He kissed orthodoxy goodbye.

Fixed your link for you:

What is Happening in Christianity?

Good stuff. This especially stood out, as Marty Sampson was the first person that came to mind when I started reading his article:

I just read today in a renown worship leader?s statement, ?How could a God of love send people to hell? No one talks about it.? As if he is the first person to ask this? Brother, you are not that unique. The church has wrestled with this for 1500 years. Literally. Everybody talks about it. Children talk about it in Sunday school. There?s like a billion books written on the topic. Just because you don?t get the answer you want doesn?t mean that we are unwilling to wrestle with it.

Sampson also asked about various other issues: the existence of evil, contradictions in the Bible, claiming also that "no one talks about it." As Cooper writes, Christians have been wrestling with these issues and others for centuries. Apropos to the question of a loving God sending people to hell, back in 2001, I heard  D. A. Carson give a lecture series on hermeneutics, during which he recounted a story about a talk he had given about the Christian faith. During the Q&A, a young woman came to the mike and asked, "But, Dr. Carson, what about the Hindus?" His sarcastic answer to her (demonstrating an appropriate application of Proverbs 26:5) was something like, "Oh, no, I never thought of that. I'll have to start all over again!" His non-sarcastic follow-up (demonstrating an appropriate application of Proverbs 26:4) was to admonish her for thinking Christians had never had to work through these problems.

Frankly, though, this somehow doesn't surprise me coming from someone with Sampson's background. He's part of Hillsong Church, which is part of the "second wave" of the charismatic movement. When you think of Hillsong, you think of worship songs of the kind Sampson himself has written. You don't think of an intellectually vigorous Christianity. Sampson may very well honestly believe no one is talking about these things. He inhabits a happy-clappy neo-Pentecostal bubble.

Ransom said:
Fixed your link for you:

What is Happening in Christianity?

Good stuff. This especially stood out, as Marty Sampson was the first person that came to mind when I started reading his article:

I just read today in a renown worship leader?s statement, ?How could a God of love send people to hell? No one talks about it.? As if he is the first person to ask this? Brother, you are not that unique. The church has wrestled with this for 1500 years. Literally. Everybody talks about it. Children talk about it in Sunday school. There?s like a billion books written on the topic. Just because you don?t get the answer you want doesn?t mean that we are unwilling to wrestle with it.

Sampson also asked about various other issues: the existence of evil, contradictions in the Bible, claiming also that "no one talks about it." As Cooper writes, Christians have been wrestling with these issues and others for centuries. Apropos to the question of a loving God sending people to hell, back in 2001, I heard  D. A. Carson give a lecture series on hermeneutics, during which he recounted a story about a talk he had given about the Christian faith. During the Q&A, a young woman came to the mike and asked, "But, Dr. Carson, what about the Hindus?" His sarcastic answer to her (demonstrating an appropriate application of Proverbs 26:5) was something like, "Oh, no, I never thought of that. I'll have to start all over again!" His non-sarcastic follow-up (demonstrating an appropriate application of Proverbs 26:4) was to admonish her for thinking Christians had never had to work through these problems.

Frankly, though, this somehow doesn't surprise me coming from someone with Sampson's background. He's part of Hillsong Church, which is part of the "second wave" of the charismatic movement. When you think of Hillsong, you think of worship songs of the kind Sampson himself has written. You don't think of an intellectually vigorous Christianity. Sampson may very well honestly believe no one is talking about these things. He inhabits a happy-clappy neo-Pentecostal bubble.

Thanks, tried doing it from my phone and really had an issue getting the link to go correctly.

The author is the lead singer from the band Skillet, which I appreciate but not the biggest fan of. It is far from worship music, but apparently more firm in their faith than the Hillsong crowd.

qwerty said:
The author is the lead singer from the band Skillet, which I appreciate but not the biggest fan of. It is far from worship music, but apparently more firm in their faith than the Hillsong crowd.

Which does not surprise me. The theology in "alternative" genres is frequently (though not always) better than in mainstream CCM or worship music. I like Skillet and I'm glad to see their lead singer is theologically astute.

Ransom said:
qwerty said:

Which does not surprise me. The theology in "alternative" genres is frequently (though not always) better than in mainstream CCM or worship music. I like Skillet and I'm glad to see their lead singer is theologically astute.
It's called demon possession...  SMH

https://youtu.be/1mjlM_RnsVE

The secret side of me I never let you see
I keep it caged but I can't control it
So stay away from me, the beast is ugly
I feel the rage and I just can't hold it
It's scratching on the walls, in the closet, in the halls
It comes awake and I can't control it
Hiding under the bed, in my body, in my head
Why won't somebody come and save me from this? Make it end

I feel it deep within, it's just beneath the skin
I must confess that I feel like a monster
I hate what I've become, the nightmare's just begun
I, I feel like a monster
I, I feel like a monster

My secret side I keep hid under lock and key
'Cause if I let him out, he'll tear me up, break me down
Why won't somebody come and save me from this? Make it end!

