they have a totally clean conscience. Any takers?

I listen to Erwin Lutzer of “Running to Win” pretty regularly on the radio and a few weeks ago he said a listener sent him a sermon by a pastor on cassette tape entitled, “God is a Gambler.” In the sermon the pastor said that when God put Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden He was gambling that they wouldn’t sin. And then God decided to send his Son to die on the cross for our sins and was gambling that men and women would believe the gospel. In our finite minds that is the conclusion many come to. We think that God is a gambler and has lost control of His universe.

Isa 46:8 Remember this, and shew yourselves men: bring it again to mind, O ye transgressors.

Isa 46:9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,

Isa 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

Isa 46:11 Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.

Rom 9:11
(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)

Rom 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

Rom 9:14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.

Rom 9:15
For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

Rom 9:17
For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

Rom 9:18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

Rom 9:19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

Rom 9:20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

Rom 9:21
Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

Rom 9:22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

Rom 9:23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

I have struggled with Calvinism because in my finite mind I can’t comprehend a God who doesn’t live in time and “Declares the end from the beginning” and what He has “purposed He will also do it..” Everything God does is for His glory. He receives glory in His wrath as well as in His mercy. The question isn’t why does God save some and allow others to justly remain in their sins. The question is why does God show mercy to anyone?

Not being able to reconcile the sovereignty of God and the responsibility of man when it comes to salvation many reject one or the other and by doing so make up their own God in their own image to make Him be who they want Him to be.

According to Ephesians 1:4 God has chosen us before the foundation of the world and has predestinated us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will,

I can’t answer your question
except for the fact that everything God does is to glorify Himself.