I, I feel like a monster
I, I feel like a monster

HammondCheese said:
Ransom said:
qwerty said:

I, I feel like a monster
I, I feel like a monster

I, I feel like a monster
I, I feel like a monster

Well, you obviously don't get the song in the spiritual/scriptural context with which it was performed.

Comment on YouTube:
"Song's talking about how we want to do evil things and regardless of how much we give ourselves up to God we're just as evil as anyone: actually, we're worse, becsuse we know the truth. That's why Christ is all we have, because we don't even have ourselves just to begin with. And there's no worse feeling than the one we get when The Holy Spirit of God's presence leaves us. Such a feeling of dread, as if all the evil within had no chains to keep us from doing all the things we want to do; no, it's worse, it feels like all that evil has now chained us to itself. It's maddening."

I mean, if you didn't get that truth out of that song, I'm concerned for your salvation!

OK....that all tongue-in-cheek.  Devil music, pure and simple.

Twisted said:
Well, you obviously don't get the song in the spiritual/scriptural context with which it was performed.

The song is, in fact, about putting on a positive facade, while the sinful nature and desire to do evil lurks beneath trying to escape.

Is Romans 7 devil music too?

Ransom said:
Twisted said:

The song is, in fact, about putting on a positive facade, while the sinful nature and desire to do evil lurks beneath trying to escape.

Is Romans 7 devil music too?

Comparing Holy Write to that satanic trash is blasphemy.

Just sayin'.

Ransom said:
Twisted said:
Comparing Holy Write to that satanic trash is blasphemy.

Well, an Internet nobody says so, so it must be true.  ::)

64e.jpg

Twisted said:
HammondCheese said:
Ransom said:
qwerty said:

I, I feel like a monster
I, I feel like a monster

I, I feel like a monster
I, I feel like a monster

Comment on YouTube:
"Song's talking about how we want to do evil things and regardless of how much we give ourselves up to God we're just as evil as anyone: actually, we're worse, becsuse we know the truth. That's why Christ is all we have, because we don't even have ourselves just to begin with. And there's no worse feeling than the one we get when The Holy Spirit of God's presence leaves us. Such a feeling of dread, as if all the evil within had no chains to keep us from doing all the things we want to do; no, it's worse, it feels like all that evil has now chained us to itself. It's maddening."

I mean, if you didn't get that truth out of that song, I'm concerned for your salvation!

OK....that all tongue-in-cheek.  Devil music, pure and simple.
Dang, Twisted!  You had me worried there for a minute.  Haha

"Cause if I let HIM out, HE'LL tear me up, break me down
Why won't somebody come and save me from this? Make it end!"

Not only does that song clearly speak of a demonic personality inside of him, but every word of that song is clearly expressing demonic possession and mentions nothing of God.

And there is absolutely nothing Scriptural about that YouTuber's comment.  [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Everything is satanic unless it dresses like an episode of Leave it to Beaver.  IFB 14:3

HammondCheese said:
Not only does that song clearly speak of a demonic personality inside of him,

I see our resident moon-landing-denying moonbat is still having a bit of trouble distinguishing literal language from figures of speech again.

Look up "personification" sometime. Or maybe "anthropomorphism."

HammondCheese said:
\WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE GIVE ME THIS F-TARD'S ADDRESS SO I CAN GO BEAT HIS ASS TO A BLOODY PULP?!?!?!  (Not sorry about the language AT ALL!)

I will hunt you down, Ransom, you Satanic, demon-posessed POS!  And when I said 'bloody', you can take that LITERALLY, you stupid F!  Don't you EVER talk about my Mom like that!!!!!!!

Ah, now you get the difference between literal and figurative.

P.S. Your mom uses excessive capitalization and exclamation marks.

Ransom said:
HammondCheese said:

Your mom is called demon possession, MoonCheese.

WHO is a MODERATOR on here???  Besides Legion here...

Ransom said:
HammondCheese said:
WHO is a MODERATOR on here???

Feeling a bit guilty for your temper tantrum, Moonbeam? No reason you can't self-ban.
No, Legion...  I stand by my word.  You're nothing but a coward hiding behind your 'wittle' keyboard.

HammondCheese said:
No, Legion...  I stand by my word.

Suuuuuuure you stand by your word.

Whatever. You're nothing but a small-IQ, short-tempered Fundanderthal who throws a wobbly like a toddler and issues idle threats you can't carry out. Your only purpose for existence is being laughed at.